Status: HELLO!

Wretched and Divine

I am Bulletproof

Being on Earth for a while really showed us the effects of F.E.A.R’s power to humans. We didn’t leave the room that the man with the apron gave us at all, only when a villager would supply us with information about the destruction or movement of F.E.A.R. We didn’t tell anyone that we were from the Heaven or that we were Immortal, they’d then ask us to save them and not leave us alone.
We briefly got to know each other in the short space of time of meeting. I had never seen them before, but we all had to same connection that kept us together in this difficult time.
There was the Deviant who had lost his family and his love. He was challenging, he made it clear that he wanted to avenge his loved ones quickly and it took some explaining from us to calm him down and make it known that we needed a plan of attack.
Then there was the Mystic who had lost his mother and father. Despite only losing two people dear to him, he was prepared to use his power to vent his anger towards F.E.A.R. We had discovered that he was an Immortal of magical conjuring. He was an asset that would benefit our fight.
Next there was the Destroyer who had only lost his mother. He was a lonely man; he didn’t involve himself in many pleasantries. However, he had shown us that he was a violent Immortal; he was stronger than any of us physically although he kept it to himself at first.
Fourthly, there was the Mourner. He’d lost everyone he had ever known, more people than I had known. His mother and father, his three brothers and two sisters and his love and their daughter. He was the most quiet; he didn’t like talking and kept his head down. But he was smart, the smartest out of all of us and he wanted sweet revenge.
Lastly, there was me. The Prophet. I was the leader of the remaining Immortals. I was the most intuitive and I already had a plan. We were to begin our adventure in silence; we wouldn’t do anything until we had something worth going to. We had to be in hiding, if F.E.A.R found our whereabouts we were done for. It took a while to move on from the death of my family, I loved them so dearly and they were so weak against F.E.A.R, but we had to take over the world, F.E.A.R would no longer order mortals, it was our duty.
The man in the apron came to our room between several days to give us food, but he soon caught on that we didn’t eat much. We didn’t need to, we were Immortals. However, when he did come up, he told us tales of Earth before F.E.A.R. He told us of a fertile land, one where every man had a chance to make something of himself. It was beautiful, he told us, and would never forget what it was like, although he mentioned that fragments of his memory were loose and sometimes it was quite hard to remember such a splendid place. Without a doubt, F.E.A.R ruined everything for everyone.
We had to save Earth for the mortal’s sake. No one else would fight for them; no one else could fight for them. We were young, we were strong, but maybe we were a little naïve. Yes we were more powerful on Earth, but F.E.A.R could’ve been as well. And there were hundreds of them. We couldn’t underestimate the capability they could ensue, that’s why we needed a plan.
Weeks eventually passed and Earth was becoming worse. Everyone who died under F.E.A.R was sent to hell. No one was sent to heaven. It wasn’t our home; it was another heaven, the one that mortals were sent if they lived a good, sinless life. But it was empty and was guarded by some of the strongest dark beings related with the organization. It was thought that because the five of us escaped from F.E.A.R that if anyone was associated with any heaven then they would be bad. They didn’t want any more opponents since they had yet to find and destroy us. F.E.A.R were the only ones allowed access in Heaven.
F.E.A.R didn’t know of our whereabouts and we planned to keep it that way. Hiding was the best option for that time; we needed to finalize our plan. It was difficult at first, since we were new to the feeling that came with being on Earth. We were clearly stronger than any mortal, and we could all feel it in our bones. My mind felt more agile, but it was hard to focus.
“What if we aren’t strong enough? What if it’s too much?” the Mourner questioned. He was doubtful, but that didn’t faze anyone else.
“Just think will you. Why else would’ve we survived? We wouldn’t have survived just to be killed in another land. It means something,” the Mystic informed.
“Yes and the sooner that we defeat them the safer Earth will be,” the Deviant clapped his hands impatiently.
“Please stop talking like it will happen tomorrow. It’s not going to happen tomorrow. You know we need to plan our attack!” I half shouted. Every day he would go on and say that we had to fight soon, he wanted revenge so quickly. It was foolish of him to think we were ready.
“You know, despite the odd information we’re receiving, staying here isn’t such a good idea,” the Mourner spoke from his corner of the room.
“Well what did you have in mind?” the Deviant spat. He wasn’t happy that I had argued against him. His temper was short but we knew that the four of us weren’t his targets.
“If we move, there’s a possibility of increasing distance from F.E.A.R, but there’s also a chance of decreasing distance from them. Do we take that chance?” the Destroyer mumbled, just loud enough for us to hear. He rarely spoke, but when he did it was useful information.
“It’s chance that we have to take. Either way it’ll benefit us,” the Mystic responded. He was a solace man, but I suspected that it was a charm he put on all of us to think that he was the one for comfort. He had the power to do anything; it was all in his hands and stable mind.
“Whatever we do, we must keep in mind what we are doing and not lose ourselves in the moment.” I was referencing most to the Deviant whose temper was short, and to the Destroyer whose strength was beyond impossible of 10,000 mortals put together. I felt that they would be the biggest setback if anything went wrong.
We had to set ourselves responsibilities which came along with our immortality and our status as Rebels. We were to only kill all that symbolized F.E.A.R. We were to not kill any mortals, even if they tried to strike us in any form of attack. We weren’t allowed to make relationships with any mortals; they could hold us back or in a more dangerous circumstance we could develop feelings for them and endanger our mission. Once (or if) we defeated F.E.A.R we were to leave Earth forever and find another land to live on, the only exception was if something like F.E.A.R happened again, it was then our duty to protect the mortals or anyone else who needed our help.
A knock at the door shook us all from our procrastinating silence and with a flick of his wrist, the Mystic opened the door.
A dirty man, one with white, wispy hair wearily stepped into the room. He rubbed his hands down his side, and obvious sign of nervousness. He wasn’t the man with the apron, he was a stranger but I could tell from the way he was acting that it shouldn’t have been one of our concerns.
“I am here to inform you of a recent attack.” We all snapped our attention to him; I leant further off the windowsill in interest.
“A large village south from here has been attacked. It is said the F.E.A.R left nothing alive.” And with a solemn shake of his head he left, closing the door behind him.
We all knew they were mortals and had the potential to die, but every time we heard of a village being destroyed or just a lone person perishing it shook us a little inside. They couldn’t defend themselves with immortality like us, and it made them weaker than a baby doe that’d lost their mother in a tall forest, its predators easily finding a way to make the defenceless creature its meal.
It wasn’t clear on who would speak first in the small, wooden room. Most of them just looked at me, expecting an answer from the Prophet. I sighed heavily; it was I who had to make the decisions.
“We know what we have to do, and now we know where to go first.”