Falling Six Feet

The Birthday and Blackmail

My phone buzzed with a text from Paige:

Hey, I’m here bitch. Get ur butt out here.

I was about to grab my bag when I heard the sound of something hard hitting the locker room floor and someone’s shoes squeaking like they were running. “P-Paige? Is that you?” I called out. No one answered, so I picked up my stuff and went out the door. I headed down the hallway, looking for Paige. I heard voices towards the stairs, so that must’ve been her. I got to the stairwell and saw Paige’s back. But as I was about to call out her name, I saw Victor pinned up against the locker. What the hell was she doing??
She kept putting her hands all over him, grabbing him here and there. And all he did was just keep scooting away from her…Paige got really close to his face, murmuring something to him that apparently scared the shit out of him, because poor Victor went really pale. Finally, she laughed and backed off. “I guess you really do bat for the other team, huh?” said Paige. Holy fuck. THAT’S what she was doing?!

“W-what? What are you t-talking about?”

Oh no…Victor didn’t even understand what Paige was doing! I became perfectly still, not wanting to let Victor leave my sights. He was just so damn cute, but poor Paige must’ve scared him pretty badly. She let him run off up the stairs, and turned around to go back to the locker room. I sprinted back so she wouldn’t know that I followed her. I felt a glow of hope inside as I realized that Victor might actually like me…

“Adam, hey. I really need to talk to you about something.”

Fuck, is she going to tell me that she saw me-
“I lied about this morning…Brush was actually in the room. But I walked in on him and…well…Kelsey.” Woah.

“What do you mean, ‘walked in on’?” I asked.
She turned a little pale. “Bro, I walked in on him screwing Kelsey’s brains out on his desk.” I put my arms around her, knowing that it was pretty fucked up for her to see that. “Oh, shit,” I murmured. Jokingly I added, “Did you get pics?” I looked down into Paige’s face to see a shit-load of shame. “Y-you…did?”
Paige nodded. “I-I didn’t know what else to do.” Right then, the bell rang for class to be over.

Throughout the day, I thought about what Paige and I saw. I felt bad at first for thinking it…but she could use those pictures to blackmail that fucking bitch-whore Kelsey. That way we wouldn’t have to worry about her anymore. Then there was the problem of my…feelings for Victor. He could like me, but I seriously doubt it. Most of the guys in our gym class are cool with him, but if they even THOUGHT that he was gay…he’d be just like me. And I wouldn’t want that for anyone. Ugh, I would just have to deal with all of this later. I had to find Paige so we could go back to her house.

I made my way to the parking lot to find Paige’s car when my phone started to beep. I looked at the caller ID to see it was my parents. Ugh. “What do you want?” I answered.
“We were just calling to let you know that…we’re going to let you have a birthday party before you go to camp.” Oh shit, my birthday. I completely forgot that it was my birthday this weekend. And spring break was this coming week! Fuck, that meant I had to go to that stupid camp.
“We’ll be leaving town for the weekend, and we’ll let you have those days to have your party. Don’t wreck the house, please. Your mother and I will be returning to the house on Tuesday, so you have until Monday to be packed and on your way to the camp. Otherwise, you’re going to have to permanently leave the house. Understood?”
Ugh, even when they were being nice, my parents were assholes. “Yeah, whatever. Thanks. Goodbye.” I quickly pushed the end button and made my way to where Paige was. “Guess what, bitch! We’re having a birthday party at my house this weekend, no parents. You in, fucker?” I called across the parking lot. Paige’s face lit up with excitement, seeing as she’d be the one planning it. Just as she was about to answer, Micha walked up with Victor. “Hey, your birthday is this weekend? Would it be cool if me and Vic came?” asked Micha. I looked at Victor, but he just stared at the ground. I‘d have to worry about that later. I was too excited for my party.
“You know what? Sure. Bring as many people as you want. We’re going to tear this shit up.”

