Nina May

Chapter 3

I was fidgeting. I was nervous and I was fidgeting in front of the entire class. Everybody was

staring at me and I mean everybody. We had potions with the Slytherin's today. And since the class was an odd number I was working by my self.

This potion should only take two people thirty minuets to complete the potions in it entirety.

But I the only person working by themselves wasn't any where near done and Professor Donovan was coming to check my potion, my not even half done potion.

" Ahh Miss. Walcott, how has your potion going are you done as the other students are," he said to me.

"No sir I'm not done I had no partner so after I finished cutting my ingredients time ran out, sir" I said looking at my shoes.

" Detention after school today Miss Walcott be here by 5:30 exactly," He said walking away from me and my cauldron.

The the bell rang I was grateful that he was m last class of the day.

I knew that my detention started right when dinner began so I made my way slowly to the
kitchen.

The school kitchens aren't as much of a secret that everybody seems to think that
they are.

'Why am I the only student that he picks on, why me did I do something in my past life to deserve this kind of treatment, I wish I had some place to go where I could just think and let my self go and be free I really wish I,' I cut my thoughts off from there.

Tickling the pear I walked into the kitchens and sat down at the stool where well you sit and wait for your food from the house elf's.

"Hello Missus Nina, what can Effie get for you today," Effie one of the few free elves that stayed to work in the kitchens asked me. Not to mention she is one of my favorite elves that helps me.

" Effie could you please bring me a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of cranberry raspberry juice," I asked her politely with a smile.

I traces letters that have been engraved on the counter and I surprisingly found the letters S.P.E.W.

I knew it has something to do with house elves rights but I'm not quite sure about what the actual name for it it.

I along with several other students heard that Hermione Granger had started this movement.

"Here you are Missus," Effie said to me.

I ate as slowly as I had walked here. But when 5:15 came around I knew I had to leave so I left if I had tried to help they would have been offended.

As I walked towards the dungeons I imaged what type of punishment Professor Donovan would put me through.

"Professor, are you in," I said knocking on the door while pushing my way in.