Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Kiss Me

The little tap on the door made Gemma jump,every muscle in her bunched with fear. It had to be Dan. 'Babe' Dan said from the other side of the bedroom door.
'What do you want?' She asked,her voice shaken.
'Can I come in?'
'No'
But of course the door was open. Dan leaned in the doorway. He saw how she looked,pale and teary-eyed and worried.
Compulsively she touched her face,looked down at her hands. Still pale.
One of his dark eyebrows rose,and he came in closing the door behind him. 'Whats going on?' He asked already knowing the answer.
'What do you think?' She sniffed,pulling her knees to her chest.
Dan waited for a moment,then sat next to her on the bed and put his arm gently across her shoulders. She was huddled up,feeling miserable and more sacred than she had been,in a while that is.
'You'll be okay' He comforted.
'How do you know' She sniffed again.
'Because I know everything,babe' He kissed her head. She was to upset to smile.
'Look' He said 'Whatever happens,we'll deal with it,we always have before,I promise'
She swallowed. They shared looks.
'Its not Austin' She mumbled into her knees
'Then what is it?' He questioned
'I'm sorry' She blurted out. He raised his eyebrows again.
'What' He laughed unsure of why she apologised.
'Its nothing' She shrugged getting off the bed. Dan caught her arm.
'Tell me' He said standing up
'You don't wanna know my problems' She replied looking to the floor avoiding eye contact.
'Why would you say that?' He asked lifting her chin trying to gain eye contact with her.
'Josh said that we shouldn't let problems stop our relationship-'
She was cut off. Dan began to laugh pulling her into a hug.
'Never listen to Josh' He whispered
Dan took ahold of her shoulders and sat the both of them down onto the bed. He traced her jaw before taking her hand.
'I always want to know your problems,just let me listen' He said
'But he did say something useful' She admitted
'What?' He asked edging closer.
'That the past is the past I shouldn't let it ruin my future,our future' She smiled shedding her last tear.
He smiled.
'Gem' Dan said looking into her eyes
'Yeah?'
'I love you,and the fact you want us to share a future together is so sweet' He smiled stroking her face.
'Da-'
'Just kiss me'
'Wha-'
'Kiss me'
They kissed. Deep and passionate. His tongue slipped into her mouth,caressing hers. She opened her mouth more wanting to taste more and more of him. The both pulled out at the exact same moment.
'I love you,so much' Dan begun 'I don't say it enough but I do'
'I love you too and you do say it'
'I feel that I only say it before,after or during sex' He admitted
'Well then let's not have sex' She suggested 'Just sit here watch tv together and go to sleep'
'I like that idea' He grinned

They did exactly that. They lay within each others embrace under the comfort of the covers,watching tv together only saying 'I love you's' to each other to break the silence.