Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Some Place To Start

I paced in my living room with everything I had left of Anna. She had left a pair of shoes, the same pair she had on when we got into our last big fight. I laid her wedding dress across the chair hoping that it would speak to me, tell me where she was right now.

I buried my face in her dress, trying not to cry. I wanted her back really bad and I had no idea how to find her. It was like she had vanished into thin air. No searches with either her maiden name or my last name came up. I searched every where and nothing. Facebook was a bust since the only one I could find was when she was last married to me. The only thing that I had any luck with was getting a couple of e-mails through.

My phone rang and I debated for a minute whether to answer it or not. "Yes?" I answered.

"Nathan," my mom said. "Have you found her yet?"

I shook my head and said, "No ma, I haven't found her."

"Well look harder," she said. "I want grandchildren!"

"I am trying as hard as I can ma!" I protested.

"She couldn't have gone far," my mother said.

"I have had no luck," I said.

"Why a woman would leave a man she loves, I had no clue," she said.

"I know ma," I said. "Gotta go ma."

I hung up as quick as I could and then got back up to walk towards the kitchen. I tripped over a box next to the couch and caught myself just in time. I kicked the box and it tipped over, spilling a bunch of pictures and papers out.

I noticed a picture next to a pizza box and then picked it up. Anna had a bright smile and was sitting next to her friend, Ashley. Something snapped and I looked at the picture again, only this time at Ashley. For the first time in months, I smiled. I had some place to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about the delay in this chapter. I have been having many issues. I tried to write this chapter last week but my best friend got a new kitten and he tried to climb all over the computer so I gave up. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I pray that you are going to be patient for the next one. I really have to figure out how to bring Ashley into the story. I will work hard and please bear with me. Enjoy!