The Poet Sings

two

Brooke ate her cereal the next morning while she was looking at a magazine of wedding dresses. It was always a dream since a young age to get married and have that fairytale wedding. She wanted it to be at this old church she went too when she was a young girl. It was a huge church that looked like it was a castle. The brunette basically had everything planned out. The only thing that was missing was the husband, but she still had a lot of time.

Brendan came into the kitchen and chuckled while rubbing his eyes and stretching. "Wedding dresses?"

"They're just so elegant and pretty." She replied softly as she flipped to the next page.

Her brother shrugged and opened the fridge to get something to eat. "So I'm going to take a tour of the school today, do you want to come with?"

Brooke stopped drinking the milk from the bowl. "Um, actually I was going out today.. for lunch."

"With who?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Ryan, that guy we met a couple nights ago. He offered to take me out to lunch." She shrugged nonchalantly and took a gulp of milk while eyeing her brother.

A big grin broke out onto his face. "That's awesome! They're good guys, Brookie. They won't hurt you or anything, you know that right? I didn't pick up that vibe from them, especially Ryan."

She shrugged again and set the bowl down in the sink. The only thing you could here right now was the loud t.v. from the living room. Brooke dismissed herself by simply nodding and then she walked into the living room. She felt like this morning was a Pretty Little Liars type of morning since heavy dark clouds hung in the sky and it was snowing lightly.

After a couple hours, Brooke decided to shower and actually start getting ready for her date. If you would even call it that. The shower relaxed some of her stressed muscles with its warm water. She stood in the shower longer than she intended to. Next she got dressed and decided to keep her hair down. Her hair was already straight.

It was now around 11:30 and she decided to start driving since she sucked at driving if it was snowing or raining. In the car, Brooke was telling herself to open up and be her old self to Ryan. She did have this attraction to him and she was scared that if she acted all quiet like always, he wouldn't like her. It was a half hour later when she arrived at the little diner. When Brooke entered she looked around to see if she could see Ryan anywhere. Once she spotted him the girl quickly walked over to him and slid into the seat across from him.

He looked up surprised to even see Brooke in front of him. Ryan didn't think she would actually show. The hockey player touched his damp hair consciously; he had came from practice and even after showering he was scared he looked all sweaty. Ryan watched as the other brunette scanned the menu. She looked so at peace and comfortable, but he didn't know what she was actually thinking.

In Brooke's mind, her brain was screaming to say something, anything. She didn't even know what to say though.

"So, are you going to school here?" The voice made her head shot up.

"Next year. I moved here because my brother and I were going to go to college here, but we took the year off." Not all of that was a lie. "Brendan was suppose to start this year."

Ryan nodded his head, hoping that she would ask a question next, because he only wanted to know what happened in her past that made her like this. But that would be rude.

"Okay, you look really look familiar." She slightly chuckled and looked at him. "What do you do? Job or college.. or what?"

"Job. I play on a hockey team." Brooke's ears perked up, she loved hockey. She nodded her head, telling him to keep going. "For the Edmonton Oilers."

Brooke's mouth hung open. "Are you serious?" She shrieked. "How did I not know?"

Ryan laughed and shrugged. He started smiling when the girl across from him started laughing, she had a beautiful laugh to him.

Throughout lunch Brooke started to lighten up and be her old self again. Ryan was already having affect on her, which scared Brooke, but she was enjoying him way to much to let that ruin this. Ryan snatched up the bill as the waitress dropped it off.

"My treat."

The girl shook her head, "please let me pay for some of it."

"Next time, I'll let you."

Brooke smiled when she heard that there was going to be a next time with them. They were both enjoying each other's company. Soon the two were standing by Brooke's car and simply smiling at each other.

"I have a game tomorrow, against the Predators if you'd like to come. It'll be fun." He laughed, trying to persuade her.

"If Brendan is allowed to come, then yes."

"Well then he can come too. And afterward you guys can come down to the locker room and meet everyone."

Her eyes got big for a second. Being in a room with a lot of people plus her being the center of attention was not her thing. "I don't know about that."

"Oh please, Jordan and Taylor would love it too."

"As long as I'm not the center of attention. I don't like that kind of stuff."

Ryan smiled. "Of course." He kissed her hand and then told her goodbye as he walked away to his car.

Brooke looked down at her hand that was still tingling. She shook it, as to make it stop from feeling that way, and got in her car. She drove home in silence, not even music playing. Her deep thoughts consumed her and she even passed her house.

Brendan was still not home and probably wasn't going to be until it was time for dinner. She decided to listen to music since it had always helped her clear her mind. Her music taste was mostly pop, a couple of rock songs, but nothing to heavy. She plugged her iPod into the speaker that was in the kitchen and let it flow throughout the house. The girl really didn't have any friends, for she moved her in the summer with her brother. Brendan was suppose to go to college this year, but didn't because he felt like he needed a break of school. His mom was not happy about that, and she wasn't pleased with Brooke's decision to follow in his footsteps.

The brown eyed girl decided to just clean the house since she hadn't in a while. Brendan's room was beyond messy and Brooke dreaded when she had to pick up some of the clothes that were on the ground.

A couple hours later, she watched a movie and then started cooking dinner. Brendan soon came home as the pasta was just finishing up.

"I saw that you cleaned my room."

"Yeah, you're welcome." She said teasing.

"You seem happy." Brendan smiled at his little sister, and also cause the food tasted delicious.

"That's cause I am," Brooke shrugged. "I guess I haven't been like this for a while, huh?"

Brendan shook his head then went over to her, kissing her on the head. "Stay like this, I love seeing you smile. Anyways, is this because of Ryan?" A smirk was playing on his lips.

She shrugged again as she tried to keep herself from smiling, "maybe." A grin broke out on her brother's face. "Oh, and Ryan got tickets for the game tomorrow night. I was kind of hoping we could go."

"Yes! We are going!" Brendan shrieked like a little girl. They both then finished up their plates and decided to watch the Gophers vs. Bemidji game for the WCHA playoffs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, another!
So, this story is obviously up to date, exactly. And I just want to say that Brooke and Brendan are from Minnesota. So yeah!

Outfit (lunch with Ryan)

On the personal side, today has been a great day of hockey. All my teams won. So that's amazing!