Sequel: Don't Fall Back
Status: Completed! Update: Congrats to Colton on the 2-year extension with the Leafs!

Insane Love

XVII. Saturday, April 20th, 2013.

-Mia's POV-


"Go Leafs Go!"

"Go Leafs Go!"

"Go Leafs Go!" The continuous over-ruling chant at Scotiabank Place was incredibly loud.

It felt like a home game, as I looked around at all the other fans wearing blue and white. I was off-duty, but I came along to Ottawa, sitting in the stands with Lana and cheering on the boys. The atmosphere was amazing, the Leafs fans taking over, and erupting whenever something happened on the ice. The noise level was high, and it was perfectly acceptable, as the team was winning 3-1 in the third period.

The outcome of the game would determine whether we clinch the playoffs tonight. It was an important game, one that Leafs Nation would never forget. James Reimer was making monstrous saves, and the scoring opportunities we had were so close. Colton was playing physical, as always, roughing with Chris Neil and Matt Kassian. They were shouting at each other back and forth, intensifying the game and giving the fans more reasons to get loud.

Kassian and Frazer McLaren had fought earlier in the first period, so it made Colton eager to fight him as well. Frazer handled the fight, winning and giving us more energy.

Joffrey took the puck on his own, skating and dashing through the Sens defensemen, as the arena exclaimed. He went top-shelf, unassisted, scoring a well managed goal. He slammed against the boards, we all jumped up cheering, as he and Nazem hugged first.

"Atta fucking boy!" I clapped, on my feet like everyone else. I turned around to high-five the Leafs family behind us, as they celebrated as well. The goal gave us a 4-1 lead, with 2 minutes left to play. I had to bite back the tears that stung my eyes, along with all the other hardcore fans who could not believe the moment the was finally coming. Lana chuckled at my expression, but she understood that being a Leafs fan for so long was tough.

"Last minute of play in the third period." the announcer spoke, and the fans roared. We were all on our feet, as the top line was on the ice, handling the puck together.

Tyler to Phil, Phil to JvR, JvR to Phil, Phil to John-Michael, and the time was running out. I was screaming, speaking unclear words of joy.

The puck was fired down to our net from their blue line, but John-Michael Liles took it and let it slide nearby his side. 7 seconds.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..

The buzzer went off, and the tears of happiness were threatening to fall. We made the playoffs. I jumped and hugged Lana, mumbling and sobbing something in her ear. She laughed and cheered loud. We all clapped for the Leafs, as Lilesy picked up the puck, and handed it to Reims, who was the main reason we clinched.

I finally managed to regain my ability to speak normally. The players were heading out, along with the fans. Lana and I followed behind them, and we then waited near the tunnel by the locker room. I would have entered, but since it was a different city, I decided to stay out.

"Come!" Jordan grinned, motioning us to go closer and enter the visitor locker room. I returned the smile, and linked my arm with Lana's.

"The dream! Woooooooo!" Dion shouted, hollering, yelling Nazem's nickname. The boys were so excited, high-fiving each other, and they were stripping off their jerseys and equipment.

"Playoffs, baby, playoffs!" Cody exclaimed, throwing his hands up as they all got even louder.

I smiled, seeing Colton, Tyler and Phil on the left side of the locker room. I walked towards them, Lana following behind me. Colton saw me coming, and his smile instantly grew wider at my sight. I went on my toes slightly to reach up and kiss him. Though he was still wearing his protective gear under his uniform, he pulled me in for a hug. I didn't care about how sweaty he was or where we were, it just felt good to be in his arms again. When we broke apart from the hug, Tyler turned his attention over to Lana.

"Uh, hey," his voice was full of nervousness, and it made me chuckle.

"Hi," she smiled normally. "Great game tonight."

"Thanks," he scratched his head, a small blush forming on his cheeks.

"Mia!" Phil grinned, coming closer. "It's been so long."

Even though I hadn't been able to the boys in only a week, it felt like months. I was glad that the pain was almost 100% gone, so that I could return, which could be as soon as Wednesday in Tampa Bay. I had missed Phil and Tyler especially, two of my closest friends, for sure.

"Oh I'm sure you have lasted pretty well the last week," I hit his chest playfully. "Seven points in the last five games."

