Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Stabilise

A day later Gemma was still in hospital and was just being watched by the doctor and nurse staff to make sure she was 100% clear before they allowed her to leave.
Dan hadn't dared to look at his phone since he posted the instagram photo although he had been getting texts from the guys. Dan couldn't deal with it right now.
He walked over to the baby's crib and traced his hand around the rim. He smiled at the the baby's scrunched up sleeping face. He looked over at Gemma and her fragile sleeping body.

He walked outside to have a cigarette.
He lit up his cigarette and let out some smoke,he leant back against the wall closing his eyes.
When he opened his eyes he saw a cheeky grin within his view.
'Alright Flint' The grinning man greeted
'Joshy boy' Dan smiled dropping his cigarette to the floor to hug Josh. They hugged each other tightly.
'So wanna meet her?' Dan asked as they walked toward the hospital entrance.

Once they arrived at the ward Dan could see through the rooms blinds. He saw nurses and doctors crowded around Gemma's bed. Dan ran toward the room leaving Josh.
He skidded to a halt as he reached the door,the doctors crowded Gemma as she was on a oxygen machine. The doctors were all taking notes,checking charts and making sure Gemma was stable.
Dan didn't enter the room. He stepped out of the doorway and fell to the floor. He rested his head on the wall as Dan approached him. Josh sat next to Dan on the floor.
Josh patted Dan's back as one doctor left the room.
The doctor stared down at the two of them.
'Mr Flint?' The man questioned
'Yeah' He mumbled standing up,Josh did the same.
'As probably already know your fiancé is on a oxygen machine' He begun 'She went into cardiac arrest once more which was expected-'
'Expected! How come I didn't expect this!' Dan shouted
'Dan' Josh said holding his shoulder.
'I shall continue,she is stabilised but we shall have to take precautions so we shall have to order you a nebuliser for your home in case this happens again' The doctor said then walking away. The other doctors left the room before Dan and Josh entered the room.

Gemma was cold out with tubes almost everywhere. The mask was once more on her face. Dan sat beside the bed taking Gemma's inanimate hand in his. He held it tight.
Hot tears threatened to fall down his face.
'Don't do this to me' Dan whispered 'Don't give up' He kept whispering words of encouragement even though it was unlikely she could hear.
Josh just stood watching his friend cling on to his fiancée hand as if her life depended on it. In a way it did.
Tears fell down Dan's face as he uttered the words 'I love you'.
His faced crashed onto the bed still grasping her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So :D I'm happy that I got this done before I go away I have to thank Tay and Leah with this one.
And special thanks to Gemma for mentioning us on get devianart and also for using her name and life in a way :)
I owe Gemma for the inspiration.