Status: Irregular updates

Chosen Family

Questions Everywhere

It's been two weeks since the whole fight and dad still watches Stiles and I carefully, always asking what we are doing and keeping an eye on us. It was a little annoying at first, but I understood why he was doing it. It kinda takes a while to get use to the idea of werewolves and the dangers that come with being in a pack; he's kind of now part of it now. Mrs. McCall has come over quite a few times to talk with him and we patiently answer most of his questions.
It's a week before prom and I was chilling in the library with my feet propped up on the table. I'd finished my homework a while ago, so I was leaning my head back and listening to Rise Against. I heard and smelt someone approach me, but made no movement. As soon as the person approached, I asked, "Yes?"
"How'd you know it was me?" Ryder's voice greeted me with a chuckled.
I opened an eye and smiled, "Magic."
"Of course, forgot you were a witch." He teased and sat next to me. "Found anyone to go to prom with?"
"Nope, I don't need a man to have a good time." I grinned.
"Course not, I'd be surprised if you did."
"What about you? Going with any special person?"
He shook his head, "No, going stag."
"Welcome to the club." I switched off my mp3 player and swung my feet off the table. "Why don't you ask Danny? Seriously I'm pretty sure he's be excited."
"I don't know..." He looked down.
"Come on, you're an awesome guy, sweet, and fun to hang out with. It's his loss if he says no. And if he does, you still have we and all your friends to hang out with."
"I know." He whined. "But..."
"Your parents still don't know?" I asked with a raised brow.
"No. I've told my friends, but telling my parents..." He shook his head
"Well, it's up to you. I don't want to force you, but better to tell them sooner than later. I've learned it's a lot better to tell your parents something than have them find out."
"Yeah I know." He dropped his head onto the table.
"I can be there if you want when you tell them." I offered as I ruffled his hair.
"Thanks." He smiled as he looked up. "But it's something I want to do on my own, although I may call you after to see if I can hide at your house." He grinned only half joking.
I smiled, "Just call and you can come or I'll even pick you up."
"Thanks Zak, you're the best." I could see the sparkle in his eyes.
"What can I say." The bell rang and we headed to our next class.
I met up with my pack, yes now officially my pack, to talk about what we were going to do tonight. "Hey, just a heads up Ryder might come over tonight." I said as I leaned on a locker.
"Any reason why?" Erica asked with a grin.
I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, cuz we're friends. So what do we wana do?"
"Scary Movies!" Scott yelled as he raised his hand.
"I second that!" Stiles flailed.
"Everyone agree?" I asked and mostly everyone either said yes or they didn't care. Everyone planned to meet at our house for 6 and Stiles, Scott, Allison, and I were going to pick out the movies while everyone else were going to bring food and drinks.
Half way through Cabin in the Woods, when my phone vibrated in my pocket. "I'll be back." I accepted the call and greeted Ryder, "Hello, what's up?"
"So I told my parents..."
"Aaaand?"
"Well my dad took it well, my mom kinda freaked. Do you mind picking me up? My car's dead and I think I need to give my mom some space for a bit."
"Yeah, I'll be there in about ten."
"Thanks Zak."
"No problem, Ryder. See you soon."
"Kay, later." We hung up and I grabbed my keys.
As I walked through the living room I said, "I'll be back, going to pick up Ryder." I heard 'oooo's' as I walked out the door and rolled my eyes. In fifteen minutes I made it to his house and found him sitting on his car. As he entered the passenger side, I raised a brow, "Couldn't you have like hid inside or something?"
He shrugged, "I didn't feel like being in there with mom freaking."
"Okay understandable, I feel that way often." We drove back to the house, talking all the way. "We have junk food and drinks, so have at it. We are watching scary movies."
"Sounds fun. You sure it's okay I crash?"
I snorted, "I'd be offended if you didn't. Let's go." We walked in and everyone turned to look. "Everyone Ryder, Ryder everyone."
Ryder rolled his eyes, "I do know them, Zak."
"You've met them before?" I gasped and everyone shook their heads.
"Come on and sit, it's getting good." Isaac called and turned back to the film. We nodded and took our seats. I sat in the middle of the couch next to Danny, while Ryder sat next to me on the end. At some point my mother came home and was gleeful to find everyone over, especially Ryder. She sat on the arm and smiled at him.
"So you are Ryder, Zak's talked about you a few times." Her musical voice making Ryder, and in turn everyone, look at her.
"She has?" He asked, not knowing what to say.
"Oh yes, you are the one who took her out on a date a few times right?"
"Kaleen." I warned, but she didn't pay any attention.
"Ah, um yes ma'am." He stumbled.
Kaleen laughed, "Oh please call me Kally." She offered her hand and he took it unsure. "Are you going to ask her to the prom?"
"Kaleen!" I yelled, "That's none of your business."
"Oh please, prom is only a week away. If he's going to ask you, he should hurry before someone else asks you." She turned her eyes to him, "So are you?"
"Ah, um." Everyone was staring at him except me.
"You don't have to answer." I said with my face in my hands.
"It's not that hard to answer, he either is or isn't." My mother pouted.
"I don't care, it's rude." I snapped, keeping my head down just in case my eyes flashed.
"It is not. Who wouldn't want to take you to prom?"
"The entire senior class?" I didn't say it bitterly, it was a fact. "Leave him alone."
"Let him speak for himself." I could feel my mother's annoyance. "So my dear, are you going to ask my lovely daughter?" I wanted to hurl.
"I'm sorry, I like Zak a lot but I don't think I'm going to ask her to prom." He replied
"May I ask why?"
"Well, um..." I could feel his uncertainty.
I tried to come to his rescue, "He just isn't, leave it."
"No it's okay Zak." He looked at my mother and replied, "Because she isn't my type, I like guys."
Kaleen's face was priceless as she let his words register. Everyone else's face ranged from unsure how to react to surprised.
"Oh well, ah um..." Kaleen stumbled over her words.
"Yeah, don't you have something else to do? That isn't here?" I glared at her.
"Right, well you guys have fun." She scurried off and disappeared within seconds.
I shook my head. "What movie do you want to watch next? The Exorcist or Texas Chainsaw Murder?"
Everyone looked around and then Danny replied, "Texas Chainsaw Murder." Everyone was shaken out of their surprise and the movie marathon continued. Ryder gave me a soft smile before focusing on the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excellent movie if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=77800364 -outfit