Status: I do not own these characters. They are from Les Misérables

Je T'aime

Chapter 1

As Eponine exited the building, she saw Marius facing the other way, staring at something. To her horror, 'Ponine saw a wealthy looking blonde girl with her father right where Marius was looking. The girl was looking back.

Eponine watched Marius cross the street to follow the girl, and simply stood back. The girl was familiar. It was as if Eponine had know her as a child.

"Cosette," 'Ponine said quietly. "Now I remember...Cosette, how can it be?" Eponine remembered Cosette as the child who used to work for her family. "We were children together. Look what's become of me."

"Eponine," came Marius' voice like beautiful bells in her ears, "who was that girl?"

"Some bourgeois two-a-penny thing!" Eponine responded and she began to walk away.

"Eponine, find her for me!" Marius persisted, his voice anxious.

Eponine decided to tease him a bit. "What will you give me?" She asked, a sly grin spreading across her tan face.

"Anything!" Marius smiled broadly at her.

"Got you all excited now, but God knows what you see in her. Ain't you all delighted now..." she trailed off, her giggles stopping when she saw Marius digging through his pockets. "No," she said sadly. "I don't want your money, sir." Again she began to walk away, in fear of crying in front of him.

"Eponine," Marius grabbed her arm. "do this for me... Discover where she lives. Be careful how you go. Don't let her father know..." Marius had no filter. "'Ponine, I'm lost until she's found!"

Eponine felt the lump in her throat but gave Marius a sad smile. "You see I told you so, there's lots of things I know..." Marius left her, excitement apparent in his beautiful green eyes. She added quietly to herself, "'Ponine, she knows her way around..."
♠ ♠ ♠
k so the first chapters will be pretty much what goes on in the musical but I'll add more original stuff in the later chapters.