Status: Were aren't as scary as you think, but that doesn't mean we can't be...

Monster Inside

Eden

The new kid stands at the front of the class with his arms crossed over his chest like he doesn't really mind the whispers. I don't blame them, it's not everyday we get a new person in town, especially not a family as odd as them. The boy is tall, but not towering over everyone, and his skin is dove feather pale with a slight creamy peach tint. As if someone mixed a small amount of strawberry and chocolate Nesquik into milk, just enough to barely color it. His hair is silvery white, like fresh fallen snow or salt, falling in his face in short messy tendrils.

His eyes are what intrigue me. One is a deep, almost unnatural, emerald green, while the other is a reddish brown. But they seem to stare into the very depths of my soul. It makes me feel naked, exposed. Those eyes tell stories of a thousand dark years, but he is only as old as we are. It gives me the chills.

"Class," Mr. Murey says in his nasal droning voice, "This is Ardyn Behemoth. He's new to Ravenhearst, so treat him kindly, okay?" there is a flurry of bored yeahs and nods, and the he speaks again. This time to Ardyn."Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself, Mr. Behemoth?"

Ardyn shoots him an annoyed, and slightly puzzled look, but does as he asks anyways. "I'm Ardyn." his voice is like the wind of a storm, or the waves on the sea. Deep and soft, with a slight roughness to it. He speaks little over a whisper, but everyone seems to hear it. "I'm not sure what to say. What do you want to know?"

Immediately people perk up, and hands go flying in the air. The teacher points to a random kid in the front.

"How old are you?" she asks.

"How old do I look?" he smirks. I swear I saw a fang, but it was probably a trick of the light.

"Probably eighteen?" she says, but it is more of a question. He just smirks again, but doesn't say anything.

"Is your hair naturally white?" One of the middle row boys asks. The teacher always tries to be fair and give the boys and girls equal turns, but sometimes it gets annoying.

"Yes." he shifts his eyes toward the window, as if bored, then back to us. It might just be my imagination but I'm pretty sure his eyes lingered on me for a moment.

Mr. Murey seems to catch onto his annoyance, and tells everyone to put their hands down. "Umm, you can sit next to Mr. Jacobs." he says.

Wait, what? I must have heard him wrong. No one sits by me. They're all afraid I'm going to kill them and bath in their blood or something.

"Eden!" The teacher yells, and I stand to show him and the new kid where I am.

Ardyn walks over swaying his hips ever so slightly. He's like a fucking god, or angel. All perfect and porcelain. Like a glass doll or model or something. The black skinny jeans leave nothing to imagination, and the black V-neck dips just enough to show a part of the black tattoo on his chest, but not enough to show what it looks like. I wonder if he knows how curious that makes me. He wears gloves with the tops of the fingers cut off, and his nails are long and sharp, and painted as black.

He sits next to me without a single word or glance my way, but he starts tapping those pointed nails on the table. There is something about him that makes me feel like I'm a mouse, and he's a hungry snake.

"I'm E-Eden." I say, extending a hand for him to shake.

He takes my hand with a predatory smile. "Ardyn, but you already knew that."

Oh yeah... he's dangerous. There is no doubt in my mind. Everyone fears me because of my past, but this dark vibe he gives off probably makes me seem like a more likely friend. Still... there's just something about him. I just can't figure out what...