Neverland

I

Never had I been one to take advantage of my brother’s kind nature, It just wasn’t in me. I hated watching people screw him over time and time again, and even now, he’s the one people walk over and use.

Growing up my brother had pretty much taken care of me all the time, not that my parents weren’t lovely, god they were, but I was a troublesome kid and someone needed to have an eye on me 24/7 and my parents had to work and so Zack took it upon himself to take care of me all the time. My problem was I had no concept of danger and I’d do stupid things and never have any fear of anything happening to me. Eventually all the parents in the neighbourhood decided I was a bad influence and all the kids were banned from playing with me, so from about the age of 8 I spent all of my time with my brother. He was my best friend and my hero, not matter how cliché it may be.

Zack’s kindness was something that always shone through, he was a quiet kid, but handsome, god was he handsome. We always had girls at our door, though Zack paid very little attention to them, all he cared about was me and the band. He just wanted to make it. I never had a doubt that he would. He was never so sure, but even as a kid I knew my big brother was going to be famous someday. My parents were great too, they let them use the garage to practice in whenever they wanted and as long as Zack took care of me and didn’t let his grades slip, they supported him. ‘Everyone needs a creative outlet, it’s just as important as what’s in any book.’ My dad used to say. I guess that’s one thing I could always be proud of; my family. I was a lot luckier than some, my family were loving and kind and always supported my brother and I in what we wanted to do. I guess that’s why Zack is the way he is though, he expects everyone to be a good person. He doesn’t think people are capable of lying; especially his fans. It’s what I hate most though, they fuck him over and treat him like crap. I’m not stupid I know he’s the least popular and the least recognised, musically and otherwise, out of the band and it fucking sucks because he deserves better. Yet they have no problem lying to him and telling him they’re dying to get to meet the band and then when the loveable fool gives them what they want they fawn over Jack and Alex and completely ignore him. It hurts him more than he’ll ever admit.

I’d just been on tumblr to check his tag, like I did most mornings and I’d seen something about a girl with terminal cancer trying to contact Zack and I wanted to get mad. Sure if this girl really had cancer it’d be cool for her to meet the guys but the likelihood was she didn’t and that she was just some Ali King wannabe. I decided to shut down my laptop and give my brother a call before leaving for college.

“Rory, Lisa is here!” My mom called up the stairs just as I was slipping on my vans. I guess my call to Zack will have to wait.

“Hey hoe bag, how’s it going?” I asked as I entered the hall to find her leaning against the wall outside my bedroom.

“Thanks Rora, love you too. So I was thinking, the boys are home in a few weeks before they head off to Warped Tour and I was thinking we should do something special for them.” I loved Lisa, even though her and Alex hadn’t worked out she still stuck around to look out for me and even the guys. Alex had been a douche bag to her, but she had gotten over it. People were so wrong about her, she was the sweetest little thing.

“We say this every time they come home and then we end up staying in and having a fucking Disney marathon and never getting to my favourites because Matt demands control of what films we watch until he falls asleep, and he’s always the last fucking one to fall asleep!” I grumbled. Every damn time it was the same.

“No, this time we shall actually do something! Jacks birthdays is coming up too so we need to plan something for that, I have an idea though.” Lisa suggested, pretty much ignoring my mini rant.

“Fine. What do we want to do?” I rolled my eyes. I picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite. Eating apples always made me miss Alex. It sounds strange I know, but they remind me of him, he’s the only person I know that eats the core of the apple. He always gets mad at me when I throw them away instead of giving them to him.

“I was thinking Disneyland for Jacks. I mean it’s not very original but I was thinking we could maybe have it the weekend before Warped or something and then we can make it a private thing and invite all the bands along and stuff. We would have the whole of Disneyland to ourselves for a night, what do you think?” I couldn’t help but let an excited squeal escape my lips. The idea of Disneyland completely to ourselves was amazing. I couldn’t even begin to imagine how amazing that would be.

I’d never actually been to Disneyland. We’d never gone as kids and the only time my brother went was when he was on tour, so I’d never gotten to experience it. I know how much Matt loved it, and even how much Zack loved it, so I was desperate to have that experience and especially to be able to share it with the guys.

“Lisa, that is a brilliant idea! Jack will love it. Ahhh I cannot wait!” During my excitement I had forgotten the time. I stole a quick glance at the clock on the wall and screamed ‘shit’, earning a scolding from my mother.

“What’s wrong?” Lisa gasped.

“I’m running late and I’ve missed the bus!” I yelped as I ran around looking for my bag and keys.

“Want me to drive you?” Lisa asked, she hadn’t moved from her spot, instead she was stood laughing at me.

“You would be a life saver! Please?” Lisa was the most perfect human being ever. How Alex had justified them splitting up I had never understood. She was just so kind and caring and always doing shit for me even though she had no obligation to. I was just Zack’s kid sister who hung around all the time. She never treated me like that though, she was always sweet to me and took care of me. Zack was brilliant but there were times when I needed a girls advice, and especially when it came to boys. She was always the one there for me.

“You owe me one. Come one.” I thanked her again and made my way to her car that was parked in my driveway. She was wrong though, I owed her more than one. Lisa was literally my best friend, and she did everything for me. I don’t even think I’d be here today if it wasn’t for her.

“Okay so, spill the beans. How are things with Cody?” She giggled as she started her engine.

“You’ve got to be kidding me right? He barely speaks to me anymore. Not since he found out who my brother was. He’s a twat.” I growled. I’d never been more angry in my life.

“What do you mean? What’s wrong with Zack?”

“He said something about All Time Low being an ‘emo band’ and not wanting to be associated with that and with that, me. I very nearly killed him. He was an idiot anyway. Good body, but horrible personality.” I shrugged, it wasn’t like it was a big deal. It never was. I’d never been in love before, not even close.

“What an arsehole! So is there anyone else on the cards…” She gave me a look and I knew instantly who she was talking about.

“No. How many times are we going to have this conversation?” I grumbled. Luckily we had pulled up outside school at this point. “Thanks for the lift!” I called as I jumped out of the car. I hated that my parents refused to buy me a car. Zack had gotten his first car at 16, but apparently I wasn’t responsible enough. Now I was 18 and I still wasn’t responsible enough.

I was just about to enter Psychology when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket before ‘Nuclear Family’ by Green Day began blaring. I felt my stomach drop, it was Zack’s ringtone and there is no way he’d be phoning me when I was supposed to be in school unless it was important.

“Hey?” I answered.

“Rora? I have some news…” Zack answered nervously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so this is my first attempt at a Flyzik fic, hope you guys enjoy :P Comment and Subscribe and Recomend! :D