And Now I Scream For Everything That I've Loved

11- Pretty Little Lady With Swollen Eyes

(1 month later)

------------------------

Emma kept sobbing as she hugged the picture tightly. It's been 6 years. 6 years since the day that took her dad away from her. She was only 17 when she realized how unfair life actually was. Being alone in the lunch, or getting bullied was something that she could handle. But losing her best friend, aka her dad? That was too hard for her. And now, it's been 6 years since that day. And she couldn't believe it. It was just like yesterday when her mom called her crying. She could still hear the voices in her head. And it didn't make her feel good. She needed him. She needed him to hug her tightly and stroke her hair. But he was already gone, he was lying 6 ft. under the ground, and there was nothing she could do to take him back. Nothing was going to bring him back to her, and that was not fair.

She tried to control her sobs as she grabbed her phone. Her mom's friends took Lauren out to cheer her up as much as they could, and Emma was all alone in home. Not that she minded it. Because there were only 2 people that she wanted/needed now. One of them was dead, and she was about to call the other one. Austin.

"A-Austin..." Emma tried to speak between her sobs, but it wasn't easy.

"Emma?! What's the matter, are you alright? Where are you? Did someone do something to you? Are you hurt?!" Austin's voice was full of worry.

"I..I need you Austin. C-Can you please come over?"

"Of course. I'll be there in a bit. But what's wrong?"

"I-I'll tell you when y-you come...J-Just please." Emma said as she kept sobbing, then hung up.

Austin arrived quicker than she thought. When she opened the door, he hugged her really tight. It almost knocked her down, but she didn't care. She needed him, and he was here. That's all she could ask for.

Austin didn't say anything, just kept hugging her and stroked her hair softly, mumbling softly in her ear. Eventually, Emma calmed down and her loud sobs turned into sniffles. When she calmed down, she realized she was straddling Austin's lap, and her head was on his shoulder.

"I...I'm so sorry."

"Why?" Austin frowned slightly.

"I'm sure you had more important things to do, and your shirt is soaked."

"Don't say sorry. There's nothing more important than you. And it's just a shirt, it eventually will get dry. And even if it doesn't, you can buy me a new one." Austin joked. That made Emma smile. A real smile.

"Now..." Austin said. "Ready to tell me what happened?"

"Today.." Emma whispered. "Today is the day that my dad d-died... It's ben 6 years..."

Austin's eyes widened slightly. Of course he knew about her dad, but he didn't know when exactly he died. And he could understand. He knew what it was like to lose your best friend/parent/inspiration. That was one of the reasons Emma & him got along so well. They understood each other.

They've talked for hours, and hours. Then Emma's mother called and said she wasn't coming home. Emma didn't want to be alone. She was afraid of what would happen if she was alone. She didn't want to go back to old times, when she was hurting herself. And of course, she fell asleep on Austin's shoulder again, just like the last time. And Austin carried her to her bed again. But this time, Emma woke up when Austin was carrying her. And just when he turned around to leave after tucking Emma in, Emma grabbed his arm. "Please stay." she mumbled. Her voice was full of pain, and Austin couldn't resist her. How could he? How could he resist an angel after all?

Emma scooted over so Austin could get under the blankets. When he did, Emma moved closer to his chest. She felt the muscular and strong arms wrap around her gently, as she heard a soft voice singing in her ear.

"Pretty little lady with the swollen eyes, would you show them to me?"

With that, she fell asleep quickly.