Faultless

Miss Richardson?

"Miss Richardson?" a young couple dressed in officer uniforms peer around the door.
I nod and they walk in.
The woman pulls out a notebook and the guy a tape recorder.
"Miss Richardson, I am officer Parker, This is Officer Granger. Please may I record this interview - its a new technique being adopted by the met." he smiles knowing I shouldn't really have a problem with this unless I'm hiding something.

Click, "February 17th 2013. Case 1209482. Officers Parker and Granger. First interview with Miss Rebecca Rose Richardson, at Fountain Medical Centre." the tape started and Officer Parker said the important stuff.

"Officer Granger speaking for the first time on the tape, Miss Richardson I need to ask you do you remember anything about the 14th of February?"

"No, I mean I know it was valentines day and that something serious happened to cause me to be here but I remember nothing." I sob.

"You went out with one Mr David Francis of 15 Pageants Rd, on the evening of 14th from your mothers house at 7:30pm in his car and then you were then found on Garth Parkway at 12:35am, in a car which had been in a traffic collision at approximately 12:30am. You were removed from the car, which was in a serious state. One of which Mr David Francis did not survive." Officer Parker finished.

"Oh, my god!" I gasp, "How did I survive?" I'm starting to tear uncontrollably.

"We wanted to ask about, where your position in the car was?" Officer Granger spoke sternly.

"I was in the passenger seat obviously I'm only sixteen I don't have my permit yet." I said determined, but I honestly didn't remember, the only time I would even consider driving would be if someone was so drunk and refused a cab, but even then I wouldn't go near the north-side of town where Garth and all of the parkways are.

"You see that is where you and the evidence vary." Officer Parker folds his arms as he says this.

Then Dr Daines walks in with some scrubs and my mother's face is tear stained, shit! I think I'm going to be arrested!

"Miss Richardson please go with Officer Granger to the bathroom and change into the clothes. Then we must escort you to the station for an official interview." my mum gasped at officer Parker's request.

I change and walk out of the hospital with the Officers, I hug my mum and say "I love you, but I don't understand whats happened, I don't remember. Mum please tell David's Mum I'm sorry." I sob.

I don't know what they mean by the evidence doesn't match but it must be serious if they have to give me a formal interview.

I catch Daines' eyes and he looks empathetic, my mum says "Thank you, Carson." to Dr Daines. I sigh Carson Daines... He's Sally's son. He grew up four houses downs from me until we moved four years ago, how did I not guess.