Sequel: I'll Be There

Hearts Collide

The Start of Something New

Alex stood alone in her bedroom staring at the gown she had just required from the tailor. She bit her lip in anticipation thinking that tomorrow was going to be her big day—the day she had been dreaming about since she was a young girl. She reached out to trace the outline of her gown and became completely oblivious to her surroundings until a familiar voice spoke up and dragged her out of her daze.

"I see someone's excited for tomorrow," stated the voice. Alex immediately looked over her shoulder to see her boyfriend of two and a half years, Steve Rogers, also the famous Captain America, grinning at her. She smiled back at him as he made his way over to her, wrapped his arms around her, and gave her a quick kiss.

"Yeah, that and something else," she mumbled as she turned her attention away from him and back to her gown.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm really nervous, Steve. What if I stutter while I'm talking and make a fool out of myself? What if I mix up the words in my speech? What if I start sweating like crazy and ruin my make-up? What if I end up tripping over my gown? That's happened to me before," rambled Alex.

"I thought's that what you got it tailored for," he replied cheekily.

"I'm serious Steve! It's not just tomorrow's ceremony I'm worried about. I'm worried about what comes after it," she began as she felt her heart racing. "My entire life is going to change and I'm not completely sure I'm ready. I mean, it feels like just the other day I was just getting used to New York, and starting school, and starting to date you and now—"

Steve's lips pressing against Alex's silenced. His lips felt warm against hers and she instinctively kissed him back, allowing herself to forget about her worries and focus on Steve.

Steve pulled back from the kiss and placed his forehead against Alex's, pulling her chin up, and forcing her to look at him.

"Everything is going to be fine, Alex," he said reassuringly. "Tomorrow, you're going to walk down that aisle and you're going to look stunning. Your mom flew in from Maryland for this. Pepper and your dad are going to be there, and if you get nervous before giving your speech, remember that I'm going to be right there too. You have nothing to worry about."

Alex let out a small sigh before uttering, "You're right. I'm getting worked up over nothing. Thanks, Steve."

"You're welcome. Now come to bed with me, you have to get up early tomorrow," he replied as he gestured towards their bed.

Alex smirked at his gesture. "Are you suggesting we fool around?" she asked with a hint of playfulness before trailing her hand down his clothed torso.

"As much as I'd love to. You really need to get to sleep."

"Meanie," Alex pouted, giving him a quick glare before plopping herself on the bed.

Steve followed her, taking his place next to her.

"Well have plenty of time for that after the ceremony," added Steve.

"I guess you're right," sighed Alex as she flicked off the lights and nuzzled closer to him. "Goodnight, Steve," she mumbled.

"Goodnight, Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone who is still reading or is getting updates for this fic. This was a little snippet of the first chapter of the sequel to this story. It's called 'I'll be There' and it takes place two years after this one ended so, you want to read it, I began posting new chapters already so go ahead I hope you enjoy it and please give me some feed back :) -stace