"Phil the thrill!" Joffrey shouted a few lockers from us, where he, Colton and Mark were chatting.

"You'd better be working every game from now on," Phil put his arm around my shoulder. I laughed, and then we both glanced at Bozie who looked awkward around Lana. He had stopped taking off his equipment, so he was halfway through. She looked comfortable, talking to him casually, as he was clearing his throat every once in a while.

"It's nice to see you again, Lana." Phil spoke, and winked at Tyler.

"Likewise," she responded while smiling bright.

I noticed Jordan and our equipment manager, Brian, piling up the sticks in the hall right outside the vistor's locker room, bunching them together and then tagging them on the cart. While everyone was talking, I excused myself away and headed towards him, to ask about the upcoming week. He saw me walking, and gave me a quick smile.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jord asked, curiously.

"Way better," I answered honestly.

"I'm not going to push you to come along on the trip if you're not one hundred percent okay," he replied.

"Trust me, the results came back and I'm clear." I responded happily, glad I could finally speak those words.

"Great! I'll tell Randy."

"Alright," I smiled.

The next two games were in Florida. One against the Lightning on Wednesday, and then another on Thursday versus the Panthers. The game after that was when we would return home, on Saturday, to finish the regular season off with the Canadiens.

Colton and all the others had already changed into their suits, discussing something amongst themselves. I walked back in and stood beside Lana and Colton, as he wrapped one arm around my waist.

"Well, we have to do something." Nazem said, in the middle of the conversation I had just joined.

"Do you guys remember the bar with like barely any people that we went to last time?" JvR asked.

"The one with that hot bartender chick?" Naz winked, as the rest of the boys smirked, in agreement.

"Mia, you coming tonight?" John-Michael switched gears. "Lana you should come, too."

"Thanks, but, I don't drink." she replied, politely, looking at the tall men.

"You should still come," Tyler's hands were on his hips, his black tie hanging down freshly around his neck.

"Well..." she glanced at me, and I shrugged, wanting to go but I would only do it if she also came. I wasn't the type of friend that would go drinking and leave her alone in this city.

"I'll be there." Lana smiled.

"Okay," Tyler smirked, and I could tell he was holding back his excitement.

"Alright, so what time should we all meet up there?" Joffrey asked.

"How 'bout in like an hour?" Colton questioned them.

"Ten sounds good," Dion nodded.

I didn't know which bar they were talking about, but the plans were made and Colton seemed to know where it was. When everyone separated, the wives and girlfriends getting together with some of the players, we went to the parking lot. The hotel wasn't too far away, so everyone arrived there quickly. My suitcase was full with the clothes I needed until next Saturday. I put on navy blue jeans, a zipped up black tanktop that would be considered inappropriate if Randy or Jordan were to see it. The zipper was yellow, giving me a nice print, and it showed off my breasts. I finished the outfit off with black flats and my white purse.

It was time to get on the road and meet the rest of the players at the bar. The drive was quiet, but it was comfortable. Colton was focused while listening to his GPS for directions, and Lana was sitting in the back seat. It was dark out, two hours before midnight, but the tall buildings had their lights shining.

When we arrived, I linked my fingers with Colton's, and Lana walked beside me. We entered the bar, with dim lights and brown tables. The booths were fairly large, fitting six people. The place wasn't too packed, so I understood why the players decided to come here. Privacy didn't seem to be an issue.

"Over here!" Tyler raised his hand from one of the tables on the left side. He was facing us, and then Phil, Nazem, Mark, JvR, Frazer, Dion, Joffrey, Cody and John-Michael all turned to see who he was waving at. They were all wearing their after-game suits. Elisha wore black jeans and a loose purple shirt, while Cheryl wore blue jeans and a tight black tank-top. Elisha was sitting on the chair beside Dion, while Cheryl was sitting in between Joffrey and her.

"Hey guys," Colton nodded slightly, smiling. Bozie patted the chair beside him, and Colton sat down, as I sat next to him with Lana beside me as well. Everyone had a beer in front of them, and they were almost full, so I knew we weren't really that late.

"I'll go get you guys some drinks," Dion stood up. "It's on me, tonight."

"Budweiser for me," Colton requested.

"Coors Light," I spoke. "Thanks Dion."

