Status: HELLO!

Wretched and Divine

Resurrect The Sun

I had made a mistake. I had made a huge mistake. I didn't know I could be so foolish, and my foolishness triggered a disaster. I didn't even know when I woke up; I had to find out the hard way.
None of us were disturbed during the night, I heard no one stirred as they slept soundly, yet the most awful thing happened.
In the dead of night, long after I met up with Bellamy many accomplishes of F.E.A.R gathered in response to the defeat earlier that day.
They destroyed half of the village when people were at their most vulnerable, and they took Bellamy.
I was a stupid fool, I was aware that F.E.A.R watched our every move, yet I idiotically made it aware that Bellamy was a new weakness of mine and they took advantage of that. They began ruining me again, and I wasn’t up for another close death.
We all woke up to screaming from outside, it took us a while to gather ourselves and realise what was going on. Once up we made our way hastily outside, and I had to admit I was slightly panicked by the situation.
Once outside we could the entire far west side of the village completely ruined. Every building that was there the day before was just a pile of dirt and broken cement bricks. Small streams of smoke were rising from a few plots, F.E.A.R had obviously used fire as a use of torture, and Bellamy's house was gone as well.
"Hey!" I heard a scream from our left and I turned to see Inigo running towards us. He had a long bloody gash down his arm but other than that I could there was no more physical harm.
Once he reached me he almost doubled over but luckily I caught him in my arms and held him tightly.
"Inigo, where's Bellamy?" I asked him bluntly, but since I knew he was safe he wasn't my priority, Bellamy was. My hands gripped his shoulders forcefully.
"She ... they took her."
I grip loosened slowly and I backed away in silence. That was the one thing I didn't want happening but due to my selfishness of comfort, she'd been an easy target for them. They knew I'd react violently and that I wouldn't let it slide so easily, they knew I would want to find and save her. They got to my weak spot and had played it well; they were professional at taking joy from anyone and I was in no way different to any mortal in their eyes.
I started running west since that must've been where they came from. My mind was a jumble of thoughts as I sped through the wasteland. I was going to kill F.E.A.R when I got to her, if I'd ever get to her. It took me a while to realise running wasn't the best idea I could've had. She could've been anywhere. Anywhere on Earth and Earth was thousands of miles across. Losing hope wasn't an option but it felt like that was going to happen. I tried to be patient with myself but finding her was important for my sanity, I needed her. A desperate control coursed in my veins, I needed her!
I stopped to catch my breath, the blazing sun was beating down on back and neck, the heat was prickling my skin and it made it itchy but that wasn't my concern at that moment in time. I stopped dead still and stared ahead at the high mountains before me. I contemplated climbing them for a moment or so but after a while I heard a faint tinkling in my ear.
A soothing tune was floating around my ears. I didn't think much of it for a second, I thought I'd go away but it didn't. I strained my hearing to listen closely, and I recognised it immediately. It was Bellamy’s voice. It was Inigo's lullaby.
I could tell it was coming from far away, I could practically see the sound waves coming from upon the mountains not far from where I was standing.
I started walking, then it got louder, so I started running. The time sounded so close, it was like she should've been right in front of me but there wasn't anything there.
Her voice was filling my brain; I started running quicker out of anticipation. It was loud now. It started to make me go crazy, I was losing my mind. Where the fuck was she?
My running came to a halt when I noticed a black cloud upon the rocky mountain. However it was moving quickly, far too quickly to be a cloud. Then I thought it to be a large sheet or blanket but I ruled that idea out immediately. The singing had reduced to a normal volume, but I could still hear her enchanting lullaby clearer than the day was bright. It echoed along with the mysterious form in front of my eyes.
The black got closer to me, I began pacing backwards slowly out of caution. The sheet of darkness spread out in a thin wisp sideways and lowered to the floor. From the thin wisp arose at least 30 members of F.E.A.R. All of them as tall as trees stood in a semi-circle shape around me. They were silent, I was silent, and it was far too tense for that moment to be safe.
I'd stopped pacing backwards but they crept closer, like they didn’t care about my fear. But I guess that was what they were all about.
After a moment they stopped and the followers placed in the middle started moving outwards. Once they moved, it revealed my new all-time weakness.
Bellamy was standing on her own behind them. Just there, on her own.
"BELLAMY!" She already has noticed me but calling her name was an instinct. She didn’t move when I started reaching for her. My hand shot out in front of me like I was trying to grab her and I moved a few steps forwards but as I got closer so did F.E.A.R.
They had showed me my prize if I defeated them, and then they ones that moved returned to their spot in front of Bellamy and she was gone from my sight. But I knew she was still there and I was going to get her. I had to get her. She was mine!
I wondered what she was doing now that she couldn’t see me, I wondered if she’d think she was ok, I wondered if they’d hurt her to get her there. I hated to think that she might’ve been scared; she wasn’t allowed to be scared, not whilst I was protecting her.
I didn’t know what to do at first. No one had prepared me for a fight alone. I didn’t think it was a possibility. I didn’t know my power, what the hell was I supposed to do. I couldn’t leave Bellamy on her own, but I didn’t know how to fight. I wasn’t ridiculously strong like the Destroyer, and I couldn’t spiritually conjure like the Mystic. I wasn’t beyond intelligence like the Mystic, nor was I as violent and as sure of my existence as a rebelling Immortal as the Deviant. I was only the leader yet I was never sure why I was appointed as one.
Technically I was useless. What was I supposed to do? Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t realise that a few delegates had come closer, then followed be a few more, then a few a more. They were creating a wall of darkness in front of my light; weak and scared Bellamy.
I started to pace backwards again; I couldn’t fight them with my fists, that was the Destroyers job. But he wasn’t there. No one was there. Only defenceless Bellamy was there, but she couldn’t do anything.
Yes she could! She was there, she was my goal, she was what I had to get! She was there for me at the end; I just had to get through the middle by myself.
Think, for fuck’s sake think; they were my thoughts as every single living F.E.A.R shadows approached me. They were getting closer, I was trying to stay back but they were advancing quicker every second. My thoughts were scrambled from that point. What the fuck should I do?
All the hype caught up in my throat, my breath was hitching and I couldn’t breathe properly. It was too much, I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t do it for her. Metres away from me, they were so close.
I did what was natural in that situation. My lungs opened to the world and I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could. I closed my eyes, tension was building in my limbs, I couldn’t think, I only screamed. I raised my hands and gripped my hair. I kept screaming. I bent over in pressure, my lungs were almost empty.
My throat croaked to a stop and a huge gust of wind threw me forward, so I opened my eyes.
It was comically beautiful. I swallowed the huge, dry lump in my throat as I watched. Like the day before with the Mystic and the Destroyer, when they defeated F.E.A.R’s cohort’s they turned to dust. That was what I was witnessing. An enormous amount of black ash was flying away into the sky; again it looked like a gigantic swarm of black birds ascending upwards.
That was my power, my scream. Who’d have guessed it?