Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

May I Take Your Order?

I tied my hair into a knot at the top of my head as Skittles jumped up on the bathroom sink. "Down Skittles!" I said, looking in the mirror, brushing the hair out of my face.

Skittles flicked her tail and jumped down. She meowed all the way out of the bathroom and down the hall. I shook my head and started in on my basic makeup. I used black eyeliner, a light blue eye shadow and a little mascara.

As I left the bathroom, I shut the light off and grabbed my purse and coat from my room. I headed to the kitchen and set out fresh food and water for Skittles. "Mommy will be back in eight hours baby. Be good!" I said and locked my apartment.

I brushed the snow off my car and looked up at my window. Skittles was sitting in the window watching me and I blew a kiss. After I started my car, my phone rang. I dug into my purse to check the caller id and when I seen it was a Charleston number, my heart started to race. I chose to ignore it and pulled out of my parking lot.

************************************

"Table 6 order up!" Matthew, the cook shouted.

I grabbed the order, placed it on a tray and ran my food. "If there is anything else I can get you, don't hesitate to ask," I said with a smile.

Assuring me that they were okay, my customers smiled and I went back behind the counter. I scrubbed the counter down and heard the jingle letting me know that there were new customers in. To my surprise, Brayden McNabb stood there along with Matt Ellis, Mark Mancari and Luke Adam. Brayden looked at me and smiled, making my heart pound for no reason except his amazing smile. They sat down in a booth and picked up menus from their holder.

I looked at the other server, Kelly and seen she was with a customer. She looked at them and then back at me. She nodded and made it clear that she wanted me to take their order.

With my heart pounding, I grabbed my pad and a pen and slowly walked over. "Hello, my name is Anna. I will be your server for today. May I take your order?" I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
*I don't own the Rochester Americans*
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I don't know when I will be able to put up more chapters.