Sequel: Don't Fall Back
Status: Completed! Update: Congrats to Colton on the 2-year extension with the Leafs!

Insane Love

XIX. Tuesday, May 14th, 2013.

-Mia's POV-


I was kneeling down on my knees, crouching over the flower pots outside that we bought a couple of days ago. The weather was hot enough for me to be wearing my high-waist red shorts with a thin white tank top. Even though my hair was pulled back and up in a ponytail, I still felt like I would melt in any second.

The garden was almost ready. I had removed all of the weeds and dead grass from the area, dug the holes, all a few centimeters apart from each other. I had placed stones and rocks on the edges of the planned garden design which was in front of the porch. One of the few steps left to do, was to now plant the seeds, along with some of the already grown flowers.

Colton and the boys were cleaning their lockers, emptying their dressing rooms and waving goodbye to the ACC for the year. The heartbreaking Game 7 loss in Boston last night in overtime killed them. Everything was planned out, Maple Leaf Square was roaring, we were supposed to be playing the Rangers next round, and then it all collapsed late in the third period. It was 4-1. For the first time, I wasn't able to comfort him. The plane ride back to Toronto was silent. They had so much confidence after winning both Game 5 and 6.

The fact that this could be the last season for some of them just makes me feel sick. Eight minutes left, 4-2. Tyler was hurt on Friday, and I had to fill out his injury report that evening. We confirmed it to be a bicep injury. It hurt the team, as well. Struggling to win faceoffs against one of the best center's in the league, Bergeron, the Leafs just couldn't go on any longer. Boston got their sixth player on after pulling Rask, 4-3.

I could tell how frustrated they were with five minutes left. So unbearably frustrated. Colton was tense, hitting everything in sight--including Chara. The energy level swooped down for us with practically forty seconds left, 4-4. I hated the nail-biting intermission before "sudden death overtime." I was scared, my goosebumps were getting goosebumps, but I had to believe in whatever Randy was telling them.

It all ended when Boston took it 5-4 in overtime.

I brushed my palms together, removing the bits of dirt and soil that had stuck to my hands. I finished burying the yellow roses. Thirty of them, lined up perfectly against the bottom of the porch. On the right side of them, were my favorite white tulips. The lilac bushes on both ends of the garden made it pop out in the huge yard. It was gorgeous.

I was so proud of the result. I stood up on my feet, putting the clean backs of my hands on my hips, admiring my own accomplishment. It definitely brightened up the place. Yes, the fresh-cut grass, swan shaped fountain, the comfy sofa-lawn chairs, with a glass table under a large overhead umbrella on the dark wooden porch looked good, but I think my garden made it better. If you asked me.

I picked up my gardening tools and headed for the shed by the white picket fence. After putting them back, I took off my shoes by the back door and walked to the bathroom to wash my hands. I used the small rectangle bar of honey scented soap, cleaning every part of my palms and fingers thoroughly. Thankfully, I didn't have to change my outfit since it didn't get dirty.

Back in the living room, I glanced at my iPhone laying on the couch. I grabbed it and tapped the screen, seeing that I had one missed call from Zoe, twelve minutes ago. I sat down and re-dialed, waiting as it rang repeatedly.

"Mia!" Zoe answered.

"Hey, sorry I was outside finishing the garden."

"It's fine," she said quickly. "Can we meet up somewhere? I need to tell you something!"

"Okay, sure," I replied. "Do you wanna come over to Colton's?"

"I.."

"It's my house too, now." My lips curved up in a smile. I was pacing around the room with one arm folded across my chest, the other one holding the phone against my ear. It felt so good to call this place mine.

"Wait--what!?"

"I'll explain soon,"

"Okay, I have so much to tell you!" she said excitedly.

When we ended the call, I sat back down on the couch, sighing. I was biting on my bottom lip to stop myself from grinning. My real estate agent, Debbie, already took pictures of the rooms and the yard. She informed me that my house was on the website for people who are looking to buy, plus, the For Sale sign was up. I still haven't gathered my things and moved officially, but I will as soon as next week. And I literally cannot wait.

I was so surprised when Colton asked me, that I couldn't even get words to come out of my throat. I was glad that we're moving forward with this relationship, and moving in together would definitely help. The doorbell rang, shaking me out of my thoughts. I wondered what Zoe was so happy about, and her reaction when I opened the door made the image I had of her screaming over the phone clear.

"Hey!" she ran with her arms open wide, and hugged me.

