It's not too Late, it's Never too Late...

It's not too late, it's never too late...

Angel looked around her. Every single locker in the girls' hall was painted pink, and pink heart-shaped notes were found to be everywhere. The vast majority of girls were dressed in pink or red clothes, and many of them held a red tulip in their hands already, and it was only the beginning of the day.
You idiots, she thought, the red tulip means that your love will last till the day you die. Ha. That's not going to happen. She knew they knew their relationships, which were based on kisses, weren't going to last. Most of those girls who were holding a red tulip were going to either dump or be dumped by their boyfriends anytime soon, she knew it very well.
A girl who was passing by took a look at her, and tried to suppress her giggles. "Why are you wearing black?"
Angel raised a pierced eyebrow as she looked at the way too happy, yet fake girl. "Why wouldn't I?"
The girl started laughing. "Because it's Valentine's Day!"
"I am already aware of that. Stay at least ten feet away from me or I will punch you on the face next time you dare to talk to me."
The girl backed off, and, after a few seconds, she was out of Angel's sight, probably scared of her.
Angel looked down at her black combat boots. Unlike all those girls, she was wearing black clothes, and looked as if she was going to attend a funeral. She couldn't care less, though. It was Valentine's Day. So what? She was going to get through the rest of her classes, hoping that this day, which she hated the most, would end soon.
And her crush was probably going to ask some random girl out...
Someone smacked her head. She turned around, only to see a tall, dark haired boy, who was running away. She placed a hand on her long, black, teased hair and fixed her side fringe, wondering why some random stranger would smack her on the head. Her hand caught something.
Of course, it was a paper. Angel sighed. Some random boy would ask her out and then tell her it was all a joke. A sick, cruel joke. She decided that even though some random man whore had probably written it, it was worth reading. Why? No. She didn't know the reason why...that letter was going to be different from the others...she just knew it.
On recognizing the familiar handwriting, she smiled and looked around her to see if he was there. Her eye didn't catch any tallish, black haired boy dressed in ripped skinny jeans and a band T-shirt. She didn't see any skinny kid walking away.
She didn't see her crush. But she knew it was him.
She sighed, wondering why he would write her a letter, especially on this day, as she starting reading it. Immediately, she smiled. Just the sight of his neat handwriting brought a massive smile on her face and a fierce blush on her cheeks.
"I know that you probably don't know me, and I sure as hell am not going to introduce myself."
She laughed. What a way to make a first impression. The thing was that he had already made a good, a really good impression. Angel went on reading the letter. No, she wouldn't call it a love letter. Angel wasn't in love, and she wasn't loved.
"I wish that I could just walk up to you and tell you how I feel. Well...not everyone has the guts to do it, right? So...um...yeah, I decided to write this probably shitty letter, which you could call a love letter, if you would like to, even though I know you won't, and...okay, I will stop talking about random, stupid things that probably bore you. It's about time I finally told you how I feel."
The smile on her face became even wider, if possible. Her heart started beating so fiercely that she was under the impression it was going to jump out of her body.
"I don't know if I would call it love...and I know that you wouldn't call it love either...but, well, I like you. I just do, although I am absolutely aware of the fact that you would never turn around to look at me, let alone talk to me or develop feelings for me. The truth hurts, huh? Yeah...it does hurt an awful lot. I wish you liked me as well...I have been feeling like this since...let's say since grade eight....okay, seven. It's all the same to me. My point is, I can't get over you. Believe me, I have tried so hard to. I had tried, because I believed that you were just another girl I would forget in a couple of months. You turned out to be so much more than that, you know. I stopped trying to get over you, just because I don't want to. I am still forcing myself in believing that someday I will be the one you are going to fall in love with, even though I know that the chance of you and me being together doesn't even exist. It hurts, right? I know that you are going to throw the letter in the trash bin, where it belongs. Please do it. But please, if you think that I am worthy of your attention, which I probably don't deserve in the least, meet me at the lunch area. Yeah, I am the one who always sits alone, so I think that finding me will be more than easy.. I think it's too late, though. You never liked me anyways. But I need to say thank you for reading this."
