Sequel: Don't Fall Back
Status: Completed! Update: Congrats to Colton on the 2-year extension with the Leafs!

Insane Love

XX. Sunday, May 19th, 2013.

-Colton's POV-


Mia took Terra and my mom, Lisa, outside, showing them her garden. Tyler, Phil, Zoe's fiance Mike Anderson, and I watched as they headed out into the yard happily. Tom, Cody, and my father Garret, were talking on the couch, with cold beer bottles in their hands too. Zoe and Lana were sitting across from them on the leather loveseat, also chatting with each other. Her parents and brother drove from Kingston this morning and arrived a couple of hours ago at noon.

I had ordered her cake and it was supposed to get here soon. Everyone placed their gifts for her on the kitchen island, wishing her a happy 25th birthday. I planned on giving her gift later, though. My parents had already met her, so this was their second time. For her parents and brother, it would be the first time they got to see our house. I didn't want to sound pushy but I was really hoping someone would buy her house already. I wanted her to gather her things completely and move in.

"I'm guessing that lamp was her idea?" Phil smirked, and then motioned his head over to the yellow faintly see-through lamp standing two feet tall on a small table by the wall.

"Yup," I sighed. I wasn't a fan of bright objects, but Mia sure had a way of making the place seem more alive. The blue bed sheets and matching darker pillows were possibly the most colorful things in our bedroom. Also, the large red rug under the coffee table and couches in the living room, and the walls pained a royal purple by the TV.

"Next time we're here, this place will be a rainbow under her watch." Tyler laughed, clicking his beer with Phil's and then drinking.

"Shouldn't you be drooling over Lana?" I looked at Bozie and Phil cracked a louder laugh.

"Dude," he leaned closer with a lower voice. "Don't say her name too loud."

"I'll try to get you guys closer together at the wedding." Mike chuckled.

"When are you and Zoe planning on having the big day?" Phil asked him, changing the subject.

"End of June," he answered happily. "I have yet to meet this Brownie teammate of yours Zoe told me about. Apparently he and I share the same name."

"Yeah," I smiled and nodded slightly. "Great friend of ours." I did miss him. We texted and talked on the phone sometimes, but I felt like I hadn't seen him in ages since he got traded to Edmonton.

"He promised us he'd come to Toronto every Summer," Tyler glanced at Phil and I.

"Can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out Mia moved in." Phil winked in my direction.

I smiled at Kess, and then asked Mike, "Where's the bachelor party gonna be at?"

"Strippers!" Tyler tilted his bottle up, grinning. "There has to be strippers."

"Zoe would kill me." Mike laughed dryly.

"Oh c'mon, she'd never find out."

"I don't know.." Mike said, taking Bozie's words into consideration.

"Think about it this way," Tyler put one arm around his shoulder and then marked things in the air with his fingers, trying to create an image in our heads. "If we go to a strip club--reserved just for your guests--you'll have one last chance before the wedding to be a free man. Just one night."

"We'll pay for the drinks and dancers and everything." Phil assured, joining in after listening.

"Well.. oh, alright." Mike agreed, after thinking for a moment.

"Great! Get ready for the greatest night of your manhood." Tyler told him, and we all knew that Bozie was known for making the best parties.

"Guys..." I groaned, excited about the bachelor party but not feeling right about dragging someone into something like this a couple nights before their wedding.

"And Colton will have a tea-party with Mia." Tyler mocked with a high-pitched voice.

"You think you're funny, softie?" I fake laughed with the same childish tone.

"My name is Colton Orr, and I wear the skirt in the relationship." Tyler continued.

"Oh, Lanaaaaaa!" I called out, making sure that Tyler could still see my smirk.

"Yes?" she turned from her conversation with Zoe on the couch and they both looked at me.

I faced Bozie's red nervous and embarrassed expression, and I spoke, "Tyler was wondering if you're bringing a date to the wedding."

Her face had surprised written all over it. Zoe's mouth was wide in a toothy grin, giggling with her head down. Phil and Mike were laughing quietly to the side, while Tyler was trying to deny what I said but he couldn't speak clearly.

"Um.. is that true, Tyler?" Lana looked at him curiously.

"Uh... I...." he murmured. "Well, I mean... I, if you're not going with anyone, then, we could go together?"