"Hello," I laughed. I closed the door and we both walked over to the couch, sitting so we could face each other.

"Okay, so," she began, not sitting still in her seat. "Mike took me out on the roof of a restaurant downtown last night and someone was playing the violin, and I didn't know why he was doing it only to us, right? So, and then.." she was tearing up, tears of joy and happiness watering her eyes.

"And then..." I slowly started to guess what happened.

With her right hand over her mouth, she lifted her left hand up, palm facing down, flashing the diamond ring on her finger. My mouth opened, and I started screaming and almost jumped onto my feet. It was beautiful. The shimmering jewel was standing out, the round ring fit perfectly, like it was all meant to be.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back. When we pulled back once more, I took another look at the ring.

"Thank you! Ahh! We're thinking about having the wedding as soon as July." she sobbed, happily, cheerfully, sounding more than thankful Mike had finally asked her to marry him.

"I can't wait!"

"I want you and Lana to be my bridesmaids." she spoke, smiling at me. "And the bachelorette party is going to be amazing."

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. We hugged again, sharing the moment of our long lasting friendship.

"Now you have to tell me about what you said over the phone!" she pulled back, and glanced around the house, grinning.

"On Thursday he asked me to move in," I explained, receiving a happy shriek from her. "Yesterday, the real estate agent put my house up for sale. She said it's only a matter of time until someone is interested in buying."

"Have you started moving your stuff here?"

"I will soon," I replied. "Most of my clothes were already here, anyway." I smirked.

I heard the front door crack open, and I turned my head around to see a shadow coming closer to the sunlight. He placed his equipment bag down by the wall near the coat room, where he always left it. I had grown getting used to his habits. Once he saw us, Colton walked over in our direction, sporting his green T-shirt and black sweatpants.

"Hey Zoe." he smiled.

"Hi Colton," she responded nicely, and glanced at me.

He looked at us back and forth, standing a couple feet away, just beside the red rug. We returned the stare, and he began to look more uncomfortable. "Um.. should I leave?" he asked.

"Oh, no! I was just leaving," she laughed, standing up. "I was just sharing the news.. I'm getting married this Summer!"

"Woah!? Congratulations!" he came closer and hugged her.

"Thanks, and I'm hoping to see both you and Tyler there." she grinned. "I'm gonna have to call Brownie, as well."

Colton's face instantly lit up even brighter. He was definitely happy for her, and I knew there was nothing he wanted more than to see his best friend again. She told him some more details about where she was planning on having the wedding, the types of food and drinks and music and flowers. When Zoe told us she was heading out to break the news to Lana, too, we said our goodbyes and I closed the door once she left.

I turned around to see Colton nowhere, I peered my head into the kitchen, and then started to wonder if he went upstairs. But then I saw him through the long glass window, standing on the porch, his back facing me. I met him there by wrapping my arms around his chest so my head was against his back shoulder blades, as I rose higher on my toes.

I felt him chuckle, and put his hands over mine. He slowly turned around, curiously, put his fingers under my chin, and I kept my hands on his back. "The garden is almost as beautiful as you." he smirked mischievously.

"Smooth," I smirked back and squinted my eyes at him teasingly, as he laughed.

"What do you want for your birthday, princess?" he pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear that had fallen out of my ponytail.

"You," I whispered seductively while leaning up closer to his lips. I smiled, impressed that he remembered my birthday is on the 19th.

"Your gift will be a surprise," he winked. "And I don't think you need to wait until Sunday for me ." he chuckled, tightening his grip around my waist, pulling me even closer.

Our lips met in another breath-taking kiss, another long, melting kiss. It wasn't even a few seconds until we kissed again, harder, as I ran my fingers through his hair. He put one hand on the hem of my shirt behind me, and I responded by taking the hint and lifting my feet off the ground. My legs met behind his back, our lips not letting go of each other. Blindly, he turned around while holding me, and found his way inside the house again without being able to see, taking us both upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Proud of the Leafs for a great season. No, don't ask me what happened in the 3rd period of Game 7. I don't want to ever talk about it again.

Although this story is not finished, it is due for mid June. There are 2 chapters left.

Now, the sequel's release depends on when or if Bozak leaves the Leafs. If he does leave, I may need a long moment to cry. But he will still take place in the sequel because it killed me to take Brownie out, and I want to live in my own fictional world since I hate our management. (I miss Brian Burke.) Sequel information and short summary here: Don't Fall Back. Subscribe/Comment!