The Freshman Year

Don't Say Goodbye

Anthony's P.O.V.

As the bottle of Jose Quervo emptied in my cup. I couldn't help but wonder where she was. Had she found another date? My blood began to boil at that thought. So I thought of the times we had shared together and began to calm down. I think I started crying but I was too focused on my drink to care. She couldn't leave me. This was a stupid fight. We'd get beyond it. She loves me. Didn't she? She never said it. I got angrier and angrier and I was in my car before I had a chance to think. As I drank in the last drops of the contents of my cup, my vision began to swirl. I liked the feeling of no control that it gave me. I didn't worry, I didn't think. Before I knew it I was in the school parking lot. And out the of the corner of my eye I saw them. First Chloe and Hanah, then there was some guy with his arm around Hanah. I would kill him. She's mine. I stumbled out of my car and began the seemingly long walk to get her back. I'm not even sure if I turned my car off, I didn't care. All I knew was she was mine, and he was gonna die.

Hanah's P.O.V.

I heard the clacking of steel towed shoes on the pavement. Before I could turn all the way around something flew past my head. I froze. Anthony's hand was on my shoulder pulling at Joey's. It seemed like a four year olds hand at first because the touch was so light. As I whipped around to face him, I caught the scent of tequila on his breath. He was drunk. As he came closer, I motioned for Chloe to turn around. Joey and faced off. Joey had never looked stronger to me. To prevent any fight, as much fun as that would be, I stepped between them.

Hanah: "Anthony what the fuck are you doing here? Go home."

Anthony:"N-N-Not wiphout you."

Hanah:"What??"

Anthony:" Tack yo hanmd off my giffriend wiht now!"

He was slurring so badly that I stepped closer to understand him. Joey stepped after me. He never left my side.

Joey:"Why you just go home? No one can understand you anyway. Leave her alone. Now."

Anthony:"I will fight you. Yeah."

Hanah:"Chloe stop laughing this isn't funny."

Chloe:"Yeah it is." (laughing)

Anthony:"We bewong together! In fact, I willl fit you! I'm a pirate and here's my swword. Washa!" (pulls out empty bottle of tequila)

(anthony falls to the ground)

Joey:"Ouch! That's gotta hurt."

I rushed to his side. And then I saw it.

"Get a fucking paramedic! He's bleeding. Now!"

As the paramedics strapped him on the gurney, he opened his eyes for a moment. My God, he did love me. He pulled my close to him before they loaded him on the ambulence. He tried to speak but he could only whisper.

He said:"Don't leave me."

To be continued.....