"I'd like that." she smiled.

"Okay," he breathed, and I saw the weight being lifted off his shoulders instantly.

Once Lana and Zoe returned to their conversation, probably now talking about what just happened, I also faced the boys again and smirked. "You're welcome."

My mom and Terra came in through the back glass door first, taking their shoes off by the mat after seeing the garden, and went to sit down on one of the couches as well. Mia came shortly after and walked over to us, smiling at me.

"Hey, did I miss anything?" she asked, and I could sense the joking tone she used.

"You have no idea." Mike widened his eyes, and looked at the ground by Tyler.

"What?" she crumbled her eyebrows and glanced at each of us, waiting for an explanation.

"Lana agreed on taking Bozie to the wedding as a date ." Kess spoke, smiling.

"What!?" she whispered loudly.

"It's true. I am a witness." Zoe giggled, now standing up and coming up beside Mia.

"Are you serious!? I leave for TEN minutes, and this happens?" she questioned, sighing. "And how did you build up the courage to ask her out?" she squinted her eyes at Tyler.

"Actually," Tyler rolled his head in my direction, and smirked, doing it as pay-back. "It was your man's idea."

She whipped her head up at me, and slapped my chest. "Why didn't you wait until I was here!?"

"Ow!" I replied back, rubbing that area with my palm.

Just after then, the doorbell rang and I glanced at Zoe. She nodded her head knowingly before Mia asked me curiously, "Are we expecting anyone?"

"I dunno," I lied. "But I'll let you know if whoever it is also slaps me!" I shot back jokingly, seeing her roll her eyes, and I turned to walk out of the living room area and up to the front door.

I had peered my head back, to see Zoe lead Mia to the couch and distract her. I turned the handle and opened the door, revealing the man wearing white and black Amelia's Catering cap, with a large box in his hands. It had a see-through plastic coating on top, where you could get a look at the cake.

I pulled out my wallet from my pocket, and took out the twenty dollar bill inside. "Thanks man," I tipped him.

"Thank you, and enjoy!" he smiled and handed me the box carefully. I walked back inside and kicked the door closed gently.

I walked to the kitchen and placed it down on the counter by the fridge. I opened one of the cupboards and took out the candle with a large 25 on it. I removed the lid of the box, opening up to the rectangle shaped chocolate and vanilla cake. It had blue icing on the border, rainbow sprinkles decorated on the sides, flowers created out of the vanilla icing, and the Happy 25th Birthday, Mia! pink handwriting in the center. I placed the candle beside the writing and slowly took the cake out of the white box, leaving it only on top of the white cardboard piece.

"Hey, got the cake?" Phil entered, standing next to me and licking his lips.

"Yeah, help me carry it?" I asked him, after lighting the candle with a match and then blowing the flame on the wood out.

"Of course," he grabbed one end of the cardboard, and I held the other side.

We walked to the living room, and Mia's back was facing us until everyone smiled. She turned around, and she was grinning and blushing all at once.

"Happy birthday to you...." Lana started singing. Soon, everyone joined, including Phil and I. "Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday dear Mia.... Happy birthday to youuu!"

When clapping took over the room, we placed the cake down gently on the empty coffee table. Everyone came around and huddled closer, saying happy birthday again individually. I sat beside her and kissed her hair. "Make a wish," I whispered.

"Time to blow the candle!" my mother said, smiling at both of us.

Mia thought for a moment, inhaled, and then opened her lips apart to blow the candle out. They clapped once more, Terra and Cody reaching over to hug her.

Phil had brought the plates, forks and knife, and began cutting a slice for everyone, starting with Mia first. After, she opened her gifts, giggling secretly with Zoe about what ever she bought her, and then thanking everyone.

Zoe, Mike and Lana went home later. When it was almost six in the evening, Terra, Tom and Cody were on their way out too. After Tom told me he was glad Mia and I were still together, said goodbye to my parents, and that he thought this house was perfect, and said our season went well, we shook hands and they left.

"Our taxi should be here in a few minutes," my dad stood up.

"Wait, why did you get a taxi? I'll drive you to the airport." I said, pulling out my car keys from my pocket.

