You & I

Day Twenty-Three

To be disgustingly cliche (and because I have no clue how else to be right now), I am a storm of emotions.

Ok, maybe not a storm exactly, but definitely a strong wave.

The morning after our movie (non-date) date, I woke up in my usual cocoon of covers. Nothing unusual about that right? The thing is, I didn't go to sleep in my bed.

After three movies, half a pizza and a couple of beers, I fell asleep. More importantly, I fell asleep on Chris, leaning against his shoulder. To top it off, before he left, he carried me into my room and tucked me up in bed. And although I didn't confirm it was him until I spoke to him, I knew. Helen couldn't have picked me up with her weak chicken arms, and Bobby wouldn't do something so considerate. I'd be lucky if Bobby so much as covered me with the blanket from the back of the sofa.

Chris left a note telling me to call him when I woke. Which I actually did straight away for once. No waiting until after breakfast, or after I had walked Fudge, or a thousand other things I would think to do before I get a reply to people.

I managed to laugh off the whole embarrassment of falling asleep on him when I spoke to Chris. I told him I'd done it before, fallen asleep on people, and I immediately wanted to hit my head on the desk closest to me. The whole thing turned in to more teasing on Chris's side because he thought it was hilarious.

The reason he had wanted to speak to me, was to tell me that he was going away for two weeks to re-shoot some scenes for his latest movie.

It did bother me knowing that I wasn't going to see Chris for a while. Especially since I was ready to admit that I liked having him around, but it's not like I wouldn't be speaking to him at all while he was away. I was content in this.

In fact, it was the events which followed a couple of days later which brought about my wave of emotion.

Cooper had a job on a magazine shoot. Nothing unusual there. But oh what I would have given for another normal day. It was a photo shoot featuring five up and comers, aka the beautiful young future stars of Hollywood. Damn they were pretty though. Even without the eight layers of slap the make-up artist applied.

I was prepping the hair of one of the actors, ready for Cooper, and overheard the conversation taking place beside us. It was between one of the young actresses and the secondary make-up artist Jenna, who was applying the finishing touches. I hadn't crossed paths with the actress, she had brought her own air stylist along. He voice carried and she had this sultry laugh to go with her deep green eyes and dark hair.

"-nothing like you would expect," she said to Jenna.

"He's gorgeous," Jenna responded.

"And such a sweetheart," the actress said dreamily. Geez, until that moment I didn't actually think people actually sounded dreamy when describing something.

"I can't believe you're dating Chris Evans. He's my celebrity crush, after Bradley Cooper."

What the double F.

The tube of serum fell from my grasp and and bounced off the solid floor, turning most of the attention my way.

One of the assistants appeared. "Can we have Miss Francis now?"

The actress in question, the dark haired, green eyed beauty stood up. "Call me Melody."

Melody. As in Melody Francis aka Chris Evans girlfriend?

I watched her walk away with one of my trademark dumb expressions plastered over my face. Needless to say, I couldn't much concentrate after that. I didn't know how to respond, or how I was supposed to feel. The first wave was anger. Anger at Chris for leading me on.

Then the rational part of my brain kicked in to gear. Chris hadn't lead me on had he. He was the one who had used the friend term, and he hadn't made a move on me.

So why did...well, it kind of hurt. That's ridiculous right? Because ok, we've text or spoken on the phone everyday since we met at Cafe CC, but apart from those few times when we bumped in to each other, we've actually only hung out twice.

I had to speak to someone. I had to speak to Tara.
I also had to buy some nail rescue treatment because I had managed to chew my fingernails down into oblivion.
♠ ♠ ♠
No, I'm not trying to confuse you on purpose, I changed the name Sophia to Melody.

BOOM.

Image