Status: Besties writing together

Pitch Black

Niall Horan

I stared at the door, wondering when she was going to get up. She went to bed last night with such a horrible look that it gave me nightmares. I can’t quite comprehend why I have grown so fond of Ash but I have. Against my better judgment I made a b-line for the door.

“Leave her alone.” Blakely barked at me. I hated her condescending tone that she uses when speaking to me. It was as if she thought she was so much better than all of us. Her messy hair made it so I couldn’t see her face. “Ash will come around when she wants too. She has her own way of dealing with things so don’t interrupt that.”

I had no idea what she had against me but it was obvious that she didn’t particularly like my fondness for her sister. “Don’t you think you should be consoling her? She’s upset!” Rage filled my body so quickly, which confused me.

Blake stopped working on the knife she was cleaning, folded her hands and looked at me with an amused, but agitated face. “Sure, please tell me how I should go about treating my sister. After all, you’ve known her for an entire 48 hours. What’s that too a lifetime?” Her voice with thick with sarcasm; before I could reply Harry cut in.

“She’s got you there, mate,” Harry said getting water from the faucet. “Who cares anyways? Let her mope.”

This made Blake even angrier, and she spit back her own snide remark. I paid no mind to their banter

“Wouldn’t be talking about me, would you?” her soft voice filled my ears like music. Her red hair was braided back out of her perfect face, and her hands freshly bandaged. If there was a god still, he sent me angel to take care of.

“No-“ I began but Blakely quickly cut me off.

“Yes,” she was so rude sometimes that it made me want to vomit. Suddenly she began walking towards Ash, “we were. Are you feeling better?” gently Blake inspected Ash’s hands.

“I think it may be fractured.” I could see the pain in her eyes as she attempted to move her hand. I wanted to help her but at this point there wasn’t anything I could do for her.

“Well, stop trying to take out the walls then, huh? Or at least shoot it, not punch it.” I smile spread across Ash’s face as her sister messed with her.

“Alright, well Ash, you can do something easy cause your hand.” I smiled at here, knowing that she felt helpless with her hand being messed up. “You, Sam and I can do laundry together today. How about it?” I could hear Harry instructing Blakely that she was watching perimeters with him, and the bantered about it for a few minutes but she finally gave in.

Sam helped me carry all of the baskets out into the living room, and we all began to sort everything into different piles. Once everything was sorted we began the first load. Louis, and Zayn were talking strategy, incase some freak accident happened and vamps got inside. Pierre was drawing in her sketchbook at the table, deep in thought. I hoped that Andy was sleeping and I’m sure we all assumed Liam and Danielle were still in bed.

After a few minutes, Sam got bored and began to explore the area, leaving Ash and I all to our selves. She stared at her hands, as if some miracle would magically make them all better. “We all get that way sometimes.” I blurted out, not even registering my thoughts. She looked at me, but quickly diverted her eyes to something else.

“So if you guys have energy, does that mean we can charge things?” I turned to see Sam with an iPod and a charging cord.

“Yup and I can charge that for you if you sing for me.” I saw as Aishling’s eyes got wide and she laughed. I stared at her confused.

“I can do that!” she handed me the iPod and I plugged the iTouch into our sound system. A song came on and I quickly knew why Ash laughed. It was very clear by the squealing coming from Sam’s mouth that she was not blessed with the singing gene. Sam and I danced around the room, singing along to every song we knew. It had been such a long time since we had played music down here that even Zayn, and Perrie joined in. Louis took it into his own hands to wake Liam and Danielle who had been sleeping all days.

After what seemed like a life time of dancing the music died down. Remembering Sunday by All Time Low came on, I heard the song once or twice because Perrie loved them but I never really got into it. When the vocals came on, I heard Blake begin to sing. I hadn’t even noticed the she and Harry were back. Suddenly Ash began to sing along to the higher harmony. Their voices melted together making such a sweet sound.

When the song came to the end the look they both held was one of pure happiness. “Well who would have known the two birds have pipes.” Harry said sarcastically.

“You’d be amazed.” Louis cut in. “Back when there was still power, I couldn’t ever get them to shut up.” Blake cast him a glare making Ash laugh. Suddenly Blakely took off after Louis, trying to attack him. Finally she caught him and began to tickle him everyone laughed and joke about it for a solid twenty minutes. At that very moment everything seemed to fit in place, as if everything that was happening outside wasn’t really happening.

Everyone took turns singing to songs, telling stories and talking about their lives before the apocalypse. I found out that Blake never really knew what she wanted to do in life but sing. She had taken many lessons to work on her voice, learning ways to make herself better. Sam, she missed out. She was so young that she never even really got to attend school. Ashling teaches her simple things but she wished she could have been able to attend a real school.

Ashling wasn’t keen on opening up to us but Blake pushed her into it. She explained how even at a young age she excelled in school, which made her a target for people to pick on. Yeah she had Blake to watch out for her but when Ash began to skip grades Blake couldn’t always help her. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her; even in such hard times people were still judgmental. It made me sick.

My life wasn’t anything special. I was born in Ireland, moved to England when I turned eighteen; nothing special about that. Before I knew what was happening, a blood-curdling scream came from the hallway. Everyone seemed to take off at the same time, running in the direction of Andy’s room. The door was wide open and El was covered in blood. Andy was shaking underneath his blanket, and a vampire was on the ground.

We weren’t sure of what happened but what ever it was, El killed the vamp. She was in complete shock. She was always the one in the back round that stood there awkwardly with the gun not wanting to kill anything.

“Zayn dispose of the body before more rouge show up. Perrie check the cameras to see which light is out. Louis grabbed El and helped her to the bathroom to clean up. Sam hid in Blake’s side and Ash was sitting on the bed rubbing Andy’s back. He was really shook up, but you couldn’t blame him He and his sister just almost died.

We were all shook up for the rest of the night. I ended up staying in the room with Ash and Sam, so Ash and I could take turns being guarding. Truthfully I don’t think anyone slept that night. I sat against the wall, eyes fixed on the door. Ashling curled up to my side and Sam tucked safely in her arms. Her even breathing made me relax but I was still on edge. To be honest I didn’t switch with her at all that night. We’d stayed in the same position all night. Would have thought she was asleep except every once in a while she would nudge me to make sure I was still awake.

I never really thought about sleeping with Ash but I would have never expected it to be like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit more Vampires!

Noelle is next.