Iced

I wouldn't last one night alone

“I really don’t understand the point of this movie,” Harry groaned for possibly the eighteenth time. “It’s just strange.”

I tossed a piece of popcorn at his head. “Just be quiet.”

Harry let out a little sigh of annoyance and propped his head up on his hand. It was already past midnight. Our movie tryst was far from over though. Since Harry had no games for a few days, and practice in the morning was optional, I had made him promise to pull an all-night movie marathon.

We decided on switching back and forth between Harry’s choices and mine. His pick was first as he said that it was only fair since he won tonight. I couldn’t argue with him, plus I was still a bit breathless from his kiss in the kitchen. He had chosen Anchorman and I warned him to get all his laughs out now because all my choices were going to be horror movies I had yet to see.

Which led us to the second movie, V/H/S. We were only about halfway into it when Harry started groaning over it but I pointedly ignored him. With the way he was sitting earlier it was as if he was scared of the movie’s potential, though he wouldn’t admit to it.

Instead of teasing him about it I decided to curl right into his side with a bowl of popcorn, head resting on his chest and his arm around my shoulders. Every once in a while he would pepper the top of my head with sweet, soft kisses. At the start of the third mini-film within V/H/S I was more than distracted by his lips. He just would not stop with the affection and I couldn’t concentrate.

“Harry,” I sighed. “As much as I love this, I do want to watch the movie. Now don’t be a baby and pay attention.” I patted his cheek happily.

When I reached for the remote to resume the movie he snatched it right out of my grasp and held it far above my head.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You can’t be serious right now.” But I knew that with the cheeky smile of his present he certainly was.

I pushed the fluffy blanket off of my legs and kneeled, hands on his shoulders for balance.

“Give me the damn remote you stubborn man.”

Harry chuckled and waved it further out of my reach. His bright eyes stared directly into mine, not wavering for even a moment.

“Let’s watch something else,” he murmured softly.

I wagged my finger in his face, knowing exactly what it was that he was trying to do. “Oh no no Harry. I see you trying to seduce me but it’s not going to work. I’m a determined woman. I don’t take no for an answer.”

Harry smirked and dropped the remote. Before I knew what was happening his hands were on my waist and pushing me onto my back, him hovering above me. His hands were searingly hot on my body. His forehead was just touching mine and the tip of his nose brushed over mine as he spoke.

“I don’t take no as an answer either. I think we may have a problem here, Miss Sullivan.”

His minty breath washed over my face, overloading my senses with the touching as well. Harry finally pressed his lips to mine, eyes fluttering closed as he intensified the kiss. Our lips were frenzied as we grappled at each other for anything we could hold onto. My hands worked their way into his mess of chocolate curls and his moved up to the sides of my face, holding me close. His body collapsed onto mine. I was held down by the weight of his body but it wasn’t something I wanted to move at all.

“Jeez you guys are like two horny teenagers.”

Harry and I shot apart, sitting up with flushed faces. Our eyes shifted to the kitchen, where Mikey was standing at the fridge with the carton of orange juice in his hands. He laughed loudly, I’m assuming at our appearance, and filled up a glass.

Harry fidgeted next to me and ran a hand nervously through his hair. I grabbed the remote where it had fallen onto the floor and switched off the television. Tugging Harry’s hand, I pulled him straight out of the living room and down the hall, waving a quick good night to Mikey who just laughed again.

I pushed open the door to my bedroom with fingers crossed, hoping it wasn’t too messy for Harry to handle. Normally I was a very neat person, but with the recent move I had found little time too unpack everything, so some opened, half-filled boxes littered the corners of my room with clothes hanging out of them.

Harry’s throaty chuckle echoed in the room. “Trying to take me to bed already baby? Corrupting my innocence.”

I slapped his chest as I pulled down the covers of my bed. “Oh stop it. We can finish our movie marathon in here. It’s comfier and you can hide under the covers if you’re scared,” I teased.

Letting out a groan he climbed in next to me, wrapping me close against his chest. “Will you protect me from the scary monsters?”

“A big, strong hockey player like yourself needs protecting?” He nodded his head, pouting out his lower lip. “Well then I guess I’ve got your back.”

He chuckled and pressed his lips to my forehead, lingering for a moment. Once the movie was set up he was quick to snuggle further under the covers, the comforter pulled straight up to his chin. He looked like a little boy, similar to how he did in high school. I smiled at the thought and pressed play.

Harry was surprisingly quiet for the rest of the movie. His eyes were trained on the television sitting upon my dresser, but he still flinched when the scary parts popped up on the screen. A few times when I glanced over his eyes were squeezed shut and I couldn’t help a little giggle at his appearance. At that he would shoot me a glare and stick his tongue out.

When the movie was over and it was quiet in the room, I heard soft snores emitting from his mouth. Turning just my head so I wouldn’t disturb him, I pressed my lips up to his jawline softly. I was lucky to have him like this. I knew I was falling fast for him but it couldn’t be helped. I was a goner.

I snuggled up tight to him and his arms instinctively flexed around me, holding me right against him. I fell asleep in his arms within moments.

♠ ♠ ♠
So, as my life is literally such a struggle, it turns out that when I posted this I never clicked the add button and it never sent and I thought it uploaded and when I went to add the next update I was like wait what something's not right and IT WAS WRONG.

So yeah.

On the bright side fluffy Harry happened anyways and it's here now so yay don't hate me.

I want to a penguins vs bruins game in Boston on monday and omg. omg. omg. I got harassed a few times but overall it was great and I'm so happy I was blessed enough to be able to go and have such great seats. I was in row 9 from the ice and it was a beautiful thing. UGH THAT 3RD PERIOD GOAL O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN. And the guy sitting next to me was from London and he was like oh yeah I'm not really a fan of either team I'm just here to see my friend who plAYS FOR THE PENGUINS and I was freaking out and apparently he used to live in Vancouver and that's where he met TANNER GLASS WHEN HE PLAYED FOR THE CANUCKS I'M LITERLALY STILL NOT OVER THIS HELP. but Tanner wasn't playing that night 'cause he broke his wrist last week or whatever so he was in the press box and this guy was going to see him after and I was like take me with you pLEASE. I was tempted to either pick pocket the pass he had or hurdle myself into the tunnel where the players come out but I figured my parents wouldn't be happy with me having a criminal offense on my record. OH GOD I'M RAMBLING AND YEAH I'LL STOP.

Love you guys :-)