Status: Complete~

I Can Talk to Ghosts...

Kisses and Magic

He was blind that was for sure... not to mention deaf. He'd grabbed the medallion, heard Kyra and Duncan scream at him, and then everything was all blurry and silent. The world was shifting around him and he didnt feel anything but the fact that the ground was underneath his back. All he could see was the spots in his vision that came with getting hit by a car, or running to much without enough water... he did feel a pair of arms wrap around him and he registered the fact that he was being pulled backwards, but other than that... nothing.

"Alan!" Kyra yelled as she started pulling him back, "Alan are you okay?!"

Alan's head just fell back against her chest as she pulled him behind a tree. He was pretty much all but a limp body.

"Alan!" She leaned him back against a tree, "Oh god damn it..."

She slapped him across the face and he groaned at her. She was going to do it again when his hand caught hit it instead.

"Dont... slap me..." He said slowly, almost slurred together.

"Well then dont freak me like that!" She said and then pulled him to his feet, "Come on! We have to go!"

She pulled his arm over her shoulder and then supported his weight as they headed the rest of the way for the grave sight. Duncan had managed to throw off and distract the sorceress just long enough for the two of them to get up and head off again. He made a face at her after one last torment and then disappeared through the ground.

"You still have the medallion?" Kyra asked as she helped Alan (more so dragged him) as he stumbled over his feet.

His head hurt like who knew what, and his whole right side felt like he'd been hit by a semi-truck. But , even so, he pulled the medallion up and showed her, "Yeah..."

"Good..." She said smiling just a little, "Because we're almost there."

Duncan came out of the ground next to them, "She's right behind..." He stopped at the sight of Alan, "Jeez! Dang it... She cant hear me..."

The two of them, and the ghost, came out through the thick of the trees to where this whole situation started. Nothing looked any different, except for the fact that there were extremely bright and scary looking rods of light shooting up out of the tree into the clouds that had formed over the town.

"Wow... okay..." Kyra looked at the strange light show.

A sudden exploding tree however, knocked her out of her stare, as well as in the head. They fell to the ground in a heap just as another ball of light flashed over where they heads had been. Alan registered that he'd just hit the ground but didnt know why. His body and mind was moving in slow motion and it was annoying him to no end! He pulled his head off the ground and saw the tree, and the lights, and then Kyra lying next to him. The sound of a Hound's roar suddenly hit his ears. He pushed himself off the ground and looked at his surroundings. Everything was blurry, but his hearing was coming back.

Duncan suddenly appeared in his vision, a blurry glow, but Duncan none the less, "Alan! You have to destroy the medallion! She's right back there and the Hounds are closing in!"

Alan caught only destroy, medallion, she, Hounds, and closing in. Everything else was just missed completely. Apparently his head wasnt straight on yet. Even so, he grabbed the medallion and the sword Kyra had give him and then placed the medallion on the ground in front of him. He raised the blade high into the air and then brought it down with as much force as he could bring forward. There was a horrible screeching noise like that of some dying creatures and a large almost explosion like blast expelled outward. The sword shook in his hands and the vibrations raced up his arms and he dropped the blade.

"What...happened?!" Alan looked up at Duncan.

"Ah! I thought as much!" Duncan looked furious and disappointed, but not toward Alan, "It has to be destroyed with magic!"

"How do we... do that?" Alan asked.

As if to answer his question, Duncan told him to duck and then disappeared quickly. Alan fell to the ground as another lightning spear sailed over his head, but a piece of it cut through his shoulder. He hissed in pain as he covered the wound with his hand and then looked at the blood that coated his hand. That was when he had an idea... a stupid one, but an idea. He picked the medallion up but left the sword where it was. Duncan looked at him like he was nuts.

"What are you doing?!"

"Let me do this!" Alan said.

Okay, so he stumbled over his feet a little as he stood up and walked across the grass to the tree. The sorceress came into the circle of trees and scowled at him.

"Give me back my medallion!" She said angrily, "Or I will give you an unpleasant death!"

"What... if I dont feel like it?!" Alan yelled back as he reached the tree then turned half way to face her.

The sorceress scowled at him, bright lights starting to flash at her finger tips, "Do not test my powers! I will make you and all your loved ones suffer!"

Alan just returned the scowl, "Well this is all your fault anyway! Shouldnt have been messing with the magic!"

