Status: Please don't expect fast updates. Procrastination is a bad habit for me.

What's Up, Lonely?

Chapter Two

Despite falling asleep at six pm, Shinya didn't wake until late afternoon the next day. After spending everyday for nearly a year and a half working on their new album, the band had finally been given a much needed vacation and Shinya was much more exhausted than he really felt. He had slept peacefully, dreaming about his new friend from yesterday, but waking was in no way pleasant. His bedroom was warm and yet he felt frozen and trembled violently beneath the blankets. Instead of feeling at peace like he had expected he was hit hard with cold, heart stopping terror that he just could not explain. He didn't exactly feel like he was being watched, nor did he hear anyone else in the apartment with him. It was like he had done something terribly wrong and he was just waiting to be caught.

He laid there staring blankly at the ceiling through the weakly filtered sunlight. A million thoughts raced across his mind as quickly as his beating heart. All of them pointed at just one person. But why?

There was a somewhat easy explanation for the fear she had unknowingly cast over him; he just couldn't think rationally in this condition. He had not planed to meet Kagami at the cafe today and a small part of him was overjoyed about not having to see her so soon. He needed time to think things through.

The terror he felt still had not receded so he carefully dragged himself out of the safety of his bed and made his way to the kitchen. He decided to skip the coffee and just made himself a light lunch since it was past noon already. He carefully skimmed through the days' paper and checked the post from this morning, anything that would occupy his mind. Nothing really stood out to him.

Shinya eventually found himself wandering aimlessly through the apartment, just looking for something to do. It had been so long since he had a day off that he just didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He was half tempted to just call someone, but held little faith that anyone would be willing to do something today.

He did at one point settle for a bath and after two hours found himself stretched out on the couch in nothing but his boxers watching television. It wasn't something he normally did, wander around half naked, but it wasn't like he was expecting visitors and he was feeling rather lazy.

Too lazy to be decent in the privacy of his own home.

Somewhere between watching some drama and drifting off to sleep, he vaguely wondered what everyone was doing at that moment. Were they just as bored as he was? Or did they actually go out and enjoy themselves? He could only imagine.

'Right now Kyo would be sitting at his desk writing in one of his journals. More lyrics no doubt. Die and Kaoru would probably be leaving now to go to some random bar to laugh and drink until they couldn't even form a real word. And Toshiya...Probably gone out somewhere with his latest girlfriend.' He smiled admiringly at the thought of his beloved friends. He spent one day away from them and already he deeply missed them.

Fighting against the protest of his own body, Shinya slowly got up to retrieve his phone from the bedroom. Kyo would surely be annoyed if he really was writing, but he would take his chances anyway.

He spread himself out on his back on top of the cream colored comforter and waited for Kyo to reply to the text.

It came surprisingly quick. The message was short and simple, but left him deeply confused. He didn't remember anyone mentioning an interview for tomorrow.

He sent him another text and then shut his eyes, expecting to, but not really believing he would, take a short nap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is much shorter, it just kind of felt like a good stopping place. The next chapter will continue on to the next day with the other members and maybe I'll throw Kagami back in if it works. I'll be able to start writing a little more since it's spring break so hopefully it'll just take me a day or two. I'll give a cookie to whoever can guess correctly what the whole anxiety attack was all about ;)