Status: HELLO!

Wretched and Divine

Wretched and Divine

The female mortal didn’t ask any questions after the Mystic had healed her sibling. In my opinion, I think she was just in shock, and I’m sure that any mortal witnessing magic would be struck speechless. She went back to cuddling her brother, ignoring the fact that five dark strangers were surrounding her. After a while we moved away, letting her have the silence space, but I could still hear what they were saying.
“It’s them” the small male mortal whispered. The female’s face retorted with her eyebrows firmly knitted together. It was obvious from her facial expression that she didn’t agree with his statement.
“No, they’re just silly looking fools who are looking at the damaged area, I really don’t think it’s the Rebels”
My instincts immediately wanted me to prove her wrong, but I was sure that she would’ve caught on soon enough. If they were going to hang out with us for the time being, they would’ve figured out we were the ones fighting F.E.A.R.
I saw her check him over a few times, asking if he was okay more than once. We just scuffled our feet as they were coming over, it was a little awkward since they didn’t say anything till they were over.
“Thank you again, for saving him.” she asked, and she wrapped her arm around the boy’s shoulders.
“It’s no problem.” the Mystic replied, grinning at her gratitude.
“Are you the Rebels?” the little boy asked. The girl went wide eyed and nudged him violently, but after a moment of silence, she looked curious too.
“Yes, we are.” The Deviant stated bluntly. “But there’s also the question of how are you two still alive? We were told that no one survived the attack here”
The girl cast her eyes down. “We don’t live here or anything, we came here after we found out that it had been destroyed.”
“Why?” the Deviant asked again. Despite his sudden questioning, I was curious to as why they were both there.
“Well … we were looking for anything … you know. We thought there might be some food or something.” she mumbled, and I could see her cheeks reddening a little, possibly out of embarrassment.
“Wait, do you mean you’ve stolen something?” the Deviant questioned, his eyebrows were furrowed, as were everyone else’s. How could something a sweet as a female mortal do something so immoral like steal?
“We don’t have much, we didn’t know what else to do,” she whispered, and then looked down at her sibling. It was clear that she was looking out for him, they probably didn’t have any parents but I wasn’t going to ask that any time soon.
“Come on, you can’t stay here. Do you know where the closest settlement is from here?” the Mystic asked.
“Yes, it’s our village and it’s not that far away.” She pointed towards a direction which had a few mountains in the background and began walking forward. She didn’t let go of her brother though, her arm was firmly wrapped around him.
It wasn’t like we were creating a relationship with them; they were only showing us the way to a safe place to stay. Our rules weren’t being broken; we were only using them to protect our safety.
But what had just happened with F.E.A.R, with the whole world going black, it was a wakeup call for us, F.E.A.R knew everything we were doing, they tracked us so well. Again I had to remind myself, they were all the same. Black soulless beings, all lifeless and no feelings expect hate. They were easy.
Even though killing them was as bad as them killing us, it had to be done. We couldn’t deny that we were slightly immoral, a small part of the devil, the devil’s smile if so need be. We came from the same place, F.E.A.R and I, and it was like we shared the same blood. We weren’t as immoral as F.E.A.R but we more so than mortals. We had to ability to kill, yet we weren’t fond of the idea.
We all followed her in silence but about half an hour into the walk the little boy spoke up.
“Do you have anything to drink?” The female shook her head with a frown.
“Hey,” the Mystic spoke, and the boy stopped and turned around. “Put your hands out like this” and the Mystic cupped his hands together in demonstration. The boy copied him and the Mystic ran two of his fingers down his hand and sure enough water formed right before everyone’s eyes.
The boy drank it greedily and then demanded another drink. The Mystic smiled as he gladly refilled his hands, and then turned to the female who was watching curiously. He nodded his head a little as to signal if she wanted a drink as well and she nodded her head. She held out her small, chapped hands and by magic it was filled with fresh water.
Once she drank it she lifted her head and questioned the conjurer. “How can you do that?”
“I’m Immortal remember.” And with that we carried on walking again, but the female wasn’t silent for long.
“I’ve heard what they say about you. They say you can save the world.”
“That’s right.” the Deviant replied. He was so quick to answer things, I didn’t think what she said even went through his brain. He was so quick to answer the questions about the uprising; it was what was always on his mind.
“Then why are you with us? Surely there are so many more people who need saving.”
“Your brother needed saving.”
“Yes, but if you weren’t there in the first place I would’ve never fallen down.” he retorted. We all chuckled at his young confidence; he was smarter than he looked.
“Fair enough, but you shouldn’t have been climbing on rubble in the first place, it’s dangerous.” the Mystic smiled.
“I’ve done it loads of times, I was in no danger.” he responded. Boy that kid had his own opinion, and he certainly was not afraid of sharing it.
“So you let him near danger?” the Deviant asked the female. That reminded me, I still didn’t know her name.
“I know he’s safe, and it’s not like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.” she replied.
“What is your name?” I chipped in.
“Bellamy, and he’s Inigo, but you probably already knew that.”
“Ok, so Bellamy, why were you stealing from the dead?” Once I spoke, I realised that I had asked her more harshly than I wanted to. I hoped she wouldn’t have found me too rude.
Despite my ill-mannered question, she answered calmly. “We don’t have a lot, and if there’s anything nice going, it’d be nice for us to sell it and eat properly. And what are your names?”
None of us answered. I was more than awkward though since Bellamy looked around at us, expecting us to answer.
“We … we can’t say. It’s better if you don’t know.” I replied slowly. It wasn’t the best answer I could give and she didn’t look too happy when she heard it but she didn’t ask any more questions on the matter.
After that, we Immortals followed the mortals in complete silence. It was alright for me since I blocked out the outside world and really focused my thoughts. I thought about how we were going to defeat F.E.A.R since even children knew about our promise, and I couldn’t let young mortals worry. I weighed the pros and cons. We were young, we had more energy and adrenaline, we were the Wild Ones. We all had something to bring to the table. We all wanted to defeat F.E.A.R; we were all focused onto one goal. However, there were more in F.E.A.R. Five against a thousand was not fair, and F.E.A.R were all about not playing fair.
The Deviant’s speech put everything into perspective; we weren’t going to let F.E.A.R torment humans any more. It was wretched since we had to kill them all, but divine since we were bettering the Earth.
Our loyalty was to humans from that point on, but unluckily for me, my loyalty was leaning towards Bellamy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who's read this, it really means a lot. If some of you like Fearless Vampire Killers, you should check out Bite Down. which my friend is writing. There's a lot of smutty slash so I personally think it's a good read. xx