Carry On

Eight

Somewhere off in the distance I could hear a rabbit's heart beating, I was so high. This only made me more upset because getting high was supposed to mean going to sleep. But Michael is an idiot and gave me Cory's stash instead of my own. My supply was supposed to make me drowsy before knocking me out cold. Cory was a fun-loving person, and smokes a different kind of weed to keep him up and at it for football. Not all weed is the same, you see. I wish I would have realized the switch sooner before smoking the entire bag. When I wasn't feeling the familiar drowsy feeling, I continued to smoke so sleep would come sooner. So of course, I'm stuck once again without sleep and I can hardly feel my legs.

You know in the movies when someone is turned into a vampire? And all of a sudden they can see everything differently. It's all clear and crisp, you can hear someone two miles away, and you can actually feel in high definition. It doesn't even make sense, but it happens and it's what I was feeling at the moment.

My face was against the carpet and it felt like it was alive. The smooth pale beige molecules of the carpet were stroking my face, caressing my cheek as they swayed back and forth like the sea. I wondered if I could suffocate myself with carpet.

Somewhere I could hear a car engine, and it was getting closer. If it was Dad, I would have to get up and move, or he would find me. If I didn't, then he'd flip a shit and I had already pissed him off enough this week. I couldn't bring my body to do that, though, so I stayed glued to my carpet. I could hear the footsteps and the door opening. In fact, I just remembered that I didn't lock the door last night. I was only disappointed that someone didn't come murder me while I was alone, "Liza?"

Not Dad?

"Liza?" Jimmy called again before I could hear him rush up the stairs. I managed to twitch a little when he opened the door, "Liza? Why the fuck are you on the ground?" He asked with a little chuckle in his voice, truly curious as to why I was hugging my carpet. I'm sure my position was quite amusing.

"It's so soft," I murmured, my fingers delicately running over the floor. He took a cautious step forward and looked around before kneeling down to my level. Flat on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No," I replied honestly, "I just want to fucking go to sleep," I growled and he looked closer at me.

"Look at me, Liza," He stated. I found it quite odd because Jimmy never demanded me to do anything. He was almost as messed up as I was, but more happy about it. Regardless, I couldn't bring my eyes up to meet his. I had no control of anything in my body I was so numb, "Liza, I said look at me," He didn't sound very happy now. So I drew my eyes up (with much needed force) from his tattooed arm to his face, staring into his blue eyes. He didn't have to look at me long. I saw his blue eyes swirl with shock before humor, and finally disappointment. "You're higher than a kite. C'mon," He said, placing one hand under my neck and the other behind my knees.

I heard footsteps again, this time quicker, "Jimmy, what the hell is taking so long?" Johnny shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I could only wonder why, of all people, Dad would send these two hooligans to get me instead of his four-star-general buddy named Matt.

"Change of plans, Short Shit," Jimmy yelled back as we descended down the stairs. When we reached the bottom I could hardly tell where I was anymore. Everything looked so... different. The house was the same, but it wasn't. I wasn't hallucinating, I just knew something was off. And it freaked me out.

"Where am I?" I asked, attempting to squirm out of Jimmy's arms with no luck.

"Is she okay? What happened?" Johnny asked and I could feel his palm on my forehead.

"She's higher than Mount Olympus at the moment," Jimmy muttered to him, as if trying to keep a secret. Like I didn't know I was high? Please.

"So what do we do?"

"Well, if we take her to Matt's, he'll flip a shit. And when Brian wakes up, he'll flip another shit," Jimmy stated.

"So what do we do?" Johnny asked, "You can't bring her to mine. Lacey is home."

Jimmy was silent for a moment, and I knew he was thinking, "We'll take her to Zack. He'll know what to do without going ape-shit like those other two drunks," Jimmy decided before Johnny scoffed in response.

"Where am I?" I said a little louder.

"You're okay, Liz. Don't worry about anything."

That same feeling was back. The anxious demon twisting in my stomach. I could understand why looking around I was so... uneasy. I hated it. I wanted to burn everything, "Let me go," I tried to squirm out of his grasp, only to feel even more uneasy. Everything was spinning.

