The Poet Sings

seven

"Babe, I'm home!" Ryan called as he opened the door to the giant house.

Brooke rushed down the stairs to meet her husband. "How was your trip down south?" She wrapped him in a hug. He pecked her on the lips before saying,

"good, we won all of our games but one. Shouldn't you know that?" He rose his eyebrows and laughed.

Brooke joined in then said, "of course I watched your games. Finn is literally jumping everyday when it's game day." Just then, the little tike came running down the stairs at full speed.

"Daddy!" He jumped into Ryan's arms. "I miss you so much! Next time you leave for a road trip can me and Mama come with?! And then," he jumped down from his dad's arms, "Sydney can be with too!" He put his tiny hand on Brooke's growing stomach.

Ryan knelt down and kissed her stomach-

Brooke shot up from the bed, sweat dripping down the side of her face. Her body felt like it was on fire. What made her have a dream as crazy as that? She looked at her nightstand and saw an empty glass of chocolate milk. Ah, that must be it. And she went back into a peaceful slumber.



The brunette jogged down the pavement of a little trail that was by the park. Snow had just been starting to melt, so Brooke thought it was a good time to start jogging again. Her breath showed in white puffs, indicating actually how cold it was, but she didn't mind. She was used to having to run in the cold. Her mind kept going back to the dream she had in the night about Ryan. Sure, he was a nice, and good looking, but did she really like him like that? Honestly, Brooke's never thought about him like that.

She shook her head and continued to run.

Once she returned home, she remembered that some of the players were coming over to their place since they're arriving back home in a few hours. Brendan was cooking some dip sauce for chips, which is very weird since he was never the one cooking. It was usually Brooke.

"Why are you cooking? Should I tell the guys that you made it and to be cautious?"

He stuck his tongue out at her. "Ha ha. Very funny. And I just thought that you needed to rest still."

Brooke rolled her eyes and climbed the stairs so she could take a shower. She was frustrated; Brendan had been acting like that for three days. He would barley let her do anything, and told her that she needed a rest. She was surprised that her brother actually let her go running this morning. The brunette turned on the shower and stripped out of her clothes.

When she washed away all the sweat from her body, she went back down stairs to at least help out with everything. Brendan only let her clean the house because he didn't want to do it. It was a boring and slow day, just like the last few though. Having the guys around gave her energy and entertainment with her life. They let her come out of her shell in a couple days max. And no one has every done that or had that effect on Brooke. They had also been giving Brendan 'guy time', or at least that's what they called it. He gets to play video games, or just talk to them about guy stuff that he hasn't been able to do in the past few months. Of course it was hockey players that did that.

Around the time 6:00 rolled around, guys were coming in. Brooke greeted all of them with a smile and hug. They sat in the living room when they got there because it was Rivalry Night Wednesday, so the Bruins and Habs were playing. Not that really any of the guys cared since they were in the East Conference. Well, Nail was cheering for the Canadiens since his friend, Alex Galchenyuk, played for them.

"Nice to see you." Brooke almost dropped her glass of pop she was holding.

"Hey, Ryan." She hugged him with one arm. "How was your trip?"

He scrunched up his face, which Brooke thought was cute. Wait, what?

"Horrible."

"You won and lost one though! How was that bad?"

Because you weren't there with me..

Instead, he just shrugged and looked down at his water. "Well, I guess it wasn't to bad." Brooke nodded, then put a hand up to her head. Her hand was wet.

"It's hot in here, wanna go outside?" She fanned herself to be dramatic.

Ryan laughed and took her hand and led her outside onto the porch.

The two stood in silence for a bit, mostly getting used to the temperature change. Brooke was still hot, and she had a feeling she may be getting sick. Or it was just that there was twenty-five people in their tiny home, all yelling and tackling each other. Ryan started the conversation up first.

"So, was he the reason you were shy at first?"

Brooke looked at him confused, then it finally clicked. "Oh, yeah I guess so. I mean, I didn't know who you guys were. I didn't know what you were capable of." She shrugged simply. "Guess you guys are alright."

They both laughed for a few second. Then Ryan's attitude changed. "A guy should never hurt a girl like that." He looked over at her, she was staring straight ahead, listening. "You know I would never do that to you."

"I know," she whispered and turned to him. "You're to nice." Just then, she realized how beautiful he actually was. The moon shining down on them, emphasized his brown eyes. His dark hair flopped to the side, and his lose fitting shirt with jeans. She had to kiss him. Just lean in and kiss him. They stared at each other for what had to be about five minutes, but was broken when the sliding glass door opened.

"Whatta kids doing out here?" An obviously drunk Ales Hemsky asked. "Get to bed!"

Another day, another moment ruined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Ladyfiaran and Amber; for the comments!