Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

I Could Use Some Shoe Therapy

Kelly couldn't stop laughing, so I went over to her and smacked her back until she calmed down. She couldn't stop laughing because Patrick Rissmiller sprayed water out of his nose and the fact what just went down between the guys and I.

Luke decided to throw a fry at me so when I threw it back, it landed in the ketchup bottle. Patrick was taking a drink of water and it sprayed out of his nose. I then proceeded to curtsy and say thanks when I was told nice aim.

I could tell that Luke and Brayden were talking about me when we got our food. It kind of scared me for some reason. I wasn't sure what they wanted from me. I also didn't want them to get hurt if Nathan did in fact find me.

When they were finished with their meal, Brayden walked over to me and said, "I will chat with you later on Facebook."

I took a sip of my Dr. Pepper and said, "I will talk to you later."

He smiled and they walked out. Kelly looked at me and I said, "What?"

*********************

When we were in Burlingtons, Kelly held a shirt up to me and said, "So, you didn't tell me you have him on Facebook."

"What's there to tell? We had a conversation this morning. Nothing big," I replied.

"Honey, just the fact that you are talking to a guy means you are ready to move on from your divorce," she said.

I turned to the rack when she put the shirt back and thumbed through the shirts. I still haven't told her the whole story. "I haven't told you the whole story Kelly and the thing is I don't know if I will ever be ready to tell anybody," I said quietly.

"I know there is more to it," she said. "I know you have been hurt big time and it is going to take you a long time to get over it. I've heard a lot about Brayden. He would protect you if you two ever got together. Honey, give him a chance. Maybe you could open up to him."

"I don't want him hurt Kelly," I said. "He seems like a really nice guy and I have been getting confusing feelings. I think I could like him but I don't want him to get hurt."

Kelly looked at me and said, "I am sorry honey."

"That's okay," I said.

"You know what? Shoes always make me feel better," she said. "Why don't we go to the shoes and hit every shoe store?"

I took a deep breath and smiled. "Okay, sounds good!" I said. "I could use some shoe therapy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry for not posting this chapter. I haven't had any access to a computer. I will work hard to try to at least put up one more chapter tonight. Please bear with me since I don't have a computer at home so I try to work on this story when I have access to a computer with the internet. Enjoy!