Status: Besties writing together

Pitch Black

Third Person

Ashling shifted back and forth on her feet as she stared into the dark night. She hated being separated from everyone like they were. Her Glock was in her hand at the ready as she Niall and Liam waited for the right time. The night air was cold, making her body cramp up a little. Something about this entire mission seemed suicidal, but no one in the group could come up with anything better. Liam rested his hand on her shoulder for comfort as she glanced at her clock for the fifth time. Ten
more minutes before they had to head towards the city. All Ashling wanted was to get her sister back. That's all that mattered to her. Get in there, get Sam, and get out with everyone alive.

Niall leaned up against a tree watching Ash with worrisome eyes. His eyes stated that he was hiding something from her but she had no intentions of trying to pry it out of him right now. Slowly he walked up to her and placed a single, gentle kiss on her lips. Something about it was uneasy but she could still feel the passion. She wanted nothing more than to know that in a few hours they would be able to cuddle up and everything would be all right. But something kept telling her it wasn't.

Ash could feel the tears forming at the brim of her eyes but they weren't tears of fear. These tears were fueled by hatred and deception from their mother. Their mother would never be able to fix the amount of pain that she caused Ashling and Blakely. There was too much damage caused by having to grow up so quickly, to take care of Sam. And now their mother ripped what was left of their stable family out from under them.

Liam chirping in brought Ashling back to reality. "It's time to start this guys." His voice was shaky and there was no doubt in Ash's head that all he could think about right now was Danielle. Making the groups was hard. No one wanted to be separated from their significant others but Harry, Niall and Zayn won over Louis and Liam. The groups were broken into, Harry, Blake and Louie, Niall Ashling and Liam, Zayn, Perrie and Danielle, and El and Andy.

The thought of Andy made Ash's heart ached even more. He had enough problems, and now we were thrusting him into the middle of the vampire layer. And poor sweet El. We had been very close to losing her once already; I don't think she could handle it again.

Ash breathed in and out slowly, before taking the first step. She could hear Niall and Liam close behind her, crunching leaves and sticks with there every step. She rolled her eyes at how loud they were being. It was clear they had never had to hunt their food. Yes of course they had dietary supplements for when things got rough, but if they were able to hunt for meat, they did.

Ashling stopped on a dime as she heard something to her left. Her entire body shifted to the direction of the sound, boys mimicking her stance. A gust of wind sent shivers down her spine, making her feel uneasy. She was unable to see into the dark trees making her stiff up. She contemplated using a flashlight but the consequence of possibly giving away their position if no one was there was too great. After a couple more seconds Ash decided it was nothing and started back towards the city.

They were almost to their destination before all hell broke loose.

Two Vampires attacked them from the side, knocking down Liam. Ashling quickly put a bullet in his head. Niall stared at her shocked for a split second but quickly regained composure as the other vampire lunged at him. This made her nervous but she quickly took off in the direction of the alarm, pushing her legs to go faster as a vampire began to gain on her. She was within 20 feet but her legs were pulled out from under her, sending her into a tumble on the ground.

The vamp was on top of her trying to restrain her, while phoning in for back up. The Glock had skid about ten feet away from her. She did everything in her power to try and break the vampires iron grip but it was no use. The genetic enhancement of this ones muscle was too intense. She looked to the left and right; Liam was on the ground unconscious. His limp body made Ashling's stomach churn. A new fire erupted inside Ashling, making her bring her thrust her knee into the vampire’s stomach. It winded him just long enough for Niall to tackle him off of her.

Retrieving her gun, she made her way to the alarm system. Pulling the panel open and assortment of switches and buttons illuminated. Ash squinted her eyes shut, pushing her brain to remember what to press.

"Ashling!" Niall screamed. She turned to see Niall falling to his knees, and a vampire standing over him satisfied.

Turning on her heels she began to make her way towards Niall. She easily took down to vampires but the entire area began to fill with the blood sucking scum. She felt a sharp pinch in the back of her neck, and slowly she began to grow tired. She fell to her knees and then to her hands. Her arms began to give out and she let herself slide to on her stomach.

She stared at Niall whom was now unconscious, and prayed that everything would end up being ok. The anesthetic spread through out her body until she could no longer keep her eyes open. Once again everything was pitch black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So terribly sorry that this took so long! My summer has been crazy busy. Hope you like!