Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Missing You

I sat there, staring at my computer screen in the dark with John Waite's song Missing You playing. I knew how much Anna hated me watching my screen in the dark so I reached over and turned the light on. She said her dad told her to turn the lights on when she was reading so her eyes wouldn't go bad.

Our wedding picture still hung up on the wall because I missed her. I didn't want to take it down since I knew once I found her she would come home and all would be forgotten. I never meant to hurt her so I didn't know why she wouldn't answer my calls or e-mails. She knew I was devoted to her.

I looked at the most recent picture I had of her which was from six months ago. She was wearing a light blue shirt with black pants and her hair up in a ponytail. Even though I wanted her to look more like a woman, she still looked beautiful. I almost had her but once I found out where she worked in New Haven, Connecticut, she left fast.

After Chief O'Shea found out how I got the picture, he put me on a months suspension. I had used my resources from the station to search her and when I came back, he wasn't happy with me. My phone rang and when I seen it was from my mother, I let it go to voicemail.

My mother didn't know about the divorce and I was hell bent on keeping it from her since I was planning on finding Anna. I booted up my research program and put her name in, every way I could. I would get the same old things like old bills and stuff from when we were still married.

I knew she had to have had a cell phone, a computer with internet, a drivers license and a job but somehow she was doing very well about hiding it. I punched the wall, leaving another hole because I knew I couldn't risk using the police station search system. Chief O'Shea didn't understand why I couldn't let her go and he would get very angry.

I walked to the refrigerator and grabbed my vodka from the freezer. After pouring a glass, I walked past the wedding picture. I stopped and stared at Anna and said, "Where the hell are you?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a short chapter but I have it planned out so chapters in Nathan's view will be. I hope you enjoy!