And Now I Scream For Everything That I've Loved

1- We Are All Made The Same.

Emma woke up from her nap and blinked a few times. It was Valentine's Day, and to be honest, she could care less. Boys around her always chose the slutty girls, so she never had a date on Valentine's Day. Not that she minded it. She stood up slowly, then walked towards to her table, and took her phone. "13 new messages" it read. She slowly sat down on her bed and read the texts. 6 of her boyfr- ex boyfriend. Other were from Twitter. She ignored the ones from her ex and opened the ones from Twitter. All of them were notifications from Austin Carlile. Emma smiled to herself as she read the tweets. But when she saw the lasts ones, she felt her eyes widen. She kept staring at the screen, speechless. Next thing she knew, she was bouncing up and down in excitement, and screaming. Her mother ran inside, then stared at her daughter. When Emma noticed her mother staring at herself, she stopped immediately. The two looked at each other in silence for a few minutes, then both of them bursted out laughing.

"E-Emma, what was that?" Emma's mother, Lauren, tried to speak between laughter.

Emma didn't answer, she just showed the texts to her mother. Lauren took the phone from her daughter then looked at the screen. She read the texts. "Design contest I’m the judge! Winner gets $500 prize pack from @Neffheadwear & a date w/ me! https://vimeo.com/59549715 pic.twitter.com/4apdBBD7" one of them said. Her eyes widen and she read the rest of them. They were all about the date. Now she understood why Emma was so excited. She looked up to her daughter and pulled her in a hug.

"Sweetie, you have to try your chance! We both know how talented you are about designing things, I'm sure you will win. Even if you don't win, it's worth a shot."

Emma bit her lip.

"You think so? I don't know, mom, I don't wanna make myself look like a fool. I mean, I'm pretty sure so many talented people already sent their designs and I-"

Lauren cut her off.

"Hey, stop thinking negative. I told you, it's worth a shot!"

Emma nodded slowly, still hesitating. Her mother smiled softly and patted her shoulder.

"You'll do great, honey. I've got a really good feeling about this. Something in me says that you'll win this. And you know how good I am at guessing" Lauren said, still smiling.

"I know, mom. Thank you for your support." Emma said, now smiling too. Her mother was one of the biggest inspirations in her life. Ever since her father died, they grew even closer. Emma didn't know what she would do without her.

"Okay, I gotta go now. Harr- I mean Mr. Watson wants to see me." Lauren said quickly, with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Oh? Mr. Watson wants to see you on Valentine's Day? Hmm...what a coincidence." Emma said with a smirk growing on her face. Her mother had a date, it was obvious.

"I-It's not l-like that." Lauren tried to say but she kept blushing.

"Yeah, mom, whatever you say." Emma said grinning. "Now go, you don't wanna make the poor guy wait even more."

"Love you, sweetheart." Lauren said and kissed Emma's forehead. "Don't forget to lock the doors."

"Okay mom. Now go, come on!" Emma said rolling her eyes. She was 23, after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first chapter. This is my first fan fiction after years. I hope I do good. Thank you for reading. Comments are appreciated. And sorry, if I have spelling mistakes. My native language isn't English, sooo. ♥