Status: Besties writing together

Pitch Black

Ashling Canavan

Love. It’s a powerful thing. It’s that one thing that keeps someone by a person’s side in their time of need. It’s something that makes you do the craziest things at the craziest times. It was the reason my sister hugged Harry ferociously after he tumbled out a window with a vampire attacking him. It was the reason we all couldn’t sleep as we prayed that my antidote worked.

I ran a hand through my hair, staring at the ground. It had been a day since I gave the El the vaccine and she showed no signs of becoming normal. Louis stayed by her side constantly; he was completely torn up about it all. I’m not sure how I would react if I were in his position. If Niall was the one who had been bit. There is no way that I would be able to keep myself together while watching the one I loved slowly pass.

I hide inside the room that I shared with Niall for the majority of the pass 72 hours; I couldn’t bring myself to look at El. She was just so pail and he beautiful hair was becoming so dull that it made me sick to my stomach. Niall sat in the room with me for the most part, only leaving when he was starving. Sam had shifted into sleeping in Andy’s room until El was better, if she gets better.

My eyes burned from the fresh tears that had flowed from them this morning. I knew none of this was my fault but I blamed myself. I wasn’t the only that kept to their room. Harry stayed locked up for the most part, not wanting to see anyone. As much as everyone tried to prove me otherwise, I was almost positive that he was plotting on the different ways he could kill me. The door creaked open as Niall walked back into the room.

“Everyone wants to know when you’re going to come back out.” His voice was so sweet, and comforting. I whipped my tears away from my eyes. He sat next to me pulling me in close to his chest. He placed a kiss on my forehead, and he rubbed my back gently. My breathing was uneven because unlike everyone else I had been sobbing the entire time.

“This wasn’t what was supposed to happen.” I whimpered into his chest. My eyes burned as if they were going to let loose a flood of tears but I just didn’t have any left in me. “I was supposed to be the one that’s laying there lifeless. It’s supposed to be me that is clinging onto to life, hoping that my chemistry was right. I’m supposed to be the one that has to endure the suffering and pain that comes along with being changed. Not El.”

I stood up and walked towards the door I needed to go outside. I had no clue what time it really was so for all I knew it could still be dark actually and not even close to morning. Everyone tried to talk to me besides Blake, knowing that when I was like this it was best just to steer clear. I glanced at the clock relieved it was actually daytime.

I picked up the Glock and two clips off of the table where Blake and Zayn were cleaning and oiling earlier and made my way towards the door. I was thankful that Harry wasn’t in the room because he most likely would have killed my on the spot. Perrie stepped in front of me just as I was reaching for the door. And placed a hand of my shoulder as if it was a warning.

“You know I can’t let you out there Ash.” My jaw set in place as I began to be overcome with anger. I pushed her hand off of my shoulder just hard enough that she was get the point. Her eyes slit into a glare but she put her hands up in defeat and let me by.

Once out of the building I pulled off my jacket revealing my tank top. I shut my eyes and let the sun warm me up and then began to walk away from the building a little bit. I lined up twelve bottles in a row and put in the first clip. The first shot was a miss inevitably because it had been such a long time since I shot a gun. I took a deep breath and let off 6 rounds taking out 5 of the bottles.

I cursed at myself at the sloppiness. That one bullet that missed could have counted the most. I let off the rest of the clip, taking out four more of the bottles. I pulled out the empty clip and reached for the second one. I stopped moving the second I heard footsteps coming from behind the trees.

Four vampires in blackout suits walked from out of the trees. My breath caught in my throat and my hands began to shake. Three were men and it was obvious that the woman was their leader. I quickly placed the fresh clip in the Glock and loaded the chamber. They slowly began to spread out, attempting to surround me but I quickly ran backwards. The woman lifted her protective screen away from her face and smiled at me. I quickly recognized her from the details of the raid, seeing the huge scar run up her face. There was something else about the woman that made me get lost in thought.

I was quickly pulled out of my daydream as the first Vampire ran at me. I pulled my gun up the left and caught him straight between the eyes. He fell to the ground lifeless, making the other men hiss and in open rage attempt to attack me.

“Don’t you idiots! It too soon!” The woman yelled as the men ran at me. I mange to take one out with a bullet but the other was too close and ripped the gun out of my hand as I became distracted by her voice. I grunt escaped my mouth as I fell to the ground. He was on top of me before I was able to get up. I scratched and clawed at him but the material was too thick. Desperately I reached for his helmet, trying to do anything to help myself.

His grip on my neck began to tighten just as I found the latch holding on his helmet. As soon as the sun touched his pale skin he let go of my neck, and began to scream. Unlike every other vampire that I had seen exposed to sun, he ran around, hissing and screaming rather than combusting. The woman quickly placed a helmet on his head and began to lead him back towards the trees. I let off the rest of my rounds but was unable to hit either of them. Just as fast as they were there, they were gone.

Exhaustion took over my body and I fell to my knees, panting and touching my neck. I felt as if he was still here holding my air passages shut. It took a few minutes but I was able to regain my breath and make my way towards the sanctuary. I was able to stay on my feet until I was at the end of the hallway and able to be heard. I collapsed to the ground completely out of energy.

Blake was the first one to reach me screaming cuss words and asking what had happened and why Perrie had let me out alone. I was so drained that I was unable to make words. Next was Liam, caressing my head and wiping blood out of my eyes. I hadn’t even realized that my head was cut. Everyone began to me, making it even harder to breathe. Niall was sobbing into my stomach telling me to survive, Blake was yelling at Perrie whom Zayn was defending to Louis who was defending Blake’s point. Andy and Sam were both sobbing like two year olds and harry was standing over us shaking his head at all the chaos.

“Give her some fucking space!” Danielle screamed at the top of her lungs. “She’s sleep deprived and clearly had a run in with vampires. Give her some room to breathe.” If I had had the strength I would have hugged her for being sensible. It took a few minutes but I was finally able to move and speak.

“It was my fault.“ I breathed out finally. Blake glared at me and walked away. Niall and Liam helped me over to the couch. “I went out to let off steam and the attacked me. No one else is responsible. Just me.”

“What the fuck, were you thinking?” Blake screeched at me. “You could have been killed. You could have led them too us. You could have killed all of us. Is not bad enough that one of us is laying her deathbed? Did you think that you had to run off and get bit, no even worst kidnapped and tortured as well?” She was pacing in front of me hands being thrown in ever direction. “Do you understand what that would have done to me if you had been killed Ashling? I can’t handle losing you too!”

She walked out of the room leaving us all speechless. I was overcome with guilt, and depression. I really hadn’t thought of the consequences of going out there, making it even worst that I went alone. I could have easily killed everyone and made us all bodies for harvesting. Everyone would have been lost, and it would have been my entire fault. I just stared at the floor, not knowing what to say. What to do. I was an empty shell, completely gone on the inside.

And just like that, everything went black. Pitch Black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ash is so stupid sometimes it makes me wonder if she's really a genius. Up next is Noelle. Maybe she'll tell us more about the Scar Faced Lady.