‹ Prequel: All I've Ever Wanted
Status: Active; updates will be slow

From This Moment On

Late Night Cravings & Cuddling

I slowly open my eyes to find it was dark. What time is it? I feel Harry beside me snoring away sound asleep as I sit up slowly. I glance at the digital clock on the nightstand on my side to find it was two-thirty in the morning. As I lay my head back on the pillow, I try to get comfortable again. I hear Harry let out a groan in his sleep and pull me against him.

I smile to myself and shut my eyes once more as I try to drift back to sleep. Just as I was about to pass back out, my stomach begins to growl. I was hungry and wanted something to eat, thanks to my pregnancy cravings. I groan a bit and slowly yet forcefully pull myself from his tight grip on my waist and his hand that was resting on my growing baby bump. I laugh a bit silently to myself when I finally free myself from his grip and I sit up about to stand up to my feet. He soon goes back to snoring, dead to the world.

I slowly rise from the bed and begin to make my way through the dark room. I feel my way through the dark as I make my way for the door of our bedroom. After I pull the door open, I shut it quietly behind me as I can before I quietly begin to make my way down stairs. I slowly make my way down the hallway and let out a sigh when I see I’m right near the staircase, which was dimly lit up.

As I reach the stairs, I grab hold of the railing to keep my balance as I make my way down the staircase. I am finally on the first floor and let out a sigh from my slightly parted lips as I walk over to the kitchen. Being pregnant took a lot of energy out of you, with the weight of a baby on my bladder and the fact I have to pee all the time, so much fun, not. But another thing I loved about this whole being pregnant thing is that I’m carrying our son and the bond we have with each other. This is one thing I finally understand, the bond between mother and child, since I’m experiencing it myself, and it was a beautiful thing, really.

I flip the light on when I make it to the doorway of the kitchen. What do I want to eat? I think to myself as I walk over to the fridge. I open it up and begin to find something good. After a few minutes, I don’t find anything so I decide to look through the pantry to see if there was anything I wanted in there. I soon spot some Nutella and grab it before I shut the door and grab a spoon.

After I take a seat at the island on a stool, I begin to eat the wonders of Nutella. For the next few minutes, I sit there in the silence of the night in the brightly lit kitchen and enjoy my snack. It was nice other than the fact I couldn’t sleep. I continue to enjoy my midnight snack for the next couple minutes or so before I hear a voice I knew quite well.

“Sam? Everything okay, baby? It’s not time, is it?!” I hear Harry’s voice, concern laced in his words, in his deep voice that was still thick from sleep. I turn to see him standing there, in his boxers without his shirt, hair a mess. There was a look of panic in his eyes as if he thought I went in to labor or something, which, I haven’t yet, thankfully. I still have a few more months left to go before he’s here.

“I’m fine, babe,” I tell him with a smile and look over at him. “Was having cravings and couldn’t sleep, didn’t want to wake you,” I say as I watch him move over to where I was at the bar.

“I woke up and noticed you were gone, and I thought the baby was coming,” he says and runs one of his hands through his hair and moves his arm so it was resting on my shoulder. With his other hand, he reaches over to take the spoon from my grip and take a bite. I groan a bit as I feel his fingers begin to massage my neck, which was somewhat sore from how I’d slept earlier. It felt good, him beginning to relieve the slight soreness in my neck.

I set the spoon on the counter along with the tub of Nutella and shift in my seat so I could give him more room to reach my neck. “Keep doing that, Haz, please,” I mumble and let my eyes slip closed as he begins to do a number on my back with his fingertips and thumbs.

“Let’s get back to bed, babe, it’s late and you need your beauty sleep for you and our little man,” I feel him lean forward and whisper in my ear and wrap his arms around my waist to rest on my baby bump, and rest his chin on my shoulder. I smile a bit and yawn somewhat loudly and find myself nod along with his words. I was kind of tired now, actually.

I slowly stand up from my spot at the bar in the kitchen and turn so I can put up my late night snack. I feel a hand touch my arm lightly and I look up to be met with Harry’s green eyes looking into my blue ones. “I got it babe, you go on to bed,” he tells me softly with a small smile and presses a kiss to my cheek. “Be up there in a minute,” I just nod my head and mumble a ‘thanks’ to him before I find myself slowly making my way back toward the stairs.

It takes me a few minutes, thanks to the baby weight I was carrying on my bladder, but I soon make it up the stairs. I walk into mine and Harry’s room and let out a sigh from my lips. The lamp on the bed side table was on so I didn’t have to walk in darkness. I lie down and rest my eyes for a few minutes while I wait for Harry to come back up.

Soon, I feel the bed sink down beside me and I feel Harry’s arms wrap around my middle and pull me into him, and I notice him turn the light off and I have to get used to the darkness in the room, once again. I smile as he does so and I hear him whisper an “I love you” in my ear. He was too sweet, I swear. I tell him I love him too and shut my eyes as I rest my head on his bare chest. It was kind of difficult for him to hold me close, thanks to my huge belly, which held our growing son.

“Go to sleep, baby, you need it,” he tells me as he holds me in his arms. “Have a long day tomorrow,” he says into my ear in a soft tone. That’s when I remember, we were going to look at real estate tomorrow. He presses a kiss to the exposed skin on my shoulder and I feel him nuzzle his face into my neck. I nod and let a sigh from lips as I let my eyes slip shut and begin to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter!!!! Omg it's been forever since I last updated, crazy! Kind of a short chapter but at least it's an update!!

I hope everyone likes the chapter - I'd love to know what everyone thinks -- let me know what you think please!(:

comment, recommend, subscribe if you like? Thanks for reading <3