"No problem, and for you?" he looked at Lana.

"Just a Coca Cola, please." she smiled.

"Alright, I'll be back." he said before leaving and heading up to the counter, where the bartender was replacing the bowl of peanuts with pretzels.

"Randy said that he's giving us the day off tomorrow," John-Michael smiled. "Sunshine State, baby."

"Well, I'm going fishing. The best in Tampa Bay." Tyler chuckled.

When Dion came back with our drinks, they began talking about their plans for the next few off-days. Dion took Elisha's seat, and she exchanged spots with him so that she was beside Cheryl, and Lana was in between me and Cheryl, now.

"Hey, how's everything?" Elisha leaned over and asked me, starting our own conversation while the boys talked.

"Great, how 'bout you?" I asked her.

"Pretty good," she smiled.

"Have you and Dion picked a date yet?" I glanced at the diamond engagement ring on her finger, and winked.

"Not officially, but we're thinking about August." she said, happily.

"I can't wait," I grinned.

"What about you and Colton?" Cheryl beamed nicely, speaking quietly although the boys were still involved in a different topic. "Do you think he'll pop the question?"

My grin had turned into a round shape, my mouth was open and I didn't know how to reply. I looked at Lana, and her eyes were glued to mine as well. She was smiling, and not helping me by giving me some sort of backup. "Uh, um, I don't think we're there." I managed to say.

"Why? You guys are perfect." Elisha winked.

"I.. Well, thanks," I laughed lightly. "I just.. I don't know, we haven't been together for that long."

"But you've been through so much," Cheryl smiled knowingly.

I didn't say anything back, I just raised an eyebrow and smiled back faintly. I gulped some of my beer down, holding the bottle in my hand and not taking it away from my mouth. I continued drinking, hoping they would talk about something else. My mind was rushing, thinking about what they said. I didn't even know how I would react if he actually did ask me. It's way too early, shut up! He's not even thinking about it.

"So, Lana, do you and Tyler have a thing?" Cheryl asked her.

With her Coke in her left hand, she chuckled. "No, of course not. We're just friends."

"Yeah, for now." I murmured, but knew they heard me.

"Mia," Lana faced me. "No." But I swear I saw her cheeks turn the lightest shade of red.

"I've seen the way he looks at you.." Elisha winked.

Lana shook her head, not believing us. She never talked about Tyler, but she was always quiet. I had only ever seen her date someone once, and that was in high school. She was too independent sometimes, only focusing on work. I didn't even think I would approve of Tyler being with her. He was wild, a hockey player, party-animal, the type that slept with puck bunnies everywhere. He was a great close friend, but the truth is the truth. But then again--those are the things I once said about Colton.

Time flew by, beers came in, and we grew tired.

Frazer, Cody and Mark had to call a cab, and Elisha drove Dion to the team's hotel. Cheryl also took the wheel even though Joffrey wasn't drunk, she wanted to be safe. Nazem, Phil, James, John-Michael, Tyler and Colton only had a few beers each, to my surprise, so they were sober enough. Once mostly everyone started heading out, it was only Lana, Tyler, Colton and I. We stepped out of the bar, shivering at first because of the cool night.

"What time is it?" Tyler stretched out, arching backward for a moment.

"Almost twelve," Lana answered, glancing at her iPhone.

"Are you good to drive?" I asked both Colton and Bozie.

"I am, but I don't know about this guy." Colton laughed.

"I'm fine," Ty tried to stand still.

"Yeah, no, I'm calling you a cab." I began digging for my phone in my purse.

"I can drive you, if you'd be okay with that?" Lana questioned, helping him out.

Tyler's eyes instantly sparked, and he smiled bright. "Uh, yeah, yes, alright."

"Okay, we'll meet you guys at the hotel." she said to us, grabbing his car keys.

"Do you know the way there?" I asked quickly.

"My GPS is on," Tyler spoke.

"Alright, let's go." Lana opened the door, stepping inside his Audi which was in front of Colton's Mercedes on the curb.

As Tyler was about to start walking to the passenger side, I stopped him. "I swear if you try to pull anything on her, I'll kill you."

"Hey," he put his hands up, surrendering, but also smirking. "I won't do anything, I promise."