"Calm down, Kid. We're gonna take you to Zack's," Jimmy said softly, "Drive," He nodded to Johnny and I felt the car move at lightning speed. I swore I was in a space ship for a moment. It was then that I realized that I was in the backseat, leaning against Jimmy. I couldn't hold myself up, no matter how hard I tried. Weights were pulling me down and I could feel my heart start to beat faster.

I made a groaning sound as I tried to move, and that only panicked me more. The drive to Zacky's was taking forever, despite how fast we were moving, before I felt Jimmy start to pull me out of the car, "Is Gena home?" Jimmy asked.

"Doesn't look like it. Her car's gone," Johnny replied.

"Good. Call Lacey and try to keep her occupied. She's not going to like this," Jimmy explained and we were in the house.

Zack's house seemed to much larger than last time. The ceilings were sky high and I felt like the entire house was floating. I once again attempted to raise my arm, to try to reach for the ceiling above me, but couldn't.

"Ugh!" I yelled out in frustration, echoing through the marble floors and long hallway, and Jimmy's grip tightened on me, as if I were going to squirm out of his grasp. Not like I could anyways.

"What was that?" I heard a voice, Zack's, call. Footsteps and footsteps until I heard him gasp, "What the hell!?" He yelled, "What the fuck did you do to her!?" Zack accused. Of course he did. This was Jimmy and Johnny we're talking about. They were practically banned from babysitting me when I was five. The same two idiots who broke my arm when I was four. They gave me a concussion when I was seven. Let's not forget the time I almost drowned on their watch when I was nine.

"Don't freak out, okay?" Johnny started. The obviously wasn't the best way to lead into a conversation when I'm in this state.

"Don't freak out!? You bring her here and she's acting all weird and shit and you're carrying her! Why isn't she at Matt's?" Zack asked and I could feel him looking at me, "Or why isn't she in the hospital!? Jesus Christ!" He breathed out.

"She'll be fine she's just a little... Under the influence," Jimmy said. I couldn't see Zack's face, and I didn't want to. He would either be pissed or disappointed, and I didn't want to see either.

"Put me down!" I protested and they made their way to the living room where I was put in the couch. I immedielty panicked. The cushions were so large I felt like they would eat me alive if I stayed there any longer, "No! The floor!" I yelled and Jimmy didn't argue. He simply picked me up and placed me like I was earlier in my own room.

I felt a hand in my hair and I knew it was Zack, "Jesus, what did she take?"

"Nothing too bad. She just smoked a pretty heavy dose of weed. Strong weed at that," Jimmy explained.

"I just want to go to sleep!" I cried, tears starting to prick at my eyes. At this rate it felt like it would be an eternity before I fell asleep. I just wanted the darkness to consume me. And if I could move I would have just put a bullet through my brain.

"She's going to be awake for a while. What she smoked doesn't make you sleepy. She just smoked so much she can't move," Jimmy continued and I groaned.

"So what do we tell Brian?" Johnny asked.

"We don't," Zack replied firmly, "We'll talk to her when she's sober. Believe me, she'll get it from me. But that's enough. She doesn't need Brian and Matt on her case again," Zack replied and Jimmy sighed. "Well Gena is spending the evening with her sister, so you guys are welcome to stay here with us. I'm probably going to need help with her anyways," Zack said.

"You need food. She's going to be getting extremely hungry soon, and she needs water. The sooner she flushes it out of her system, the sooner she'll be back."

I sniffled, my tears subsiding as I remembered what food I liked. I just wanted some really greasy pizza, or maybe Chinese food. Orange Chicken and pizza sounded like heaven right now, "Can we get pizza and Chinese?" I pouted. I looked up to Zack's hard green eyes and he immediately softened. Even in my delicate state of mind, I knew he couldn't resist the look. It worked every time.

Zack sighed, "Oh, you owe me big time, Kid."
♠ ♠ ♠
Will be updating again later today.