Status: in progress

Over You

06.

Natasha aimed the jet's guns at Loki and demanded that he stand down.

...He nearly knocked us out of the sky.

And matters down on the ground weren't looking too well. Captain America was getting his ass handed to him. At least he was keeping the scepter away from his chest. That was the most important thing, in Kassidee's mind, at least.

"This doesn't look good Tasha," Kassidee grumbled as Loki walked over to the Captain and placed his scepter on his head. "He's getting his ass kicked."

"He'll be fine," Natasha said, trying to reassure her. She didn't sound too sure herself, though.

The Captain placed his hand on the end of the scepter and quickly shoved it away, catching Loki off guard. Then, he spun around and jumped up and kicked Loki in the face.

"That guy's all over the place," Natasha commented a few seconds later.

"What's that?" Kassidee asked.

Quietly at first, AC/DC started playing in the jet, and then Tony Stark's voice came on over it.

"Agent Romanoff. You miss me?"

He took over the PA system and the music started blaring. The Captain and Loki both looked up, confused. Then, the Iron Man suit came flying into view, and directly towards Loki. Hands up, he blasted the god backwards and then landed. Loki hit the steps with a loud crunch.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games," Tony said, aiming multiple weapons at him. As he placed his hands up in surrender, a gold glow engulfed Loki and his armor disappeared.

"Good move."

~*~

"Tash, make it go faster," Kassidee complained as she slumped to the ground and stretched out. The older of the two girls just rolled her eyes at the younger one.

"Have you ever thought that maybe it's time to grow up, Agent Carter?" Tony asked, looking down at the girl on the floor.

"You're one to talk," she replied. Looking up at the man, she couldn't help but giggle. "You look funny without the helmet on."

Tony turned to Natasha and stared at her. "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D. is letting into their agency? We're doomed."

"You know exactly what she's capable of, Stark," Natasha said, refusing to look away from the sky ahead of them. Kassidee flipped Tony off as he turned around and faced her again. The older man just shook his head and chuckled at the girl.

The jet was awkwardly quiet for a few moments before Tony and Steve started talking about the fight with Loki. Kassidee sat up and looked at the god-man, who was smirking down at her, amused with her behavior.

Did you know that I can make your heart explode in your body just by staring into your eyes?

Loki didn't even blink when her voice broke into his thoughts.

Any why haven't you?

You're not all bad.

And what, please tell me, do you mean by that? I mean to rule your people. I mean to destroy you and your little team. Your precious Barton.

That's not you. Tell me, who is controlling the all-powerful Loki.

He glared at the girl. I am in my own control.

You'll need to convince yourself before you can convince me, sweetheart.

You'll have care how you speak to me, human girl.

Of the two of us, I do believe it's you who should be watching how they speak.

Kassidee raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. As she began to picture a hand wrapping around his heart, thunder started pounding all around them, lightning striking all around them. The hand released quickly.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asked.

Loki started glancing around nervously, peering up at the storm through the top of the jet. Steve looked at him, slightly amused.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?"

Loki looked at him and responded, "I'm not overly fond of what follows."

Tony and Steve looked to each other, confusion plastered on their faces.

"Someone's coming," Kassidee said. "From the sky."

Steve looked down at the girl, who was still sitting on the floor. "From the sky? How is that possible?"

Before she could answer, there was a loud thud from above them, and the whole jet shook. Steve and Tony scrambled to get their helmets on, and then Tony was lowering the door.

"What are you doing?" Steve called over the sudden rush of wind. Tony didn't have a chance to answer, because a big blond man dropped down on the ramp and strutted into the jet. Tony raised his hand up to attack but the man shoved a large hammer at him, and he was sent fly backwards into Steve. Then, he turned to Loki and grabbed him by the front of his shirt and easily pulled him free of his restraints and started back towards the door. Kassidee snapped out of her trance and pushed Steve's legs off her own and quickly jumped up from her spot. The blond man started swinging his hammer, and right before he jumped out of the jet, Kassidee lunged forward and wrapped her arms around the smaller, darker-haired of the two.

When they hit the ground, she bounced away from them, seemingly unnoticed, and then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was never meant to be long. So, I'm thinking maybe only a two or three more chapters?
What do you guys think about a sequel, or maybe even a prequel? I think you guys should read the ending before officially deciding, though.

ALSO, I feel like starting a Steve story before I accidentally start turning this into one. Would you guys read it?

By the way, sorry this is beyond crap. I felt like I was forcing myself to write, even though all it basically was was me watching The Avengers and writing what was happening. That shit's hard. There's only so many ways you can write something happening, and I know so many other people have written their stories to go along with the movie, so...
Anyway, yes, as promised, a Clint gif. :) I literally made it the day after I published the last chapter, just to make sure I'd have it.
Image
And here are some lovely gifsets I made these last few days. :)
x & x