Sequel: Don't Fall Back
Status: Completed! Update: Congrats to Colton on the 2-year extension with the Leafs!

Insane Love

XVIII. Thursday, May 9th, 2013.

-Colton's POV-


"That's a wrap," Randy blew the whistle. "Flight is tonight at six, don't be late, I won't come looking for you." He joked, receiving a round of laughs from all of us.

"If only he was kidding.." Phil murmured as Tyler and I skated close to him, approaching the bench.

"You're probably gonna fall asleep in the car ride to the airport, anyway." I smirked.

"Oh that's not probable," Tyler took off one of his gloves as we walked through the tunnel, into our dressing room of MasterCard Center. "It's happened before."

"Shut up Bozie," Phil swatted the back of Ty's leg with his stick.

Jordan, Randy, Scott, and Brian collected our sticks and placed them in the bin. After a quick shower, I changed into my gray North Face hoodie and jeans with blue Nike shoes. We zipped up our equipment bags and began heading out of the practice arena.

Being able to regroup after a playoff loss is one of the toughest things to do. Yesterday's 4-3 overtime loss at home made us train even more, even harder, and it was bound to be worth it. It gave the Bruins a 3-1 series lead, so Game 5 tomorrow would be one of the do or die games coming up. I was still upset about us giving up the final goal with less than 10 minutes in overtime. But, we had to regroup and be prepared for a comeback tomorrow night in Boston.

I threw my hockey bag onto the passenger seat, and buckled up. I turned on the radio to TSN 1050. I pulled out of the parking lot, and got on the main road ahead. Hearing the famous voice, I immediately raised the volume.

"They're up against a really good opponent, a team that's just two years removed from winning the Cup, but any time you can win a Game 5 in that situation against a team of that caliber, obviously you've got character and it builds even more character," Wayne Gretzky was speaking to LeBrun. "They're legit. They're playing on high-emotion right now."


"It's about believing in your system. The system starts with the head coach," added Gretzky. "It's not a question of players saying, Are we sure he knows what he's doing? Because they're absolutely positive he knows what he's doing. The credibility starts right there with the coach."


I stretched my arms out when stopping at the red light. I arched my back a little, feeling a bit sore from practice. I put my hands back on the wheel, stepping on the gas when the light switched to green. They were asking him questions about our success so far this season, and he was answering them, going on to talk about Reimer as well.

"There was so much talk throughout the hockey world wondering if their goaltending was strong enough to get through the season and get into the playoffs," Wayne continued. "I think their goaltender has answered that question extremely well."


"You know, they're still young and they're still learning," said Gretzky. "This is how you learn, by getting a chance to play in big games like tomorrow."


I reached my driveway, going up near the garage, where Mia's car was parked in front of the second garage door. I was glad she was still here, since I didn't get a chance to talk to her because she was asleep when I had to get up early.

I slipped the key through the hole, opening the front door and shutting it behind me. I placed my keys on the small side table by the indent where the coat room was, and dropped my equipment bag down. I walked ahead and turned to my right to the living room, where I saw Mia sitting cross legged on the leather couch. She was facing me, smiling, with a cup in her hands and not paying attention to Ellen on TV.

"Good morning," she tilted her head up as I came closer.

"Morning babe." my index finger traveled under her chin and I pressed my lips on hers softly.

"How was practice?" she asked while sipping her creamy coffee.

"Good," I made my way to the cushion beside her on the loveseat. "I'm just a little sore."

"Is it because of what we did?" Mia grinned, turning her head to the left so she could look at my reaction.

I smirked and put my arm around on the headrest of the couch, reaching over her shoulder. I rubbed it gently in messy circles, bringing her closer to me. I knew she was referring to the sex we had. As soon as we drove from the ACC after the loss last night, my mood was brightened up for at least that half hour.

"You hungry?" she questioned, looking ahead at the TV.

"Kind of," I answered truthfully.

She kissed my cheek and got up, walking to the large kitchen. I followed behind her and she opened one of the white long cupboards. I leaned against the wall near the counter. She went on her toes, looking at the packages of Kraft Dinner, cake mix and chicken noodle soup cups that she had bought herself.

"Omelet?" Mia asked.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I folded my arms across my chest, leaning back more comfortably. I knew omelets were her favorite brunch food, so I expected her to say it.

She's pretty much done all the grocery shopping around here for the last two months. I smiled, watching her open another drawer and take out a spatula. Without having to guess where it was. She opened the fridge and took out the brown eggs, green onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.

When Mia turned around to place the frying pan on the flat stove, she caught me looking directly at her moves. She raised her eyebrow, "Yes?"

"Hm?" It shook me out of my deep thought. "Nothing."

She turned her attention back over to the food, and started slicing and chopping the vegetables. She cracked an egg and it let loose on the pan. I could not help but keep smiling. I loved having her here. I felt like she loved being here, as well, and she knew the place like it was her own.

After she fixed us two omelets, she placed the plates down on the marble kitchen island, beneath the two thin light stands that hung from the ceiling. The windows that started from the bottom of the floor, were close to us, and the early sun was shining in. We sat on the barstools beside each other, once she filled up two glasses of apple juice.

