Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Nightmare

My face stung as Nathan slapped me. I cried out and he shoved me against the coffee table.

"What did I tell you?" he yelled. "I told you not to leave the house unless I am with you at all times!"

Tears poured down my face as I tried to take a deep breath. "Skittles jumped out of the window!" I cried as my rag doll kitten stared at me from the windowsill.

"I'm so tired of hearing the damn excuses for that cat!" Nathan screamed.

"It's true!" I yelled, causing pain to come in my side.

He whipped his police issued gun and said, "Don't you ever yell at me again!"

*******************************************

I woke up in a dead sweat, sitting up as I clutched my side. Skittles jumped up on my bed, staring at me, concern in her eyes.

I took a deep breath, rubbed her head and said, "It was just a dream Skittles. Just a dream."

She meowed, rubbed her head on my hand and licked my fingers. I took a deep breath and looked at Skittles. "Thank you baby girl," I said, petting her.

I jumped as I heard a very loud noise. After nearly knocking Skittles from my bed, I ran to the window and seen a snow plow coming down my street. I sighed, looking at my digital clock as it read 4:01 AM.

I picked Skittles off the floor and got back underneath my covers. I cuddled up to her and listened to her purring. "It was just a nightmare. Nathan can't find me, he just can't," I said as I slowly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you are patient as I slowly work on writing this story. I am new to this and hope you like it. More to come soon!