"She's going back to Toronto in the morning before our flight to Tampa. If she's not in my room tonight and in the morning, I will hunt you down." I threatened.

"Okay, okay," he said in between his laughs. He winked and then walked over to the passenger side of his car, as I did the same.

While stepping inside, I called out, "Hands to yourself!" Then I closed the car door, buckling my seat-belt as Colton laughed and started the car.

It took half an hour to reach our returning destination, just as long as it took to get to the bar. He parked the car beside Nazem's and Tyler's, and we both got out. I glanced up at the hotel sign, which was arched, and the roof over the large entrance doors was wide. The lights under it were familiar. I knew which hotel it was. It was the same one the team always checks into, and also the same one where Colton saw me with Kyle.

He wrapped one arm around my waist, and we walked up to the front doors. It was past midnight, and we quietly took the elevator up to the ninth floor after nodding at the lobby-men. My room was down the long hall, #123, and Colton's was #109 which he shared with Frazer.

"Did you have a good time tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah, you?" I rubbed my thumb on his hand, were most of our fingers were laced together gently.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"I guess I'll see you in the morning," I sighed.

He put his hand on my cheek, and leaned back against the wall. "Okay.." he smiled lightly. "Goodnight babe."

"G'nite." I went on my toes and kissed him tenderly. I opened my eyes, and gave him a small smile, before heading down the hall to my room.

I tried not to make noise, knowing that most of the players and staff were asleep in this area. Once I pulled the door handle, I glanced at my right, looking at Colton who smiled once more from the far distance and then disappeared into his room.

When I stepped inside my room, Lana was already under the covers, sleeping. I smiled to myself, glad that Tyler didn't do anything stupid. I tip toed around the room to my suitcase, and took off my feather earrings, placing them in one of the pockets. My purse vibrated, and I carefully took my phone out, trying not to make noise.

Colton: Mark texted me saying that Frazer fell asleep in his room bc he passed out......

I practically giggled. I was smiling at my bright phone in the dark room, and began typing on the touch screen. i can't just leave Lana here, she's asleep. Shortly after, it vibrated again.

Colton: Leave her a note or something?

I bit my bottom lip, looking back at her as she still slept silently. I put my phone back in my purse, without replying. I stood up, one hand on my hip, and the other one tapping my cheek. I reached for the napkin on the nightstand, and picked up the blue pen.

I'm in Colton's room. I'm sorry for leaving, I'll try to be back as soon as I wake up. I'll buy you a coffee, okay? Goodnight and good morning! Love you, -Mia.


I left the napkin on the nightstand, putting the lid back on the pen. I tiptoed across the room, slowly pulling the handle and then closing the door behind me. Once the mission was accomplished, I sighed, and turned to my right.

I could see him leaning against the wall on his left shoulder, ankle crossed over his other knee, and his arms folded. He had a smirk that I could see all the way from where I stood. I grinned, then bit my bottom lip. Without even replying to his text, he knew I would go to him. He knew me too well.

I started walking, not taking my eyes off of him. It would be impossible to try and remove the thoughts in my head. He looked so good in the black suit and matching tie. Fuck, the things I'm gonna do to him..

Just as I picked up my speed, one of my black flats slipped off and tumbled behind me. Colton snickered loudly and bursted out laughing. I walked on one bare foot, and picked it up. I rolled my eyes, but giggled as well. We tried hard to keep quiet, but it had ruined the moment, and we couldn't stop laughing about it.

With the black shoe in my hand, I looked like I was limping on my bare foot, which made him crack even more. I was getting closer to him, but I heard a door open behind me. Once I saw Colton quickly pause and stand up straight, I turned around to see who it was.

"You two! Again!" Randy pointed at us, yelling. He was wearing his blue robe, squinting at the hallway lights. "Do you have any idea what time it is!?" Carlyle whispered loudly. Beneath it all, I could tell by his expression, he found it amusing.

I quickly rushed down the hall, practically running, as Colton hurried me towards him. As I was almost sprinting with a shoe in my hand, another door opened wide.

"What's going on?" Phil mumbled, and peered his head out the door.

"Fire drill?" Tyler joked, popping out behind Phil into the hall as well. He and Kess snickered, high-fiving each other.