She screamed at him and threw a ball of lightning at him. It exploded to his left, but he didnt move. He was to startled, afraid, and still a little unbalanced to really move. Besides, moving would ruin his plan.

"You should have just stayed away from all this stuff! Saved your self a lot of trouble! And problems!" He kept pushing her.

"You dont know what I did or have done!" She was all but furious at him now.

Then, he saw the prefect moment. The sorceress threw up her hands in furry and a shots of light began springing off of her palms. In the middle of the air a huge ball of lightning began to form, growing bigger and bigger the longer she held it out. She yelled at Alan in sheer range and then launched the lightning toward him. Alan didnt move, he didnt even flinch. All he did was bring the medallion up in front of him. When the sorceress saw his actions and the plan he had created, she screamed in a tongue unknown to him as the lightning suddenly struck the medallion. It knocked Alan backwards into the tree and the force of the magic hitting the medallion had been enough to launch a semi-truck across town. Alan screamed as the force threw him backwards and he could feel it shoot through his chest. The medallion started to burn and spark and only seconds before it exploded was Alan able to toss it away from him. The sorceress let go a shrill shriek as it exploded and then she screamed as blinding lights began to repel off her. Winds began to rage and the Hounds that had shown up to circle them in from escape started to disappear and turn to ashes, only to be swept away in the violent winds. The sorceress began to glow and her body became distorted like an image on a bad TV screen. She turned her eyes to Alan and held out a hand to him. Her voice was cracked and uneven as she said to him:

"I curse you and all that you know! You will suffer what I have suffered for years to come!"

She suddenly let go some kind of dark light, much different from her usual attacks, right for Alan. He was so tired, and in pain that he didnt have the strength to move. He watched as the dark energy came sailing toward him, but just before he felt it hit him, there was as dull glow in front of him and the energy disappeared. Alan opened his eyes and looked up in front of him to see Duncan just floating before him.

"Go back to hell where you belong sorceress!" Duncan yelled at her.

Her distorted form screamed at Duncan in anger and then flew at him. She was disappearing as she came across the field, but she none the less managed to slam into Duncan. The two spirits disappeared through the tree and a flash of bright blue light shot out from it. The lights from the tree began to thin out and then died away and the winds suddenly stopped. The world grew silent once again, like nothing had happened. The dark clouds began to disappear to revile a starry, regular night sky. Alan looked up at the sky and grinned to himself. Was it over? Done with? God he hopped so, he probably couldnt take much more of this getting thrown around by magic stuff anymore... He pushed himself off the tree and looked to where Kyra was still lying. He frowned a little, but when he took a step forward, the effects of the attacks and the magic hit him like a train. He stumbled forward maybe a few feet, and then fell onto the grass. His world once again went black...
___

How much time had gone by? Was he sleeping? Had it all been a dream? Alan's mind kept asking all these questions that he just didnt want to answer right now. He just wanted to let his aching body sink into the feeling of warmth that was surrounding him right now. He heard something though, a noise that he couldnt quite make out... a voice? He listened for it as it started getting stronger, and then he remembered whose it was. He forced his eyes open slowly, and at first the world was a mix of blurry blobs of color and mixed together images, but then when his vision fixed its self he was met with the first sight of Kyra sitting over him. A small smile graced his lips.

"Hey..." He said softly.

She scowled at him but he realized the sides of her cheeks were wet, "Stupid!"

He looked at her puzzled, "What?"

"You've been out for almost two hours!" She said to him as she held him closer to her, "I didnt want to move you because all you did was protest and yell in your sleep like i was ripping your arm off!"

He blinked, "Really? ... two... two hours?"

"Pretty much!" She said then put her forehead to his, "You scared the crap out of me Alan.."

He touched the side of her face, "...Sorry..."

She looked at him but didnt move her head, "I thought I told you to stop saying sorry so much..."

"Sorry..." He smiled softly at her look.

"Oh whatever..." She lifted her head back up and kissed his forehead then brought him closer to her, "Dont ever do that again Alan... Or I'll kill you myself..."

He smiled, "I know, I know..."

"Good." Then she kissed him.

He smiled into the kiss and returned it; quite glad all this crap was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
daww, i put a stupid happy
moment at the end of this~
*stupid face* xD oh well c:
anyway, one more or so chapter
after this! XD
c:

- Little Archer