Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Be There

Josh stood at the foot of Gemma's hospital bed watching Dan break down beside Gemma's lifeless body.
Josh walked over to the crib. He looked down at the baby girl that had no clue as to what was going on.
'Whatever happens she still needs you' Josh said as he looked at the baby. Dan looked over at Josh still holding her hand.
'I know' Dan sniffed
'Dan this isn't some situation we sing about' Josh begun 'You need to know you got yourself into this'
Dan's gaze fell to Gemma's face then to her ring.
His eyes began to water.
Josh was godamn right so much so it hurt Dan to agree.
'Dan I'm here for you,we all are,but one problem at a time mate' Josh told him as he made his way toward Dan.
'I know mate' Dan sighed looking at Josh as he sat next to him.
'You can't do anything by sitting here but you can do something if you sat over there' Josh pointed over at the crib.
Dan could see his little girl squirming within her crib.
'Dan she doesn't know her mother is ill and the only other person who can comfort and protect her is her dad,you of all people should know that' Josh muttered

Dan approached the crib.
He slowly picked up Charlotte. The baby's hand wrapped around Dan's finger as Dan swayed from side to side.
He kept the little girl close to his chest and holding her tight.
Dan cradled her tight as slowly the baby girl drifted away within her fathers arms.
Josh joined Dan at his side.
'No matter what happens you always have a girl to protect' Josh whispered Josh stroked the baby girls face. Charlotte whimpered at Josh's touch.
'Dan,always be there for your family,even if that family is just going to be Charlotte,but don't give up on Gemma or Charlotte' Josh said as he patted Dan's back.
Dan placed Charlotte back down into the crib.
He hugged Josh tight as his eyes welled up.
'Thanks Josh,I just don't want to lose either of them' He whispered as they pulled away.
Josh grasped Dan's shoulders.
'Never give up' Josh smiled as they both retook there seats beside Gemma's bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually got Gemma to help write this as she is over mine because she had a similar conversation with her mother as her Dad and Brother were in hospital we both ended up crying.
So Josh was very consoling and honest in this chapter
I felt very sad writing this so if it doesn't make sense then I apologise because I lose my train of thought easily and tried to write down everything she told me

Please Comment!