Angel shook her head. She wasn't going to throw that tragic version of a love letter in the trash bin. It just didn't belong there. It wasn't the best letter, but it wasn't bad either. The fact that the guy she had been crushing on for nearly two years wrote her something similar to a (unsuccessful) love letter was enough to make her smile for the rest of the month.
Where was the table on which he was sitting anyways?
She smiled as she reread the letter, just to make sure that this was really happening. She smiled even more. This wasn't a lie, or a joke. This was real. She tucked the letter in her jeans pocket, and started making her way towards the lunch area.
There he was, sitting alone, as he always did. This time, he wasn't drawing or writing lyrics and poems in his blood red notebook, like he would do. He was just looking down at the dirty, boring floor, unable to stop making eye contact with it.
"It's not too late, it's never too late," she smiled at him, repeating some lyrics from one of her favourite songs. It was true, though. It wasn't too late.
He looked up, not bothering to fix his messy hair. His surprised expression changed into a smiling one. "Do you really think so?"
Angel nodded as she looked at the empty seat next to him, wondering whether or not to sit next to him. "I would never imagine that this would happen to me."
He didn't answer. He almost fell off his chair while trying to get something out of his black bag. "Oh no, I can't have lost it!" he whined as he went on looking through his bag. As he was about to get something out, he fell off the chair he was sitting on and down on the cold, hard floor. "Here it is!" he announced as he held up a chocolate. "That's for you." He could feel himself blushing as she looked at him. Her smile became even wider, if possible.
Angel looked down at the floor as she blushed. "You shouldn't have done that for me, you know..." she started, but trailed off, being at a loss of words.
"I would have bought you a flower," he started as she helped him stand up, "but...well, just look at all those idiots. They bought red tulips for their girlfriends. When you give that flower to someone, it means that your love will last. But...theirs won't last." He shrugged. "I wouldn't even call it love."
Angel's smile faded as she realized something. "I only know that your name starts with an A, yet I've been crushing on you for the past two years..." she admitted and breathed a sigh of relief. She had finally done what she wanted to do the most. She finally talked to him and let him know how she really felt. It felt so good. She wouldn't have to look away for fear of being caught. She wouldn't have to try and get over him or daydream of him telling her that he liked her. Not anymore.
"I didn't even know that you had actually noticed me back on grade eight," she smiled as they started making their way back home.
He shrugged and smiled as he looked at her. "I actually did. How couldn't I notice you? Plus, you wearing the same band T-shirt as me!" he laughed, trying not to feel so uneasy. He smiled. This feeling was wonderful. He had finally told her how much he liked her, even if that meant giving her a crappy love letter...or whatever she called it.
"I don't even remember..." she said, still smiling at him. "I never meant anything to anyone..."
"You did." he argued. "You just were unaware of it...because I was too much of a coward to talk to you."
"Your letter was worth reading," Angel told him. She looked down at his hand. Without thinking, she held his hand in hers, and smiled at how perfectly they fit together.
"Even though I had never talked to you before, you were and still are important to me."
She looked into his bright blue eyes. "How can that happen?" She smiled. He was important to her, yet she hadn't talked to him till today. It just happened. Love just happened. And it was obvious that falling for someone could be really hard.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
After his words and the kiss that followed, Angel was still at a loss of words. She didn't mind, though. She only knew one thing: Slowly, but gradually, she was falling in love. And falling in love was the best thing that could ever happen to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it wasn't that good, but for some reason, I wanted to write it and post it here on Mibba.
Dedicated to my best friend Helena (also known as ParaJoy). Helena, I just want you to read this, and cheer you up if I can, since getting grades at Valentine's Day is something I wouldn't like if it happened to me. Love you <3