Eskimo Cold

one ;

I took a deep breath as I hung my graduation gown in the very back of my closet, next to my prom dresses from the last two years. Four years ago I felt like this day would never come. I was officially a graduate of Taylor Allderdice High School. It was time to grow up, go to college and get a real job. Apparently I couldn't work at the small cafe down the street forever.

With a sigh, I pushed my junior prom dress back, causing the white graduation gown to disappear completely. Memories from the prom flooded my head as my fingers gently caressed the red fabric of the dress. It was a night that was unforgettable.

I slid my right foot into the silver patent leather shoes. They had a generous heel, only adding about three and a half inches to my natural height. I had searched the entire Pittsburgh Mills mall for the perfect pair of shoes that matched the gemstones on my dress perfectly. Luckily for me, I found my dream shoes just a short week before the prom.

"The boys will be here soon," my best friend Emily announced, appearing behind Dani in the mirror as she coated her already amazingly long eye lashes with mascara. Dani smiled at her finished look.

"If they're actually on time for once in their life," Dani joked, tossing me the mascara that she had just capped. I let out a small laugh and started to brush the mascara onto my own lashes. I frowned upon noticing that mine would never be as long and luscious as Danielle's, no matter how hard I would try.

"They're probably getting high without us," Emily replied sourly.

Grinning a tiny bit, I backed away from the full length mirror and studied my reflection. I was finally attending my first prom, which was something that every girl looked forward to. My deep red dress clinged to my tanned skin, the silver gems glittering in the light. I looked exactly how I wanted to. My hair was in a curled updo, only a few strands fell, framing my face perfectly.

"He's gonna want to jump your bones the second he sees you, Al," Emily told me with a smirk as she also admired my reflection. I rolled my eyes.

"We're going as friends," I started, almost a little testy, "mostly because neither of us could find another date," I finished under my breath. I tried not to take notice in the sympathetic look Dani sent in my direction. Unfortunately, she decided to speak in addition to the look.

"That's not your fault, Aly. Tyler broke up with you two weeks before prom, how were you supposed to know you wouldn't have a date?" I sharply sucked in a lung full of air, pushing away the stinging feeling that was attacking my chest. Judging by the expression that quickly melted over her face, I knew Dani regretted opening her mouth at all.

"Thanks for reminding me," I grumbled. Shaking my head lightly, careful not to mess up my hair, as if I were shaking the thought from my mind. I was not about to let Tyler ruin another night, especially the night of my junior prom.

As Dani predicted, the boys were late. They showed up to Emily's front door clad in their fancy suits with flowers for each of us.

I smiled as my date neared me. He looked incredible in his all white suit, accented nicely by the red bowtie that matched my dress perfectly. He even wore a white and scarlet snapback loosely on his head. His eyes were squinted, and around the beautiful hazel color of his pupils were bloodshot, almost reflecting the color of his tie.

"You better have saved me some," I said to him under my breath, leaning towards him a bit so no one would hear as parents rushed around with cameras. Mac laughed and sent me a wink as my mother directed us in front of the wooden spiral staircase of Emily's mansion-like house.

After what seemed like six hours of blinding flashes, forced poses and smiles, we were finally out the front door and in the back of the limo, heading towards the banquet hall. Luckily for us girls, the guys did end up saving us some of their goods, and they lit up a blunt right there in the limo.

Almost an hour later, after taking even more pictures with friends from school outside of the ballroom, we finally entered and took a seat at our table. Andrew, Emily's boyfriend, spilled his glass of sparkling grape juice on the white table cloth halfway through dinner, causing her to have a meltdown and then immediately began blaming him for ruining the night already. I just laughed and shook my head. I knew in ten minutes they would be kissing and making up anyway.

I sat at the table alone, my eyes scanning the dance floor, resting on my date dancing with some blonde who I assumed was a senior, like him. I rolled my eyes, resting my elbow on the table top and then my cheek on my hand. Letting my eyes continue to gaze over the crowd of students, my eyes caught an unfortunate sight.

Tyler was hardly dancing, his lips attached to some freshman, which was evidently the girl he had left me for. My lips pursed instantly as my hot gaze burned into them. I imagined lasers shooting from my green eyes, blowing him up right on the spot.

"You look like your having fun," a voice sounded, snapping me out of my dream world of harming my ex. I turned my head just in time to see Mac sliding in the seat next to me. His appearance had changed since last time I had seen him. His bowtie was now loosened around his neck, and there was a drip of sweat sliding down his forehead. He had shed off his blazer a few songs ago, leaving him in a scarlet colored vest over a white button up and his snapback was now turned to the back. I sent him a look, but then shrugged afterwards. My eyes once again found Tyler and I heard Mac sigh. "You can't let stuff like that bother you, Alazae. You're too pretty to be hung up on some asshole. You just have to forget and move on."

I smiled softly, yet sadly. "That's easier said than done, Malcolm," I replied after a few long seconds, calling him by his full name. He seemed to be in deep thought for a moment before a smirk stretched across his pink lips.

"I think I might have something that may make both of our nights better," he told me, pulling his chair closer to mine like he had a secret to tell me. I could feel the warmth from his thigh on mine, and my breath almost caught in my throat. He reached into his blazer pocket, which was slung across the back of his chair. He pulled out a water bottle that seemed to be just that; a plastic bottle filled with water. But I knew better. Soon enough, I wore a smirk that matched his. Mac looked around him, making himself look rather suspicious as he checked for any adults watching him. Upon noticing no one was paying any attention to us, he opened the bottle and filled our cups of pop up the rest of the way. He stealthily hid the bottle under the table, behind the leg that supported our side. "Cheers," he winked as we both tipped back our cups. Though the vodka tasted cheap, I finished the cup with ease and he refilled it.

And he was right. That was the point that my night took a complete turn around. Mac now paid no attention to any other female in the building, and sat at my side as we got tipsy and laughed together. Just as I saw out of the corner of my eye that he once again scooted his chair closer to mine, I felt like someone was watching me. I followed my instinct and saw Tyler sitting at his table across the room, glaring. I bit down on my lip.

"He's just hates me cause he ain't me," Mac slurred, gaining all of my attention and making me giggle. His eyes went wide with excitement. "Come on, let's dance!" He jumped up and extended his hand out to help me up. I smiled widely and accepted his invitation.


I smiled as I closed my closet door, thinking of Mac's success over the past few years. We always told him that he would go far. He was born for the lifestyle that he's living now. And even though I haven't heard a single word from him since the day he graduated last year, I was happy for him. He deserved it.

Tonight was the start of all of the epic summer parties before everyone packs up and ships off for college. It was most likely the last chance I would have to spend time and make memories with my classmates. We could finally celebrate the fact that we did it; we got through twelve long years of schooling that led up to today.

With that thought on my mind, I picked up my phone off of my bed and began to dial Emily's number to plan my outfit for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
My pregnant ass sits at home all day and I do absolutely nothing so I figured I'd write a story. Please comment and let me know what you think so far! :D