"Don't sorry, honey." my mom pulled her long Spring jacket on, with her brown-gray medium lengthy hair resting on her shoulders.

"But-"

"It's okay, our flight is in two hours. You spend the rest of the night here for your girlfriend's birthday." he smiled at Mia who had her hands folded, and was standing next to my side.

"Have a safe plane ride back to Winnipeg, Mr. and Mrs. Orr." Phil and Tyler told them nicely.

"Thanks boys," my mom replied and then held Mia's hands loosely.

Bozie and Kess came up beside me, scratching their necks and clearing their throats as we watched awkwardly. Mia looked relaxed, happy and comfortable around my parents. My parents felt the same way about her too, which made me more than glad. After my dad said goodbye, he took the bags down the sidewalk to the taxi waiting on the curb.

"I hope you have a wonderful birthday, dear." she grinned kindly.

"Thank you, Lisa." Mia responded quietly, flashing her warmest smile as they both kissed the air by each other's cheeks. But my mom held the hug for longer, and I saw her whisper something in Mia's ear, but we weren't close enough to hear the words.

When my parents both left, Tyler said, "Well, we should get going too. I don't want to be around while you guys are... y'know."

Phil laughed loudly, as I chuckled and glanced at her from the corner of my eye. "Happy birthday!" Kess yelled again on his way out.

When everyone was gone, it was just us again. I leaned back against the door after I shut it, and I pulled her in for a hug. "Finally, I get you all to myself." I joked, breathing in the fresh scent of her hair.

"Thanks for the cake, baby." she tilted her chin up and kissed me lightly. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Debbie called this morning, and I wanted to tell you earlier but it was so busy. She told me that a family of three are signing the papers to buy my house once I officially choose to remove my things!" she exclaimed.

"That's awesome!" Finally! "When are you moving out and in?"

"I was actually thinking about tomorrow..." she replied, in more of a question than a comment.

"Great!" I smiled. "I still haven't given you your gift. Close your eyes." I said, looking deep into her curious eyes. She did as I told, and shut her eyelids.

I went into the kitchen quickly, and opened one of the drawers where I hid the necklace. I grabbed the fairly long rectangular red box and walked back to my original spot in front of her, by the door. "Okay, open them now."

Her eyes fluttered, and then looked down at my hands to see me open the box up. "Oh my god, Colton!" her eyes widened, her mouth open and turned into a big grin. She had one hand on her chest, and one tracing over the diamond stone, and white-gold lining.

I carefully took it out of its position. "Turn around," I said quietly. She pulled her hair up, facing the back of her neck towards me. I reached around her and locked the necklace in place. She dropped her hair back down and examined the gem while turning to face me again. The shining diamond looked perfect with her tanned skin tone.

"It's so beautiful!" she grinned up at me.

"I knew you'd like it," I snaked my arms around her waist again, meeting my hands behind her lower back.

"I love it. Thank you so much." she wrapped her arms around my neck, going up on her toes and kissing me.

When we broke apart from it, I spoke. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah,"

"What did my mom whisper to you?" I asked.

She looked at my chest, thinking for a moment before biting her bottom lip. Her cheeks turned a little red when she calmly replied, "She said she's glad you chose someone like me, and she hopes you'll never let me go."

"Well, she has nothing to worry about then." I didn't know what else to say. I looked at her, she looked at me, and we blinked once in a while. "I would never let you go." I rubbed my thumb on her cheek lightly.

"Is that a promise?" she responded quietly, almost a whisper, while looking down.

"Yes," I put my hand behind her hair, tangling my fingers in it so she would look me in the eye again. "And I'll keep it. You know that."

"Okay," she whispered. And I knew her mind was racing with questions and doubts and worries, but I also knew I would assure her that I really meant it. For as long as we both shall live.

"Okay," I spoke quietly, wiping away all of her bad thoughts by sealing it with a kiss. A long, slow kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Insane Love finale coming up! Next chapter is the last chapter, and I have it all planned out. Brownie will be back! It will most likely be in Third Person Omniscient, just like the entire sequel. There will be a lot of fun in the last chapter... trust me. (Hint: firefighters/policemen) Thanks for sticking along, and I promise you'll like the ending :)

"Sequel to Insane Love ft. Colton Orr of the Leafs": Don't Fall Back