Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Silence

She shuffled her way out of the bedroom into the corridor.
In the creamy corridor there where pictures of him and his bandmates.
She heard voices from behind the white door at the end of the corridor. She made her way to the door and grabbed the door handle.
She poked her head through the door she saw four guys sat with Dan.
'Oh here she is' He informed the other four guys.
Dan walked over to her,he reached out for her from behind the door. She felt out of place. She took his hand and he led her into the living room.
The four guys where all sat on black leather sofas their feets where all rested on a coffee table.
He led her to one of the sofas where a man with brown scruffed up hair with stuble on his face was also sat.
They both sat down next to the brown haired man.
She was shaking and Dan sensed that so threw his arm around her.
The four guys all turned there heads to face the two of them. The brown haired man raised his eyebrow.
'I'm Josh' The brown haired man said 'Thats Matt' He informed pointing to a black haired man 'That small one is Max' that was the brown haired one 'And that is Chewy well Chris' He said pointing at the long haired man.
'I hope you are okay?' Max asked
'As good as can be' She mumbled. She wanted to be civil and not rude. Even though it was clear she felt out of place they went along with it.
'Where in London are you from?' Matt asked
'Brixton' She replied. Their eyes burst open with their jaws dropping open.
'B-B-Brixton' Chris stumbled
'Yeah..,what's wrong with it' She asked
'Ohh nothing,nothing' Josh replied
'Let me guess,posh Surrey boys you wouldn't last a night out in Brixton' She stated
'We have' Max informed her
'Staying near the Brixton O2 doesn't count' She replied 'Thats the coward way'
'Oh so you know who we are then' Josh asked
'Your a British rock band or as I know you as Dan's friends' Although her tone was sarcastic the guys took it that she was easing up and it wasn't so tense.

After a few hours of sarcastic banter between them all Josh invited Dan and Gemma to dinner but Dan declined on behalf of them stating that she needed to get her things and get to know him better.
Dan drove to Brixton and Gemma stayed silent the entire way there.
They reached her flat. Dan was in awe of the place.
They stepped out of the car. Dan's jaw dropped his head turned from side to side at the dumped streets.

Gemma walked up a broken path to a ruined building she pressed a buzzer which was clearly broken. She entered the building.
'Dan!' She yelled and Dan's head turned to the building. He ran up to the door and followed her up three flights of stairs up to a door with a knife cut through it.
She brushed her hand on the cut and pushed her shoulder into the door which then opened. They entered.
It had been painted White but it had black stains growing up the wall and water dripping from the roof.
'How could you live here' He mubled to himself looking around
'I don't know,I just manage it' She mumbled
Dan just stood there watching her move around the flat like nothing was wrong.There was barely anything in the flat there was a wooden table a mini fridge and a wardrobe that was clearly broken was placed next to the bed.
She stood in front of him.She had a backpack in her hand.
'Done' She informed Dan.
'Thats it'?' He questioned
'All I have' She mumbled going for the door 'I can tell you don't like it here,neither do I really a lot of bad memories in this place' She added moving out into the corridor.
'I can tell' He muttered brushing his hand on the knife cut of the door.

On the car ride home there was a fair bit of traffic so they where stuck in an awkward silence for a while.Dan's hand was tapping on the steering wheel whilst Gemma was staring out at other cars.
'Wanna talk?' Dan asked
'About?' She questioned turning her head to face him.
'Can I be honest'
'I guess' She mumbled
'Are you sure about moving in,given that I'm....you know'
'A stranger,well I'm sure many teenage girls would love to share an apartment with you' She stated. He laughed.
'They would all rather stay with Josh' He admitted
'I doubt that' She began 'Look although its strange you are the first person who has ever cared about because since I got Huntingtons everyone kind of just fucked off really' She shrugged
'Huntingtons?' He asked
'The mental illness' She answered
'What does it..umm'
Do,well It makes me shakey but the most important thing is that it changes my emotions,I react differently to most things because my brain can't process how to feel,in a way,its strange' She informed Dan.

The silence fell once more.

'So whats your story then?' Dan asked breaking the silence again.
'Huh,its not that interesting' She stated
'Tell me....please' He begged
'Okay but first whats yours' She said raising her eyebrow.
'Well my band is my life but just so you know my dad passed away from cancer a while back but I don't like to talk about it' He sighed
'I lost my dad' She admitted
'Really? How?' He questioned
'Suicide,I was 14 I watched him die,He always said 'He would rather kill himself than die at the hands of HD' his words all the time' She admitted then her gaze once more fell to outside the car.

Dan's jaw dropped.He stared at her for a few seconds before she noticed.
She turned her head to face him.
'Its not the worst thing I have seen in my 19 years' She indicated to Dan

He had no idea.
Well he knew she was damaged but...
He hated to imagine what else she had seen

Of course he could only imagine.....