Status: I really hope you like this as much as I do.

We Are Rising From the Grave

Chapter 7: A Nightly Quest

I sat up all night coming up with ideas. Nicholas came over and saw me unexpectedly. "Wow, you look bad" he said walking into my room. "I was up all night" I explained. He laughed, "Do you want to go to the Halloween store to get a costume for Friday?" he asked sitting on my bed. "Can I get a shower first?" I said laughing. He shook his head. I got up and kissed his cheek and walked to my bathroom. I ran the water and got undressed and washed off. I was only minutes trying to hurry so he didn't have to wait long. I brushed my hair and walked out to my room with a towel on to get clothes. I got black jeans, and a red shirt and walked back to the bathroom and got dressed and did my make up. I threw on flip flops and got a jacket and walked to him and grabbed my purse. "When you came was Ronnie or someone down there?" I asked. "I think Jacky was down there, and your brother" he said. We walked downstairs and I walked into the kitchen Jacky was sitting there eating an apple. "Is my brother hear?" I asked grabbing water. "No, he just left why?" "I need some money. I'll call him or something" I said starting to walk away. "No, wait Echo. Hear, just pay me back later" Jacky said handing me dollars. "Thanks" I said taking it. I walked out to the car with Nick and moaned, "I need a job." Nick laughed and we started off down the street. We got to the Halloween store and it looked better than any store up in Ohio did. I parked and we walked in. "We should match" I said. He smirked. 'We can be Batman and the Joker?" Nick said. I smirked, I'll be the Joker" I said. He agreed and we went and bought the outfits. We walked down the street to eat, "We should go back to the graves, Halloween night" I said. "For what Echo?" "Just to goof off, Ronnie and his friends can come with us" I said. "Why are you so obsessed with them?" "I don't know. They tell a story" I explained. He rolled his eyes, "Let's go" he said. We paid and we went back to the car and we went to his house. "My parents are home, is that ok?" "Yeah, I'd love to meet them" I said smiling. I was a people person and loved to talk so of course I wanted to meet them. "We walked in and everyone was in the kitchen sitting. "Just like my house everyone's in the kitchen" I said as he laughed. "Who's this Nick?" his mom asked as we walked into the room. "This is Echo, the girl I told you all about." "Oh God, what did he tell you?" I said as they all laughed. "Nothing but good things dear" his mom said. "I'm Ella, this is Jack" he said introducing herself. "Nice to meet both of you" I said smiling. "Nick said you were from Ohio" his dad said. Nick grabbed two chairs and we sat down. "Yeah, that's my home" I said smirking. "Why'd you move? To much farm land?" I laughed not really getting the joke. "I had to move, my mom left my brother and I a long time ago, and my brother and my dad didn't have a good relationship so he left to move up hear to move on with music, and I lived with my dad who abused me and my brother didn't like it so he took me in" I explained giving the short story. "Has Nick been good to you?" his mom asked. "Yeah, he's one of the best things that happened to me in the move up hear" I explained looking into his green eyes. He smiled and put his arm around me. My phone went off and it was Ronnie texting me, "I have to go" I said. I got up and he walked my to the door, "Do you want a ride?" Nick asked. "No, no I'm good I'll walk" I said. I kissed his lips and said good bye and walked to my house. It was kind of a long walk but I needed it. When I came to the end of my street and I ran up to my house. I ran in and swung the door open and ran into Ronnie's arms. He hugged me and whispered, "I'm so sorry" in my ear. A few minutes went by and I was sitting on the stair case still crying, "Why'd he kill himself?" I asked. "He had a broken heart since I took you" Ronnie said. Jacky and Ran sat behind up playing with my hood. "It was all my fault" Ronnie said. "No, no it wasn't your fault" I yelled. "Don't say that, and don't do something stupid." "If I wouldn't have taken you he would-" "I wouldn't be happy and I possibly wouldn't be hear" I said interrupting. "Ronnie, you need to stay hear, you need to take care of your sister" Ryan said. "Ronnie he deserved this" I explained. "He did, didn't he" Ronnie said getting up and walked to the window. "Ronnie, I love you" I said. I walked up to my room and laid on my bed still crying. "Echo what's wrong?"A voice said. I lifted up my head to see Devin sitting next to me. "My dad killed himself at home, it was from a broken heart and now my brother thinks it's his fault but it isn't, I can't lose him" I said. "You wont, I'll make sure" Devin said. "You will?" "Of Course, your my friend, I'll do anything to help you" he said laughing. "Well do you want to help me with something?" I asked sitting up wiping my tears away. "Yeah." "On Halloween night have a huge party in the grave yard, make yourselves noticeable, I'm having people come back" I explained. "I'll do so" Devin said vanishing.