Status: HELLO!

Wretched and Divine

F.E.A.R Transmission 2: Trust

A bustling village encircled us Immortals, Bellamy and Inigo. Despite knowing that we were the ones to save the Earth, people still had an effect on us. I felt a little constricted, so many people wanted to give us their thanks. Eventually after some time of thanking people, they all backed off and we had room to breathe and move.
Bellamy had smiled broadly as everyone was giving their thanks; it pleased me to see her like that.
No! You need to stop. I was thinking about her, more than just a human being and I wasn’t allowed to do that. I made the rules, why I wasn’t keeping them I didn’t know. It was just Bellamy; she just made me feel different, something different to what I felt with any other person before. I was miserable before I met her, but in saying that I felt really stupid. I knew that just one mortal couldn’t affect an Immortal so much; I tried to brush it off as a joke. Surely she couldn’t deter me from the journey we had to take, but I feared that she was.
We had to get together to speak to the mortals as one, it was too hectic to try and tell them everything individually.
"How are we going to do it?" The Destroyer asked. We had walked to the edge of the village for some space and we left Bellamy and Inigo to talk to the other people. They were asking them all sorts as well; they had clearly seen us come into the village with them. I again felt sorry for her and Inigo too. It was obvious they knew none of the answers to the questions thrown at them. No one knew truly, that's why we had to go to every village to tell the exact truth from our mouths. Sure people spreading the word was a good start, but reassuring them with our word as well helped.
"How about we stand on the rubble," and the Deviant pointed to the small house the three beings had destroyed, luckily it was the only thing they had destroyed.
"Come on then."
I led the four Immortals over to the rubble. Whilst walking I'd caught eye contact with Bellamy and gestured for her to come over. I saw her nudge some other people and they mentioned it to others and the whole village came our way, both excited and curious to what we were going to do.
We climbed to dusty rubble; I placed myself at the top for I was the one going to speak. Once everyone had gathered I cleared my throat and began.
"Have no fear, for a better life is drawing near for you. We are going to save you. Sure, it'll be tough but the result out ways the cons. You will be safe with us."
As soon as I stopped talking, quicker than a blink the world went black. Screams and cries of torment were heard from the crowd but the other Immortals and I stayed silent and we waited.
"The Rebels claim their brave new world is upon us.
Do not be fooled by the chicanery in which they lay their claim.
It is false, and their uprising will not succeed.
You will place your trust in F.E.A.R.
You must".
The sky turned to light and I could see the horrified faces of the mere mortals who had just been threatened. I chuckled inwardly; mortals were made headless fools under the rule of F.E.A.R. They feared them, that much was clear, but seeing it in their faces meant that we had to act fast, for fear was strong and it could kill those fear that acted upon it.
I cleared my throat again.
"Are these the people you trust?! You having seen the face of your leader yet you cower so easily to his word! You shall NOT trust them, they only bring death! They only bring hate! Under no circumstances should you be forced to do that! We will not bring destruction! And we will only bring death to THOSE! We will harm F.E.A.R! You will be safe, there is no doubt."
The mortals clapped and cheered at my speech. They knew, they finally got it into their minds that they needn't fear no more.
I flicked my eyes to Bellamy who was smiling at me. I wanted to return the smile but I thought of those around me. How would they react to me having feelings for her? I couldn't help myself; she just seemed like someone who needed something else. Something other than the responsibility of a small child to look after. I wanted to give her something but I didn't know what it was. Whatever it was, it had to be secret.
We all climbed down the rubble pile, and I could tell that the Deviant was happy. He got happy when we Rebels were spoken of. I guessed it was his way of dealing with his deaths. It was curious to watch for it wasn't the way I would've dealt with it, and it made me interested to see what he would be like in battle. We made our way over to Bellamy who was waiting for us outside of the crowd of villagers now discussing excitedly our speech and promise.
"You really are our heroes." She still had the warm smile I'd gotten used to seeing.
"We're only here to help you. I don't think that makes us heroes." I argued. It did please me to think she thought of me that way, but I couldn't publicly display my new affection for her.
"Everyone seems happy." The Deviant smiled as he joined us. He'd been off talking to the villagers, almost showing off to them but saying that he'd be one of the saviours.
“Bellamy was saying that you’re our heroes.” Inigo smiled at the comment and the Deviant gave an even bigger smile.
I had to admit, I didn’t like seeing him react that way. I wasn’t going to say it to his face, but I don’t think he should have reacted like he did, the others didn’t. We all knew about his anger problems, but to be as selfish to revel in the glory of ‘hero’ made me feel a little annoyed. But I felt serene, for the Rebellion was going well, and Bellamy was content and that made me feel satisfied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a little longer than usual. School's being a bitch as usual and I'm SO TIRED. This is just a filler since it sets the seen for the next few chapters. Enjoy. x