"I hope you like it," she said before digging in. I loved how she always waits for me to eat first. It was a habit of hers, and I never asked why she did it. Maybe it was just how she was raised, and I'd have to give credit to Terra and Tom for growing her to be polite.

"I do," I said with my mouth full. "Everything you make is good." I charmed, winking once she smiled at me.

I meant everything I felt. I was really considering asking her to stay here, but I wasn't sure about what she would say. Would she sell her house? Would she say no because she isn't ready? Maybe she doesn't want to be here, anyway.

"It's so nice out today," she swallowed a bite, glancing out the window where we had a view of the fountain in the backyard.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"You know how I said I wanted a garden?" she looked at me. She was talking about last month when she told me she wanted to use the grass space by the porch. "Well, I think we should go out later today and pick out some--"

"Move in with me." I blurted out. Her last word had overlapped with all of what I just spoken. Four words that I had been repeating in my head for a whole week. Move. In. With. Me.

"W-What?" she stuttered, looking at me with shock written over her face.

I placed my glass down on the island, and turned my whole body on the stool so I could be right in front of her. I pulled her hands closer, and she shifted on her stool as well. I held her hands, rubbing my thumbs on her knuckles.

"I want you to move in with me. Completely." I told her. She was so surprised, that I only saw her blink once. "I love how our cars meet up beside each other in the driveway after a game. I smile whenever I know that you're still here in the morning when I come back from practice, Mia."

Her lips curved into the sweetest smile she wore. I continued, "I want this to be your home too. I want my bed to be our bed." I breathed.

"Colton.." she said it so gently, still holding that warm smile.

"If you don't want to," I looked down at our hands which were tangled together softly. "I get it, I just want you to know that you're the reason I love coming home when you're here." I looked back at her, to see her biting on her bottom lip.

"I just.. are you sure?" Mia asked me.

"Oh," I chuckled. "I'm more than sure. But if you need time to think about this, I totally understand."

"If something.. were to happen between us.." she spoke carefully.

"Hey," I put my hand on her cheek, leaning in closer. "Don't think like that. I promise, I won't let anything bad happen."

She was quiet for a moment. She was thinking, still looking at me, but I knew she was busy. I hoped she would say what I wanted--no, needed to hear.

"Okay," Mia said quietly.

"Okay..?" I asked her to clarify what topic she was talking about.

"Okay, yes, I'll move in." she smiled and it quickly turned into a grin once she saw how excited I looked.

"Yes!" I pulled her in for a tight hug. She laughed against my chest, and I kissed her hair on the top of her head. I brought her onto my lap, and she wrapped her arms around my neck, letting her legs loose in the air over the ground.

"I hope you know this means that Kabby will be living here, as well." she pressed her forehead against mine, rubbing her nose with mine playfully. "Same with his cat food, toys, and litter box."

"Lucky for you, me and him get along." I smiled as we both stared at each other warmly.

"Are you sure you're not gonna get jealous again?' she laughed.

"Like how you got when I talked to Donna at the hotel?" I smirked, remembering our first night together.

She then rested her hands on my shoulders, opening her mouth wide and squinted her eyes at me. "You remember her name?" she cocked her head to the side.

"God, not this again." I sighed, rolling my eyes and still keeping my hands behind her back so she was comfortable on my lap.

We both chuckled, joking around with each other. She hit my chest gently, before leaning in and letting me put my hand behind her neck. I kissed her, her lips almost disappearing into my mouth. After we broke apart from it, it was only a brief second before we kissed again, even longer than before.

When we pulled away again, I pushed a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "So, should we go and get the flowers?" she questioned.

"Yeah, sure." I blinked.

She slid off my lap, stepping on the ground again. I got off the stool and stood close to her as I helped gather the plates, forks, and glasses. We placed them in the sink and then went back to the living room.

She grabbed her purse, putting it over her shoulder, and then clicking the power button on the remote to turn off the TV. I kept my hands in my pockets, watching her as she put the remote on the coffee table beside her mug. It's practically already her house.

Mia flipped her hair back with her fingers, and it fell back perfectly into shape, where she had divided it into two sections. Most girls couldn't pull it off, but her natural wavy-at-the-front but straight-at-the-back hair looked great.

"When are you planning on officially, you know, putting your place up for sale?" I asked as we got outside, heading down the stone path to the driveway.

"Soon," she flashed me another smile.

Before she went to the passenger side, I gently grabbed her arm and pulled her closer once more when we stood in front of my car by the closed garage door. I wrapped my arms around her back and kissed her lips. "The sooner the better." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, although The Great One said those things on May 11th, I couldn't help but put the quotes in this chapter. There are 3 (at the MAX) chapters left, unless we still stay in the playoffs for Round 2. As soon as this story is over, a sequel will be made. But don't worry, Insane Love is still not finished of course but I'm just letting you know about what's ahead! :)
PS.. If you want, you can take a peek at the sequel now and subscribe: Don't Fall Back

Check out my new story that I made for a contest (one-shot): Right Time- Cody Franson.