Status: I do not own these characters. They are from Les Misérables

Je T'aime

Introduction

Eponine stood before the high rising apartment building in the middle of Paris. She took a deep breath before running inside with excitement. When she climbed the stairs she saw Marius, her lifelong friend, kneeling on the floor of his bedroom and rummaging through an old creme coloured trunk. She stood at the door, leaning against one side.
"Hey there Monsieur," She said. "what's new with you?" She continued to watch him. "Haven't seen much of you late. Planning no doubt to change the world? Plotting to overthrow the state? Still living here in this old sewer; might as well doss down in a ditch. You still pretending to be poor? Everyone knows your grandpa's rich."
Marius turned around and said with squinted eyes, "How did you.."
Eponine grinned slyly, "There's lots of things I know."
Marius picked up his trunk, grinned back, and made his way past Eponine who was still in the doorway. "Won't take a franc that I've not earned. All of those bridges have been burned."
"I like the way you talk Monsieur!" Eponine said, following Marius down the stairs.
Marius turned close to her and Eponine caught her breath in her throat."I like the way you always tease!" Marius said, and he hurried down the stairs.
Eponine stood back and took a deep breath. In a somewhat sad voice she said to herself, "Little he knows.. -Little he sees."