The Poet Sings

five

For the next few days, both Brooke and Brendan had been very cautious, barley going outside unless absolutely necessary, and sleeping in the living room together. The guys have invited to a game, but they turned them down. They couldn't risk getting caught on t.v. or something, then having Matt come and find them. He was just that weird and creepy that he would dedicate his whole spring break on trying to find them. The Oilers were now going to go on a road trip soon, so they wouldn't be around for the whole week.

Sitting in the house all day was very boring to Brooke. She painted her nails the one day, and tried different hair styles the next day. It was still boring to her.

She opened the freezer, wanting to get some ice cream. The brunette groaned when she saw that there was none left.

"Brendan," she shouted, "I'm going to get some ice cream at the store. Be back in ten!" She then grabbed her coat and put on her shoes.

At the store Brooke scanned the freezer for her favorite ice cream. Once she grabbed the tub of mint chocolate chip, she turned around and headed down the isle to the checkout. It was dead there and the only thing someone could hear was the soft music in the background.

A giant hand clamped over Brooke's mouth. Her eyes went wide in fear as she tried to scream for help.

"It's okay, buttercup." A familiar voice said from behind her, stroking her hair with his slimy hand. Matt.

Brooke tried to scream and shout to get someone to notice them.

"Shut up!" He whispered. "You exit with me like you came here with me, got it? You don't make a scene or I swear I'll kill you amd your stupid brother and hockey friends."

She was to scared to refuse, so the only thing she could do was agree and nod her head.



Brendan tapped his foot as he leaned against the kitchen counter. It was already thirty minutes after Brooke left, and he was getting a bit anxious. Maybe there was just a really long line. Or maybe the store didn't have want she wanted, so she went somewhere else. Or maybe there was traffic. He then shook his head and grabbed his keys, and quickly ran to the car.

Once he arrived in the parking lot, he noticed that Brooke's car was still there. Brendan rushed into the store and ran everywhere, but he couldn't find her. Feelings swirled around him and he slightly got dizzy as he tried to find a worker to ask them questions. He went up to the lady at the cash register.

"Did you see a girl here? Dark brown hair, brown eyes. About 5'6?"

The lady chomped on her gum for a moment. Brendan was about to take that piece and chuck it across the store. "Yeah, I did. She left with a guy."

Brendan rose his eyebrows, telling her to give details about the male.

"He had black hair, and light green eyes. I'd say maybe your height or an inch taller. Buff too."

His eyes went wide and he muttered a quick thanks before sprinting to his car. He thought about telling the police, knowing that they would help, but he didn't want to get media attention. A missing girl would. Brendan pulled out his phone and dialed Taylor's number.

"Hey Brendan!" He shouted.

On the other side, Brendan swallowed. "We, uh, have a problem. Get some of the guys, we'll need as much as we can."

"What happened? Is it bad?"

"I'll be at your house in a couple of minutes."

Once he got to the house, they door swung open before he even got out of his car. He was ushered inside and saw about ten of the guys there, sitting there in the living room. Ryan stood up.

"Is there something wrong with Brooke?!"

Brendan sighed and ran a hand over his face. "She went to the store about an hour ago. When she was wasn't home I went to the store and the worker said she was walking out with a guy. The worker described him, and it was an exact description of her ex, Matt."

"So, he took her? How do you know that she just like, wasn't going over to his place or something?"

He shook his head at Jordan. "Matt.. he was.. abusive. Brooke would never go back to that dick. We moved out here so she could get away from him. He called her some days ago, saying that he was up here with some of his buddies. Looking for her."

The guys' faces twisted and a washed of horror.

"We'll help." Nail said, standing up. "We need to get her safe." Everyone nodded. "So, do you have a picture of this tool?"

Brendan thought, then decided to look on his Facebook page. He opened his profile picture. "He can't possibly know his way around town and the area. I mean, where would he go? He doesn't have a house or anything like that."

"So he must be at his hotel then, right?"

Brendan sighed again and ran a hand through his hair, "I just don't know where he would possibly be staying."



Matt drove to this tiny motel somewhere in Edmonton. He then led her inside and shut the door behind him.

"Strip." He commanded.

"Matt, you know that I'm not going to do that.. especially here." Her face lightly showed disgust.
"Strip, bitch!" And he slapped her.

Her eyes filled with tears as her cheek began stinging fiercely. She knew she had too, otherwise Matt would do things to not just only her. But her friends, and she knew he could even get his hands on those hockey players. Even though he wouldn't stand a chance.

Brooke started taking off her clothes piece by piece, regretting everything. Matt stood off to the side, drinking a bottle of bear and texting someone on his phone. Sad thing was, it was probably another girl who fell for his charm that he would lay on thick when he met a girl. She felt her phone in her back pocket and her eyes widened. Before she took off her pants, she asked to use this bathroom.

Matt rolled his eyes, "whatever. Make it quick though!" He was so stupid.

Once she closed the door, she quickly sent out a text.

At some motel in Edmonton. Idk the name. HELP. PLEASE HURRY!

She knew Brendan would get it, she also knew that he was probably looking everywhere for her, and was probably with the guys.



Brendan read the message and yelled out to the guys that he was in the car with. He told the message to everyone.

"There's a lot of motels in the area. It's hard to say which one." Jordan shook his head and continued driving down the road.

"I'll tell the guys about it." He called the other two cars that were filled with the players. He explained the car Matt had, and told him to look for it at any motels. Nail looked on his phone at all of them in the area.

Ryan's phone went off in the middle of everything. "Who is it?" Nail asked.

"Uhh.." he trailed off, "Melanie." Nail's face scrunched up and he turned back to his own phone. Ryan answered it.

"Ryan! I'm so excited about tonight!"

He swallowed and looked around, knowing that the guys could all hear what she had just said. "Yeah, about that. Something really important came up and I can't tonight." Nail shot him an approving smile.

Melanie complained about how she really wanted them to go out, so she could make it up for hurting him and everything. And all Ryan did was respond and say that what he was doing was 1,000 times more important.

"Whatever. I don't even know why I waste my time on you anyways. Zach was way better." A sharp pain poked Ryan in the chest as he hung up the phone. He mouth 'wow' and looked out the window. He had to find Brooke. He needed to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yikes.

Well, I'm going to Florida on Tuesday for a week. So sadly, no updates. ..... maybe at night though. I'm addicted to writing at night. I'll try to write as many chapters as I can so I could just space them out through out the week.

Thanks to 33 subscribers!