Status: Thoughts?

Make a Wish

Love me?

“Why are you touching my face?” Jack whispered, his eyes still closed as he lay on his favourite couch in the living area.

“You have a stray eyelash. Gotta make a wish,” Alex replied, his voice just as hushed so not to disturb the others on the bus.

Opening his eyes to find a shining brown pair looking back at him, the skunk haired male felt slightly disorientated, a light blush filling his tan cheeks. A finger with a long eyelash balanced on it was then forced up to his face.

Thinking for a few moments of what to wish for, Jack closed his eyes and gently blew the hair away only to be followed with a “What did you wish for?” from his best friend.

Sitting up on the sofa, he turned to his band mate and smirked. “If I tell you, it won’t come true.”

*


The bright strobe lights danced around the stage as the guys did their thing; Rian drumming his heart out, Zack playing his fingers to death, Alex singing at the top of his lungs, and Jack running around like a madman. Yes, the show was going as great as always.

“Alright guys, we’re gonna slow it down a little. Now, I wanna hear all your beautiful voices singing along to this one,” the lead singer announced, strumming his acoustic guitar with a grin plastered on his handsome face. He was alone on stage with a spotlight on him, the crowd being his only companion.

From the side, Jack watched the man perform in awe. He had always been inspired by the brunette, ever since they first met and he had found out the talents he possessed. Gaskarth’s musical ability was only one of the reasons why the younger male had fallen so hard for him.

Of course, the elder’s good looks and wonderful personality were what really attracted the guitarist; their shared sense of humour and loyalty only bound the two more so. In high school they were inseparable and with starting a band that would become their life, they grew a hell of a lot closer. So it was almost to be expected that Jack’s feelings would develop into something stronger.

Though, Alex was oblivious to the whole thing, much to Jack’s joy and also disappointment. He didn’t want a big deal made out of it all but then again, he wanted his best friend more than anything else. It was an aggravating situation for the boy, one that he very much needed to confront.

So when Remembering Sunday came to an end and Rian, Zack and Jack returned to the stage, the tall guitarist decided to excite the fans some more.

“Alex doesn’t love me anymore, guys,” Jack stated, causing screams and ‘boos’ to erupt. “Yeah, no love for Jack. I feel like Zack right now,” he teased, earning a ‘fuck you’ from the targeted male before he grabbed a microphone and retorted.

“Um, I get enough love, thank you very much. Ain’t that right?” he asked and the crowd replied with a tremendous volume of squeals. “I state my case.”

“How exactly do I not love you anymore, Jack? I think I love you more than you know, so stop yo’ jibber jabber, bitch!” the singer declared, turning to look at the lanky boy with a hand on his hip and an eyebrow raised, doing a ‘z’ snap. Very ghetto fabulous.

Being filled with delight at the fact that this whole thing was going Jack’s way, he tried his hardest to stop a smirk from spreading over his face. “I can’t remember the last time you touched me,” he said, wiping away a non-existent tear. The fans were loving it.

“I touched you this morning, babe.”

“That doesn’t count! I had a loose eyelash,” and as the words left his mouth, he could see Alex catching onto his plan as a thick eyebrow raised and he rolled his eyes.

With the crowd beginning to chant ‘kiss, kiss, kiss’, the two men stared at each other with unknown emotions. Rian then started a drum roll, egging them on, while Zack played a simple bass line along with it.

“Fine! I’ll give you something to remember.”

The singer strode across the stage to where the guitarist stood, taking his face in his hands and crushing their lips together to the sound of the room exploding with cheers. Taking a second to focus on what was happening before he kissed back, Jack couldn’t stop his tongue from slipping into Alex’s mouth, deepening the kiss.

But what surprised him was when he felt his best friend’s tongue entangling itself with his.

A few seconds later they pulled apart, their pupils dilated and their cheeks crimson as they gazed at one another. It was one hell of a kiss, in Jack’s mind. One that he would not forget.

“I guess wishes do come true,” he whispered, only loud enough for Alex to hear. It was that sentence which let Gaskarth know of his band mate’s true feelings, that filled him with warmth and sent a shiver down his spine.

But it was that kiss that confirmed his own feelings for Jack.

The brunette badly wanted to reconnect their mouths, to feel the intense spark ignite his heart one more time, except the show needed to go on. Stepping back from the tall boy, Alex went back to his original place in the centre of the stage. “Told ya you’d remember it,” he winked, brushing the tension off.

“I wanna see every one of you fuckers dancing to this next song. It’s called Lost in Stereo and it goes a lot like this!”

*


When the concert was over and the guys had been out to see the fans, they all retreated back to the bus for a much needed rest. They had been playing the whole week and it was taking its toll on them, though thankfully they had a break for the next couple days. Unfortunately, there were no hotel stops.

“I’m going to bed. See you in the morning,” Jack yawned, stumbling to the bunks where he stripped down to his boxers and crawled into his untidy bed. As he lay there letting his thoughts consume him, the one moment he played over and over again was the kiss. There was an obvious grin on his face as he remembered the sensation and thrill of it.

But just as he felt sleep creeping over him, the sound of the screen opening and a dip in his mattress woke him. Too tired to do anything, he listened to the shutter close and the person next to him move into a more comfortable position.

“Jack, we need to talk about what happened tonight.”

“Too tired,” the lanky male mumbled, his heart racing at the thought of getting into a deep conversation with the person who held his heart.

“Come on, I’m serious. It all just confused me a little and I need my best friend to talk to.”

Deciding to comply, Jack shuffled around so that he was facing the dark figure, then put the small lamp on so he could see the man he was in love with. He was overcome with shyness at the sight of the glorious male shirtless.

“How long?” Alex asked, puzzling Jack. “How long have you liked me?”

“Lex, you don‘t…” a look from the singer stopped the younger man from avoiding the question. “I don’t know, okay? Maybe always. It doesn’t matter, though. I mean, nothing has to change. We‘ll just drop it.”

“Don’t say that,” Alex snapped unexpectedly, surprising Jack. “Don’t say ‘we’ll just drop it’ because something like this can’t be dropped, Jack. Because if we ‘drop it‘, then I can’t tell you how fucking crazy I am about you. Because if we ‘drop it‘, then I can’t tell you how much I need you. If we drop it, then I can’t do this.”

In a heated gust, Alex crashed his lips against Jack’s, his hands knotted in black and white locks as the guitarist pulled the singer closer, their bare chests flat against one another’s. Straddling the taller male, Gaskarth put his all into the kiss as Barakat did the same, the two an emotional mess of tangled limbs.

The passionate kiss continued for a good few minutes before they had to break apart for air. Their eyes searched each other’s, looking for any ounce of doubt or regret, anything that could ruin their relationship. But there was nothing found except pure adoration.

And from that moment on, they were closer than ever before. It was what they both needed; what they both craved. It was the repercussions of a wish come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think, please!

Want some smut? Read Love in an Elevator.