Status: Thanks for clicking ^.^

And So, This Is Love

Nine;

Cassadee’s birthday was soon. She flew in with her band because we had more people here in Baltimore to fly down there than they had to come here. We were going to have a small party at my house and then she and Rian would fly to Florida and spend her actual birthday with her family.

The party was going to be at my house because it was the biggest. We had everything set up currently and we were just waiting for Jack to get back with the booze and Zack to get back with the food.

“Who’s all coming?” Rian asked, snuggled up next to his girlfriend on the couch.

“I think The Maine’s flying in, and so is Mayday but that’s it,” she replied.

Zack walked in, and I charged at him. I had him get me Starbursts. He laughed and handed me the candy. Alex followed him into the kitchen to help set up.

I sat back down beside Mauve and we both started to eat the candy together.

Eventually Jack got back as well and it was almost time for people to start arriving. After the last of everything was set up, I heard the doorbell ring.

In about an hour my house was packed. Besides the bands, a lot of people that All Time Low knew had come to party. By ten, Alex was wasted.

“Babe, come on,” he whined, holding me up against the wall.

“No, this is Cass’s birthday party. We are not going to sneak off to go fuck,” I said, pushing him back a little bit.

“You know you want to,” he whispered huskily in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, “No, I most definitely do not want to. Now go enjoy the party, I’m getting me a beer.” I pulled away from his grasp and walked away.

“Cayne!” he called after me, but I ignored him and got said beer.

“Cotton Candy!” Jack bounded up to me. He was pretty drunk himself. “Is that all you’re drinking?”

I looked down at the beer in my hand and nodded.

“C’mon! It’s Cassadee’s birthday,” he whined, grabbing my hand and taking me to the drinks.

“I’ve been drinking enough lately,” I told him. “When we went to the beach and when Friday was leaving. I don’t think – “

“But you love Jack Attacks,” he pouted, handing me the cup that was mixed with random stuff.

I giggled, “Okay, okay. Yes, I do love Jack Attacks.” And I took a sip.

One cup turned to four. And then there was some vodka involved, and I think I took some Jaeger Bombs.

“Cass, I love you girl, you know that?” I slurred, my arms wrapped around Cassadee. It was well around one in the morning now, but the party didn’t seem close to stopping. The two of us were pretty drunk. “That’s why I got you this for your birthday.” I handed over a necklace with a galaxy circle and a moon. “Because I love you infinite.”

Cassadee grinned a drunk, lopsided grin. “It’s beautiful! I love you too, Cayne!” And we grasped each other in a hug.

She pulled away and when I looked at her face, I saw that it was screwed up.

“Who’s that slut all pushed up against your boyfriend?” she said. I swirled around right away and saw a brunette girl with a hand on Alex’s thigh. He seemed to be allowing it, his eyes glazed over.

“Oh hell no,” I said, leaving Cassadee and going up to them. “Alex?”

Alex pushed away from the girl as soon as he heard me, his eyes wide.

“Who are you?” the girl said, glaring at me.

“I’m his girlfriend,” I growled, taking the front of her shirt in my hands. I was stumbling around in my drunkenness, so I probably looked pretty ridiculous, but in my head I thought I looked pretty scary. “You need to keep your nasty little hands to your nasty little self, slut.” I pushed her and turned to Alex. “And you need to keep your dick in your pants, whore.” And then I turned and walked away.

I could feel Alex’s hand on my arm as he tried to follow me, and could hear his faint splutters of apology, but I lost him in the crowd. I made my way outside and found someone to bum a cigarette from. It wasn’t long before Alex found me though.

“Cayne, what the fuck? Put that cigarette out,” he said angrily as he stumbled up to me. I shook my head and tried to walk away, but in the next second he was by my side and grabbing onto me. “Put that out.”

“Leave me the fuck alone, Alex. Go fuck your whore,” I said, pushing him away.

“I was never going to fuck her,” he told me.

“Oh yeah? I didn’t see you trying to get away.”

“I’m sorry! Maybe I should have pushed her away but I swear to you, baby, nothing was going to happen.”

I rolled my eyes and took another drag of my cigarette. Alex snatched it out of my hand and threw it on the ground, stomping on it.

“Alex, what the fuck!” I reached up and slapped him.

Alex looked at me with wide eyes, a bright red hand imprinted on his face. I sobered up immediately when I saw the hurt flash in his eyes.

“Oh, Alex…” I stepped forward, but he stepped backward.

“I’m fucking done here,” he said, walking away. I could hear him asking people if they were sober enough to give him a ride home.

I desperately wanted to run after him, but I knew Alex. He would need his space. I could go over tomorrow and we’d talk it out and everything would be fine.

Everything will be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

xoxo_aj_xoxo Doublenickels