Faultless

Comatose?

I've been awake for five minutes.
I have assessed my body a billion times, I'm unscathed.
So why am I here? Why is my Mum here?
Why is my bed surrounded by a dozen young doctors?
Why the fuck is this dick head of a Doctor allowing the slightly cute scrawny guy out of the dozen approach my bed?

He stands a foot away from me. I see him gulp. "Err.. Miss.." he looks at the chart, and a look of mild horror crosses his face, "Hi I am Dr Daines, what is your name?" he reassumes his composure.

I sigh, I've guessed somethings happened and that it serious enough that they need to assess my mental capabilities, and the look of horror in his eyes was in response to the fact he nearly called me by my name and that the doctors need to see if I know my own name, I've seen enough Grey's Anatomy.

"I'm Becca Rose Richardson. Age 19. Its 2013." I sigh.

"Thank you Becca." Daines smiles finally feeling more confident, he carries on. "Whats the date?"

I thought back all I could think was - February 14th, I stumbled to say it out aloud. "14th of february..." I know I'm wrong by the mumbling that commences from the eleven remaining interns.

I start to tear up... Daines pulls a hurt face, and clears his throat.
"Becca, it's okay. You have been in a comatose state for two weeks, it is now February 17th." He puts his open hand on my shoulder and then removes it to grab the tissue box and I pull out a tissue.

I pull it to bits and nod, processing.

The head doctor nods at Daines and leaves the room followed by his eleven remaining interns.

"Miss Richardson, I must tell you that the police are here and wish to speak to you. I will be back later." Daines leaves the room and I sigh.