~Saturday~

I’d never seen so many people in my house. I’d never seen so many people DRINK. The smell of beer, liquor, and I think pot filled my huge house. Paige had gone all out, and we were having a blast. The only downside is that if Micha was coming, Kelsey would be there. But it was my fucking house, and my birthday. The bitch could suck it. Everyone was drunk as shit, but I was smart enough to only have a couple of drinks. I needed to keep the house in one piece, and that meant being as sober as possible. But not completely…
Paige had turned the living room into a dance floor, and the kitchen was filled with all my presents. The dining room was for all the pizza she ordered, and the upstairs was off-limits (except for the bathroom). Techno music pulsed and a couple of strobe lights flashed throughout the house. I made my way into my living room to see Paige on the couch laughing at something that one of her classmates had said. I didn’t know most of these people-Paige was my go-to friend for everything. There was a couple guys here and there making out with girls, but hey, I wouldn’t be living there much longer. Who gave a fuck?
Micha walked in after me, Kelsey on his arm. Victor was behind them, but Kelsey was paying a little too much attention to him. She must’ve been super drunk even before the party. “Hey, happy birthday Adam,” Micha shouted over the music. I nodded and smiled, handing him a cup and Victor one, too. Victor turned red and gulped the whole thing down. Poor guy…
Suddenly, the music stopped. “ALRIGHT, EVERYBODY. TIME TO SING TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY!” yelled Paige. “EVERYONE HEAD TO THE DINING ROOM!”
Let me just say here. There were about 250 people in my house, and only ten of them could fit in the damn dining room.
Paige had me sit at the head of the table, where her and Micha carried out the hugest fucking cake I have ever seen in my life. With a candle lighter, all 17 candles were lit, and the moaning sounds of drunken singing began. “Make a wish, love!” laughed Paige. I closed my eyes and blew out the candles, wishing that my life would just get a little bit better. Everyone laughed and clapped, and I opened a few presents. Then from the back of the room, Kelsey’s drunken giggle rang out. “L-let’s play-hic! Let’s play ‘Seven M-minutes in Heaven’-hic!” Seemed like a good enough idea.
All of 20 people sat in a circle in the living room with a empty beer bottle in the middle. The first few couples ended up either making out or slapping someone. Then the bottle landed on Victor. “Oh, please let it land on me next,” I whispered to Paige. She giggled and spun the bottle again. It was so close…just a little bit more…
Denied. It landed on…fuck.
I looked up to see that the bottle had landed on Kelsey. She giggled and winked at Victor, who in turn just blushed. Both of them stood up (Kelsey needed some help getting off of her drunken ass) and headed to my room since the living room didn’t have a closet. I felt a bit weird about people being in my room, but Paige made sure to hide my valuables (especially Jayy…oh Jayy) in my parents’ room and locked the door. Knowing how confused Victor was about himself, I felt like he shouldn’t have been playing. Maybe he was trying to test himself.
About four minutes in, I had to piss. I went up to the bathroom next to my room and did my business. As I walked past my door, I heard someone say, “No, stop!” Worried, I wrenched the door open.
Kelsey was climbing on top of Victor on my bed, trying to unbutton his pants. They both turned to me, shock on their faces. I froze, not knowing how to react. Victor finally shoved his way out from under Kelsey, pushing me out of the way. “I-I’m sorry. I have to go now!” he yelled as he flew down the stairs. I turned back to Kelsey, who was still on my bed. “Get the fuck off of my bed, bitch. Go join your boyfriend before I tell him you’ve been fucking around.”
That sure got her attention. I’ve never seen someone so drunk move that fast. She stumbled past me and pretty much fell down the stairs. I walked into my room and closed the door. God…was I wrong about Victor? Was he really just straight? Maybe he was just an awkward guy…
“Adam! Adam, where are you-oh. Hey, what the hell just happened? I saw Victor run out, and…” Paige’s voice trailed off as she saw my tears fall down my burning cheeks. “Oh, Adam. What’s wrong?” The way she said it just made me shake even harder as she held me. I told her what I had seen and that Victor just ran out when the door flew open again; this time it was Micha.
“Do you want to explain what the fuck this is?!” He had Paige’s phone in her hand, and on the screen was the infamous picture of Kelsey caught in the act with Mr. Brush. Ohhhhhh shit.
“Why the fuck are you going through my phone, Cowboy?!” shouted Paige. Oh, man. She was pissed. And so was Micha. This was going to get serious.
“I didn’t! Your phone rang and I knew you came up here, so I was bringing it to you. I must’ve clicked something and opened the pictures, but I never thought you would have something so fucked up on your phone!” Micha stepped a bit closer to her, raising his voice each time. “Well, maybe if you knew that your girlfriend is a lying whore and fucking our history teacher, you wouldn’t be having this problem! I walked in on them the day AFTER Kelsey tried starting shit with Adam. So if you’re going to be pissed at someone, go talk to your fucking girl!”
“Why the fuck would you take a picture then?!”
“Because I-”
Paige’s face started to turn bright red from yelling. No one downstairs was able to hear them, the music was so loud. I looked up to see Paige start to hyperventilate; oh no. Her asthma was acting up.
“Micha, I need you to go to the bathroom, now!” I shouted. He looked pissed and confused. “Why the fuck should I?”
“Because if you don’t, Paige is going to have an asthma attack, you dipshit! Go into the mirror cabinet and get her inhaler!” Micha turned and ran into the other room. “Paige, you have to sit down, okay? Come on, get your ass on the bed.” I guided her to the bed and instructed her to take deep breaths. Micha came back with a purple inhaler that I always kept spare for Paige whenever she would come spend the night. He handed the inhaler and her phone to her without a word and went back downstairs.
“Shit. He knows…that’s not how I planned it.”
Of course Paige would be worried about someone else and not herself. “Paige…just breathe. I’ll go make everyone leave, alright?” She nodded and took another puff from her inhaler. I ran down the stairs to find that someone had turned the music off and everyone was watching Micha and…Kelsey?
“I’m so fucking done with your shit. If you wanna fuck around on someone, then it’s not going to be me.” Every time Micha started to walk off, Kelsey would trail after him and grab his hand. “W-wait. M-hic! Micha, stop! I love-hic! I love you, baby!” It was pathetic, really. I quickly told everyone thanks for coming and that it was time for them to leave. No one put up a fight, but I’m pretty sure a couple pizzas were taken with. Micha was the only one that remained; Kelsey had gotten a ride from a friend.
“Do you…need a ride somewhere?” I asked. He looked so lost…and broken. “N-no…I have my truck. Thanks, though. Um…happy birthday.” He closed the front door behind him, and I turned to go see if Paige’s condition had improved.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHARACTERS
Paige: http://tinypic.com/r/25gfh1f/6
Micha: http://tinypic.com/r/15pfora/6
Adam: http://tinypic.com/r/t5magm/6
Victor: http://tinypic.com/r/ruaesl/6
Kelsey: http://tinypic.com/r/2safrjs/6