Status: cookin' it up

Circle the Drain

Fascinating…

"Uh, hi." I really wasnt in the mood to talk to anyone. I sipped my drink again and tried my best to ignore the handsome fellow, Max or so he said.

"What is a raven haired beauty like yourself doing alone at a bar?" He was hitting on me. Fabulous. Of course I like attention, like any red-blooded girl does, I just am not in the mood for this. Can't a girl get drunk by herself and be miserable for a night without attracting unwanted attention?

"Drinking?" I stated in a 'duh' voice and met his eyes. His eyes were dancing with amusement and he smirked at me. I had a feeling he did that a lot.

"Well, obviously, pretty girl." I narrowed my eyes at him, not breaking the contact. "My, my. You have the most beautiful eyes. Do you wear contacts or are they natural?" Everyone always commented on my eyes. They were eyes. Big deal and this guy just wanted into my pants. I didnt need another charming man who would only hurt me in the end.

"Yeah they are. Wait, why am I still talking to you?" I shook my head and stood up and walked to the other end of the bar, sitting down and pulling out my phone. 59 missed calls from Pat. Did he realize that I didnt want to leave? I wouldve never left if he hadnt fucked up so many times. Its hard to live with someone who only ever thinks of themselves and I'm pretty sure some of that rubbed off on me.

The texts he sent consisted of begging and threatening to kill himself if I didnt save him. I knew he was bluffing, he threatened to do that a lot. I fell for that so many times and it was just another one of his cruel games. It still hurt relentlessly everytime he did it. Having someone tell you they love you and then them turning around, cheating on you, making you never feel good enough, and blaming you for not trying when all you did was try to save him? It hurts like a bitch and I finally woke up. But I didnt feel any better. I think I felt worse.

New Text Message:
From: Tazer
did u and Kaner sleep in? ;) coach is pissed that he missed practice.

I always liked Jonathan. He was a nice guy and the only one who I believed knew that Pat has a drug problem. Even Pat refused to admit he had a problem but the thing about him was that he could manipulate anyone into thinking whatever he wanted them to think. So all of the times Pat "missed" practice was "because Noelle and I went at it and lost track of time" to them but in all reality, he was bitching me out while I made sure he didnt choke on his own puke and die.

Sent to: Tazer
Me: go check on him. i left.

I suspected Tazer somewhat knew that our relationship was on the rocks and I couldnt help but worry about Pat. I felt tears spring to my eyes but refused to let them fall.

"Hey, are you okay?" I looked up from my phone to see a concerned looking Max. Was he sitting there the whole time?

"Of course. Why woudnt I be?" I snapped at him and rolled my eyes, trying to hide my tear filled eyes. Calm the fuck down, I thought to myself.

"Listen, you looked upset so I came over." He explained and I dropped my phone on the counter when it vibrated and looked at him while he looked at my phone, furrowing his eye brows in confusion. I figured Tazer would be a weird name to see to someone who didnt know it was a nickname.

"Sorry for being a bitch but I'm a lesbian so you can stop trying to get into my pants, buddy." He eyes widened to the size of plates and I choked back a laugh at his expression. It was priceless.

"Just kidding." I laughed loudly, finally feeling to alcohol settle. First, he gave me a weird look then joined me, laughing along with me.

"Damn, you got me there. Not that theres anything wrong with lesbians, its sorta hot but I'm glad your not." He gave me a cheeky grin and I rolled my eyes. I never understood the whole "guys liking lesbians" thing. I mean, come on, they dont want you.

"Whatever." I found myself smiling, enjoy this flirty mans company. I guess theres no pity party for me. Theyre not healthy anyway.

"So, whats your favorite band?" He asked me out of nowhere. I gave him a strange look but answered anyway. It was a simple question.

"Ummmmm..." I popped the 'm' at the end as I searched for one band. I was a bit of a music junkie but smiled when I thought of one of my favorites. "I like Oasis. Sucks that they broke up but they have had great albums." A grin lit up his face.

"Another Oasis fan? I need to come into bars in the afternoon more often. Seems like all the cool cats hang here." We both looked around and I noticed we were the only people here. Tommy wasnt even in the room anymore.

We both cracked up and I shook my head at his dry sense of humor. He seemed like a nice enough guy but I was swearing off relationships until I got my shit together and got over Pat. However long that may take.

"Do you know why Oasis broke up?" He asked with a curious expression on his handsome face. I nodded.

"Noel and Liam Gallagher, lead singer and bassist, always beat the shit out of eachother so I guess their sibling rivalry split up their multi million dollar band." He nodded and we talked over the next 2 hours about everything from politics to which fruit was better: apples or oranges?

He was hilarious in a weird but exciting way. I liked talking to him but left abruptly when Pat wouldnt stop calling me. I didnt get his last name or number. I tried to deny it but I was bummed. Really bummed.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey! hope you enjoy!

please dont be a silent reader! COMMENT.