"Nah, it's just Colton and Mia again. No surprise." Nazem was standing in his pajamas, arms crossed, grinning from the room beside Phil and Tyler.

"Go to your rooms!" Randy snapped, but it was hard to take him seriously when he was laughing too.

I buried my head in Colton's chest, as he wrapped one arm around my back, pulling me closer. I looked back at everyone, still joking around as Randy yelled at them. Colton called out, "Sorry guys, you can go back to sleep now!"

"Ooooh, Colts has a girl in his room." Phil winked.

I sighed as they all acted like kids, and I giggled while stepping behind Colton and pushing the handle so that the door was open. I tugged on the back of Colton's shirt, urging him to come.

"You, bed, now!" I heard Randy say. "And you!" With the snickers disappearing into the click of doors closing shut, I knew the hallway was clear. I felt embarrassed. My boss caught me and one of his players--again.

Colton closed the door, tickled me to the wall, and I dropped my shoe down. Once my back was pressed up against it, I tried to stop his hands from moving. I caught them, handcuffing them with my bare fingers for a moment. I brought my face up to his and I kissed him roughly. He reacted by untangling his hands from mine, and knotting his fingers in my hair.

I pulled back to catch a breath of air, and he began kissing my neck. He left a trail of kisses down my jaw and on my collar bone. I rubbed my hand through his hair as he did it. Our lips met again, adding tongue, and kissing with the amount of passion.

He put his hands on my breasts, feeling them on top of my shirt. He smiled, looking at the yellow zipper. I was glad I wore it. I bit my lip as he pulled it down slowly, gently, making me want him even more. Once Colton dragged it to the bottom of my tanktop, he smirked, seeing that I was not wearing a bra underneath--since the top itself had cups.

"Bad girl.." he whispered into my ear. It sent chills down my spine. My head fell back against the wall as he brought his lips to my nipples. I got goosebumps, butterflies in my stomach, and it all felt good.

As much as I wanted him to keep doing it, I didn't want him to tease me like this. I wrapped both my arms around his neck, and my legs met behind his back. We kissed, not letting our lips leave each other. We wrestled to the bed, and he towered on top of me. I helped him take off his tie, and he threw his shirt and suit jacket on the ground.

We made a pile of clothes beside the bed, until we were both naked under the covers. He put on the condom, and kissed me once more. With a gentle thrust at first, he entered me. I exhaled a deep breath of pleasure.

He placed his hands on the pillow, and rocked in the motion. Every time he went inside of me, my breathing increased. I bit my bottom lip, wanting to scream, but not wanting to wake the entire building up. His dick was hard, and every inch of it was banging into me. He knew exactly the way I wanted it. His speed grew faster, and he thrusted harder.

"Oh God," he breathed against my neck, continuing to fuck me the way he pleased. I had never felt such a strong desire in my life.

"Ohhh.." I moaned. I could feel sweat building up, and it was getting hotter by the second. He was using his force, thrusting into me to the point where he groaned.

He swore, and cursed, and we both moaned. His forehead was against mine, now, and we looked at each other. The bed was moving along with us, and I was arriving closer to my peak.

"Fuck! Colton!" I yelled, digging my fingers into his shoulder blades. I was almost screaming unclear words, mumbling what ever managed to come out of my mouth.

When we both came, we kissed harshly once more. He took the condom off, and I tried to regain my normal breathing pace. I laid flat on the bed, biting on my bottom lip. I faced him as he climbed back in under the covers, and grinned. He smiled, leaning closer and kissing me gently. I cuddled closer to him, as he rubbed his fingers on my back softly. He glanced down at me, shifting slightly, making me look up at his eyes too.

"I don't think you know how happy you make me." he said quietly.

My lips turned into a light smile. I melted at his words. He had the ability to make me feel better than I ever had. Being able to call him mine was enough to keep me happy. "I love you." I whispered.

"Me too." he replied calmly and kissed my forehead. We stayed silent for the next seconds. Then, Colton's voice was below a whisper--almost as if he hoped and thought I wouldn't hear it, and so he spoke, "Always will."
♠ ♠ ♠
(Comments = faster updates)

Check out my other story. It features a bunch of the Leafs but it's concentrated on Nazem Kadri, Matt Frattin, Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk the most.

'Inevitable' ft. Nazem Kadri