Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

I Miss My Friend

It was hard to believe that Anna and I had been together for two weeks. Time seemed to be flying fast but at the same time it seemed like I have known her forever.

She stretched while we were sitting on her couch and then she leaned back into me. At that moment, Skittles came flying from nowhere and launched into the air. Anna went to swat a fly and caught Skittles, sending Skittles flying back.

"Mommy is so sorry Skittles!" Anna said quickly and then Skittles landed into the popcorn dish.

Anna burst out laughing as soon as Skittles came up with a piece of popcorn stuck on the fur between her eyes. I started laughing at Anna's laugh and then we both were laughing so hard that I thought we would never stop laughing.

Skittles gave us a look, got out of the bowl while spilling the rest and just walked away. Anna got up and ran towards her bathroom when she seen a solitary piece of popcorn stuck on the end of Skittles' tail.

I got up and picked Skittles up and took the popcorn off of her. Skittles licked my hand and meowed, letting me know she wanted to get down. After I set her down, she rubbed on my leg and walked away.

Anna came back from the bathroom, calmed down and said, "I haven't laughed like that in a long time."

I smiled and we sat back on the couch. Ten minutes later, out of the blue, she said, "I miss my friend Ashley."

"Why don't you call her?" I responded.

Anna shook her head and said, "I have tried but she must have changed her number and I don't dare to try on Facebook. Nathan knows about her."

"Would he even try to find her?" I asked and she nodded.

"He is that demented that he would," she replied.

I hugged her to me and said, "If there was a way to find her, would you?"

She nodded and said, "Yes I would. I miss her so much."

We settled down and just finished watching the movie after we cleaned the popcorn.

**********************

After I got home, I tried to remember the last name that Anna gave me. I told her I would check Facebook but wouldn't add her if I happened to find Ashley. While my computer booted, I called Luke.

"What's up man?" Luke asked.

"Just trying to find Anna's friend," I replied. "Anna really misses her and I want to help her get in touch with her."

"She must miss her life before her ex," he said.

I took a deep breath because I knew it was true. She missed her life before her ex which ment before me. "Yes she does," I said. "In a way it's hard to think about because I care about her a lot."

My computer made the noise letting me know it was turning on. I sat down and logged on and then logged into Facebook. I put in the name Ashley and then sat there for a moment to try and remember the last name.

"You still with me Brayden?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, just trying to remember her friend's last name," I replied.

"Oh," Luke said and then it sounded like he was turning on his radio. The song Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne came on.

"THANK YOU LUKE!" I said and then punched in Osbourne.

"What?" Luke asked, confused. "You have me confused!"

I laughed and said, "Because you turned on music, I remembered her friend's last name."

Ashley's profile was semi-private but I realized that I could see some of her pictures. I found what looked like an old picture of Ashley and I recognized Anna right away. "I found her!" I said.

"What are you going to do?" Luke asked me.

I grabbed a notepad and went back to her page. "I'm going to try and get the information down so Anna can potentially get a hold of her," I said.

I wrote down all I could, contact info, im messenger names and the e-mail addresses. "Wow," Luke said.

"What?" I asked, pausing as I was in the middle of writting down her location.

"I've never seen you this persistant with anything," Luke said. "You really do care about her, don't you?"

"Yes I do," I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I didn't have to work hard for it. I just gotta figure out how I am going to introduce Ashley. Ashley is the name of my real life friend and will be based on her as well. I figured if the main character is based on me and I can't live without my friends, then I need to introduce them somehow. I hope you like this one and I will work on getting the next chapter up.